Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blueduck

I think Man C would have been better off with Sven Göran. He always found players that nobody else thought of and made a good team starting with the back 4. Not necesserily expensive superstars, but everybody had a role to fulfill in the team. Imagine what he could do with the transfer money today, and he'd still have money left over :lol:

:eek: NO thanks. He didn't know how to motivate players, change formation or to give proper training sessions. He just let players do what they wanted in training.

He did generally have a good eye for a player though. Petrov, Elano and Corluka were class imo. (He did sign a few duds though, like Mpenza, Benjani and Caicedo.)

JALJM

I'd just like to point out for those saying Real can't catch up to us next year, that they don't necessarily need to. Recall that this season, going into the second clasico, they had the chance to reduce the lead to 2pts (correct me if i'm wrong). While we utterly dominated La Liga, Real "kinda sorta" dominated La Liga, and 3 pts is 3 pts.
Of course, we showed we were the better team, but imagine if we reach the same stage next year, and they have Kaka, Villa, ad some decent defenders? All of a sudden, it's a lot tighter.

I'm not being pessimistic, just sayin, football is a rare game where the best team doesn't always win :)
And we definitely shouldn't underestimate Real Madrid for next season.

P.S. This is why i'm actually fine with Valencia, Atletico, Villareal, etc. keeping all their players and improving. If La Liga is more competitive, theoretically this should mean that quality will shine through, rather than luck...
:2145960713mundoemot

E

Esteve

That's the idea anyway. Spain first, Europe later. Problem is, they still have to sign all these players they've been linked with. They have to build a team. At the moment, they're miles behind the top sides in Europe. So, a lot of work to be done. Should be interesting.

Beast

The Observer
:lol::lol::lol: this one is funny, had to laugh out real loud :D...you gotta love the english press...the source is the mirror

--------------------------------------------

Real Madrid Stunned By Kaka's Demands - Report
Greed is taking its toll as Kaka's father is asking the impossible from Real Madrid...
4 Jun 2009 14:35:32

Kaka's alleged move to Real Madrid was well on the way of being wrapped earlier today as AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani publicly declared that the Brazilian is most likely to leave Italy, whereas president Silvio Berlusconi said that the move was up to the player himself.

After the two clubs agreed a fee of €65 million, conflict has now arisen between Real Madrid and Kaka's representatives, who are making astronomical demands.

According to British paper The Mirror, Kaka's agent and father, Bosco Leite, is supposedly asking for a personal commission of €11.5 million, a sum that Real Madrid president Florentino Perez thinks is much too high.

Leite is also demanding a signing-on-fee of an additional €11.5 million, plus a transfer and €1.5 million for Kaka's younger brother Digao. This would make Real Madrid pay a total €89.5 million, a sum that would break the bank as the highest transfer in history.

Real Madrid have been taken aback after receiving these outrageous demands, and are unlikely to accede to the terms of the deal. Should this be the case, then Kaka will remain at Milan, having already declared earlier this week that he wants to stay put at his current club.

Kaka is in Brazil with the national team preparing for a World Cup Qualifier against Uruguay, and has not been given permission to leave the country to sign any deals.

He has also refused to make any comments about his situation, but the Spanish press are adamant that Kaka indeed wants Madrid, declaring to his friends, "Everything is almost done. I know that I will be going to Madrid. I am very happy."

The final decision concerning Kaka's future is expected to be revealed on Monday.
actually it's not far from the truth.. Kaka father belong to $$$ .. they /we have issues in their personal demands.. Milan signed the transfer .. we are sending someone to talk to Kaka .. and i expect Digao to be excess baggage as diegomessi pointed he is more then crap but Kaka take care of him .. possibly we will take him and loan him like Milan

What Man City should do is establish a core and a long-term plan. Another thing they need is a well-made youth academy just like Barça's.

Changing the topic, at LB, M. Torres > Marcelo and Drenthe IMO.

Instead of Xabi Alonso, how about Dani Parejo? You guys have to trust your youth players <_<
Parejo is not a Xabi type of player he is more Xavi type then Xabi type..De La Red is

I'd just like to point out for those saying Real can't catch up to us next year, that they don't necessarily need to. Recall that this season, going into the second clasico, they had the chance to reduce the lead to 2pts (correct me if i'm wrong). While we utterly dominated La Liga, Real "kinda sorta" dominated La Liga, and 3 pts is 3 pts.
Of course, we showed we were the better team, but imagine if we reach the same stage next year, and they have Kaka, Villa, ad some decent defenders? All of a sudden, it's a lot tighter.

I'm not being pessimistic, just sayin, football is a rare game where the best team doesn't always win :)
And we definitely shouldn't underestimate Real Madrid for next season.

P.S. This is why i'm actually fine with Valencia, Atletico, Villareal, etc. keeping all their players and improving. If La Liga is more competitive, theoretically this should mean that quality will shine through, rather than luck...
:2145960713mundoemot
good points made but IMO
Real are building a team for Europe more then the liga.. even with a weak squad and several injuries we managed to beat the crap out of everyone par Barca.. we are not buying for the liga as i said we are in search of the Decima..

Nándor

actually it's not far from the truth.. Kaka father belong to $$$ .. they /we have issues in their personal demands.. Milan signed the transfer .. we are sending someone to talk to Kaka .. and i expect Digao to be excess baggage as diegomessi pointed he is more then crap but Kaka take care of him .. possibly we will take him and loan him like Milan

that shit is true???!!! damn...maybe sign digao for castilla then or loan him to valencia in order to get their players :D

beast, what is your opinion on the defence, especially the LB position. i gave it some thought this morning and tried to sum up the linked players or players pellegrini had played with before.
btw...haven't thought about the GK issue after dudek will be gone

meanwhile, some update...

1) guillem balague obviously sees villa signed by next week.

Chelsea Have €43m Bid For Valencia's David Villa Turned Down - Report
Following the reported transfer scramble for AC Milan's Kaka, Real Madrid and Chelsea could face a second tug-of-war, this time over Spanish hotshot David Villa.
4 Jun 2009 15:14:06

Respected Spanish football journalist Guillem Balague has today declared that Chelsea have lodged an unsuccessful €43 million bid for Valencia's in-demand striker David Villa.

Much in the same vein as the speculation surrounding Kaka, Balague believes that this could spark a tug-of-war auction between the Blues and Real Madrid, both of whom covet a proven world class goal-scorer.

Balague recently confided to Sky Sports News, "There will be an offer for Villa [from Real Madrid] next week, which means that there will be another Chelsea versus Real Madrid fight because Chelsea have put an offer to Valencia of €43m, which Valencia have not accepted."

He continued by commenting that should the decision ultimately come down to Villa's personal preference, then he will likely choose Madrid. "The player wants to go to Real Madrid and it's only a matter of days [until he does]," Balague said.

Villa was Spain's top scorer at last summer's European Championship. His team-mate, David Silva, has also been linked with a move to the Premier League, albeit to Rafael Benitez's Liverpool.

-----------------------------------------------

2) apperently the rep of david silva is in madrid to start talks about a 20m € transfer to real.

3) real are said to have made a 23m € offer for xabi alonso, but benítez has now that he missed out on barry set a 40m € price tag on xabi.

JALJM

good points made but IMO
Real are building a team for Europe more then the liga.. even with a weak squad and several injuries we managed to beat the crap out of everyone par Barca.. we are not buying for the liga as i said we are in search of the Decima..

I see. Well, in that case, you can take heart from the (talent-wise) so-so Liverpool team of 2005...

Warik

If you get Silva and Kaka then I can't see you getting both CR7 and Ribery tbh. All this does is makes it clear it is one or the other not both. I still think it'll be CR, with Ribery either staying at Bayern or going to Barça or Ushited.

Nándor

If you get Silva and Kaka then I can't see you getting both CR7 and Ribery tbh. All this does is makes it clear it is one or the other not both. I still think it'll be CR, with Ribery either staying at Bayern or going to Barça or Ushited.

think so too :sad: damn...as much as i like silva, i highly rate ribéry and would hate to see him move to barca or manu. but the way bayern keep throwing money out the window (already up to like 5 new signings)...well, let's see

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
that shit is true???!!! damn...maybe sign digao for castilla then or loan him to valencia in order to get their players :D

beast, what is your opinion on the defence, especially the LB position. i gave it some thought this morning and tried to sum up the linked players or players pellegrini had played with before.
btw...haven't thought about the GK issue after dudek will be gone

meanwhile, some update...

1) guillem balague obviously sees villa signed by next week.

Chelsea Have €43m Bid For Valencia's David Villa Turned Down - Report
Following the reported transfer scramble for AC Milan's Kaka, Real Madrid and Chelsea could face a second tug-of-war, this time over Spanish hotshot David Villa.
4 Jun 2009 15:14:06

Respected Spanish football journalist Guillem Balague has today declared that Chelsea have lodged an unsuccessful €43 million bid for Valencia's in-demand striker David Villa.

Much in the same vein as the speculation surrounding Kaka, Balague believes that this could spark a tug-of-war auction between the Blues and Real Madrid, both of whom covet a proven world class goal-scorer.

Balague recently confided to Sky Sports News, "There will be an offer for Villa [from Real Madrid] next week, which means that there will be another Chelsea versus Real Madrid fight because Chelsea have put an offer to Valencia of €43m, which Valencia have not accepted."

He continued by commenting that should the decision ultimately come down to Villa's personal preference, then he will likely choose Madrid. "The player wants to go to Real Madrid and it's only a matter of days [until he does]," Balague said.

Villa was Spain's top scorer at last summer's European Championship. His team-mate, David Silva, has also been linked with a move to the Premier League, albeit to Rafael Benitez's Liverpool.

-----------------------------------------------

2) apperently the rep of david silva is in madrid to start talks about a 20m € transfer to real.

3) real are said to have made a 23m € offer for xabi alonso, but benítez has now that he missed out on barry set a 40m € price tag on xabi.
You stop reading goal.com, it only makes you more siked! :p

Beast

The Observer
I think part of the "Chelsea " out of Kaka deal is for us to decline bidding for Villa.. that's how Perez operate unless something has changed.. no matter how much he rubbed clubs he is fucking damn popular with every single president.. devil's charm

i think we might leave Villa to Chelsea.. unless David himself decline to move to the EPL as reported last year as Balague hinted (underline the word respected.. he is not he talks shit plenty of times )

regarding Silva it's true his representative is meeting Perez now to discuss the deal regarding valencia

as for the LB .. attack is the best form of defense.. keep Marcelo as an attack full back (like Carlos before , like Alves now ) defend with 2 CB and a RB especially that Ramos and Torres are solid defensively .. let the LB charge forward ..that's how i see it Nando

Nándor

You stop reading goal.com, it only makes you more siked! :p

i use goal.com because i'm too lazy to translate the spanish articles;) why bother to translate when goal.com does it for you :D or in the case above, when they just quote someone like balague or sid lowe the other day

I think part of the "Chelsea " out of Kaka deal is for us to decline bidding for Villa.. that's how Perez operate unless something has changed.. no matter how much he rubbed clubs he is fucking damn popular with every single president.. devil's charm

i think we might leave Villa to Chelsea.. unless David himself decline to move to the EPL as reported last year as Balague hinted (underline the word respected.. he is not he talks shit plenty of times )

regarding Silva it's true his representative is meeting Perez now to discuss the deal regarding valencia

as for the LB .. attack is the best form of defense.. keep Marcelo as an attack full back (like Carlos before , like Alves now ) defend with 2 CB and a RB especially that Ramos and Torres are solid defensively .. let the LB charge forward ..that's how i see it Nando

so you would go into the whole season with 3 wing backs total??? i agree on the tactics, or better said, that's how i like it myself, have them attacking. but i have doubts about entering into the season with only 3 wing backs (ramos, torres & marcelo). baring in minda also that pellegrini declaired there will be 2 players for each spot. or at least that's what he desires :D

Beast

The Observer
true i forgot to say OPARA from Castilla... he is the way to go .. or we can sneak under everyone nose and get Taiwo

Nándor

opare would make sense.

have you heard anything with regards to the third GK??? will there be one as no. 2 behind iker or will codina be no. 2 behind iker and the third GK will be adan from castilla???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans