Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
When the President´s advisor praises a player then it only means one thing :lol:

that my friend is exactly what your president must be feeling..
part of being strong is the sense of fear you give other teams.. on the pitch and off the pitch...
so many times during Real galactico era and Barca last season *and 2 seasons with Dinho * you win the game without even setting a foot on the pitch.. it's the fear factor

at the moment most clubs have this.. Perez create a fear in the transfer market.. the moment there is rumors we are interested in someone ,other clubs drop interest .. or wait till we drop interest ..

however i have my insider info in Inter Milan (As Raed know ;) ) and i can assure you we have no interest until last Thursday (i don't know if something happened in the last 24 hours ) and Moratti & Laporta are in advanced position regarding the transfer of Ibra to Barca

Nándor

however i have my insider info in Inter Milan (As Raed know ;) ) and i can assure you we have no interest until last Thursday (i don't know if something happened in the last 24 hours ) and Moratti & Laporta are in advanced position regarding the transfer of Ibra to Barca

that's basically why i'm sure any deal for david silva won't affect one for david villa. villa to madrid and ibra to barca.

only in case villa chooses barca, i can see real being seriously interested in ibra.

ans i'm still convinced it's gonna be CR & ribéry :blush: with silva as the supersub, kinda like what the 6th man to a basketball team is...he's so versatile.

Evil

Shabazz
Quick question, I don´t mean to sound stupid or anything, but why can´t other President´s like Calderon or whoever make such transfers, the last time I checked Real Madrid were in debt and Calderon couldn´t afford big money transfers last season, but with Perez you guys always seem to have a deep pocket, and are able to get any player easily ....

Beast

The Observer
Quick question, I don´t mean to sound stupid or anything, but why can´t other President´s like Calderon or whoever make such transfers, the last time I checked Real Madrid were in debt and Calderon couldn´t afford big money transfers last season, but with Perez you guys always seem to have a deep pocket, and are able to get any player easily ....

all clubs are in debt.. the difference is having a debt within the expected limits.. you have to remember that the debt and balance sheets are reviewed and must be approved by the members (like Barca case ) so it's not a problem and within the normal limits.. u put some part of your revenue for debt and the rest is profit.. Real profits in the last 2 years were about 80 Million a season (before tax )
Perez know how to milk big players.. he said before that what he paid for Zidane was recapped x3 just from Zidane name.. his motto is the most expensive player is the cheapest player and that was proven right
we have unused transfers funds from last summer + this year transfer kit (around 80 as usual ) +75 Mil loan secured by Calderon admin from Banco Santander (mainly for CR deal ) .. any bank would love to give Real loans.. it's a wealth organization with great fan base .. and Perez himself sit personally on 1.8 Billion and head the biggest construction company in spain and 2nd biggest in the world.. banks and clubs know Perez deliver and he deal with respect with other clubs (if u exclude Figo deal still he just paid the release clause )
the difference between Calderon and Perez is the personal ability.. Perez is a known business man with plenty of connections and huge wealth , he is friends with everyone and he bloody well know how to negotiate and lure players.. the same Kaka who is almost 95 % joining Real is the same one Calderon failed to even push Milan to sit on the table to talk about him

i can talk about how crap he was getting involved in players selection during the galactico era.. but business wise .. he is second to none ..

Nándor

yup...that's exactly it. especially the fact that pérez is on good terms with almost everyone around europs big clubs, while calderon, mijat & co basically pissed everyone around europe off. calderon would not even have signed CR, fábregas and kaka' if he had offered each club 200m € for the respective player!!! just like SAF said: "i wouldn't even sell a virus to that mobb"

and like beast said, he knows how to present deals. especially to the banks. pérez saud in an interview when asked about the money, that he'll go to the banks for it and present them his project. a project that should be highly lucrative within 3 years

Nándor

meanwhile some update from germany that can be filed under "how can real afford both CR & ribéry in one summer"

the latest "news"/rumors have it, that there could be a complete swap deal between bayern and real...ribéry to madrid, sneijder and robben to bayern.

Evil

Shabazz
all clubs are in debt.. the difference is having a debt within the expected limits.. you have to remember that the debt and balance sheets are reviewed and must be approved by the members (like Barca case ) so it's not a problem and within the normal limits.. u put some part of your revenue for debt and the rest is profit.. Real profits in the last 2 years were about 80 Million a season (before tax )
Perez know how to milk big players.. he said before that what he paid for Zidane was recapped x3 just from Zidane name.. his motto is the most expensive player is the cheapest player and that was proven right
we have unused transfers funds from last summer + this year transfer kit (around 80 as usual ) +75 Mil loan secured by Calderon admin from Banco Santander (mainly for CR deal ) .. any bank would love to give Real loans.. it's a wealth organization with great fan base .. and Perez himself sit personally on 1.8 Billion and head the biggest construction company in spain and 2nd biggest in the world.. banks and clubs know Perez deliver and he deal with respect with other clubs (if u exclude Figo deal still he just paid the release clause )
the difference between Calderon and Perez is the personal ability.. Perez is a known business man with plenty of connections and huge wealth , he is friends with everyone and he bloody well know how to negotiate and lure players.. the same Kaka who is almost 95 % joining Real is the same one Calderon failed to even push Milan to sit on the table to talk about him

i can talk about how crap he was getting involved in players selection during the galactico era.. but business wise .. he is second to none ..

Thanks man, all makes sense now. :beer2:

Beast

The Observer
meanwhile some update from germany that can be filed under "how can real afford both CR & ribéry in one summer"

the latest "news"/rumors have it, that there could be a complete swap deal between bayern and real...ribéry to madrid, sneijder and robben to bayern.

crazy and i don't approve sending 2 very good players for Ribery...VDV + Robben OR Sneijder.. not both Sneijder & Robben

Nándor

it is crazy..but then again, pérez IS crazy :D

on a more serious note...when've you got CR, ribéry and silva, wtf do you want with robben!!!???

Nándor

you need to find someone first that is as stupid as calderon and pays 36m € in order to level what real pay and 36m € + in order to profit financially from robben.

easier to profit from robben by getting a much much, very much better player than he is => ribéry

Nándor

EDIT:

oh...and the probably most important aspect of this, real would prevent barca getting ribéry!!!

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Ronaldo or Alonso matter less than Real image

G Balague

Florentino Pérez, restored to the presidency of Real Madrid, moves around the offices of the Bernabéu like a fish in water, even though he has been back in the job for less than a week.

He talks calmly to some of those he used to meet regularly during his previous era at the club, from 2000 to 2006. He jumps to another office to discuss the organisation of an imminent event (the presentation of Kaká, maybe?) Finally, he leaves all that behind to enter his office, where he will spend an hour chatting with me.

Away from secretaries and helpers, Pérez sits and relaxes, ready to combat the idea that Real are public enemy No 1 for trying to take Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United.

“From what I hear, there is an agreement between the player and his club,” Pérez says. He is talking about an £80 million buyout clause that was supposedly included by Ronaldo in his last contract with United. “If one day there is a chance of him playing for Real Madrid, that would be an honour for us. But if I had to choose between the friendship with Manchester United and the signing of Ronaldo, I would choose the friendship. Plus, I have never said that Cristiano will arrive in June. That is an arrogant and false statement.”

In time, though, Pérez feels more confident to talk about targets and the renaissance of the galáctico model at the club. “Cristiano is, of course, a player we are interested in, he is one of the best in the world,” Pérez says. What he does not add is that Real plan to spend €300 million (about £262 million) and will try to do in one summer what normally would take three years, by getting two superstars and assembling a star-studded squad.

“It is a model we have always used at Madrid, not only in the so-called galáctico era,” Perez says. “We have always had Di Stéfanos [the world`s top players], Amancios [the best Spanish players] and Raúls [quality players from the lower ranks]. And it makes sense financially — [Zinedine] Zidane was a cheap signing as his arrival allowed new commercial deals and new arrivals. It is a model that feeds itself. We don’t have rich people to put money into the club.”

Once the deal to bring Kaká from AC Milan has been finalised — and nobody in Madrid doubts it is done, despite the last-minute interest from Chelsea — Real will turn to their next targets. Pérez will study carefully the strategy to get Ronaldo “without making enemies” and next week Valencia will receive an offer for David Villa (Chelsea have already offered €45 million, although the player would prefer to go to Madrid).

There is still Franck Ribéry and Xabi Alonso to fight for, too, but Pérez hopes to win friends by the way he conducts transfer negotiations. “I shall be talking with [Sir Alex] Ferguson [the United manager] and David Gill [the chief executive] to build bridges,” he says. “If we sign Kaká from Milan, I can assure you that we will still have a very good relationship with [Adriano] Galliani [the vice-president].

“Of course, we want the best players to join us here — but only if their club wants to sell them. Ask Gill, David Dein [the former Arsenal vice-chairman], Roman Abramovich [the Chelsea owner] . . . I have an excellent relationship with them and it is essential to me that continues. I represent a club where elegance and gentlemanliness has been always our flag.

“Ronaldo or whoever will come if their club want to sell. To force through a situation is very bad for our image. If someone has acted in that way at some point, I offer my apologies and can assure you that it will not happen again.”

His own image has been tarnished from the moment he answered “Never, never, never” to the question: “Would you sign David Beckham?” But he offers an explanation: “When I said the words, ‘Never, never, never,’ neither I, nor anyone with me, even thought of, let alone had spoken to, Beckham or anyone to do with him. It was at the end of the season that we saw that Manchester United were entertaining the idea of selling him.”

So, if he was a betting man, would he say Ronaldo will never play for Real Madrid? “I am not a betting man, but whatever happens I will still leave friends in Manchester.”

---------------

MinaFCB

Zapatero said that Barca has an amazing team,and Real can become better if it brings some new players but not better than Barca,he believes that Barca will continue with its success,and that Real being stronger can mean only a more interesting Liga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans