Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

My opinion on madrid winning the league but not beat us is stating to change a bit, because they just seem incapable of getting one over on us, if they do manage to win the league, I don't think any fair minded madrid fan would say it is as sweet has it could have been.

but a league title is a league title.

El Gato

Villarato!
Well, put aside the whole clumsiness and massive fail attempts at taking control of the ball in the second half which comes with shitty mentality after Barca start piling on the pressure, it was not an all-terrible game from us.

The backline worked pretty damn well until the massive Pepe fuckup on the corner which caused Barca to get back in the game instantly and then pure panicking when marking became an issue. Altintop had a really good game, would never expect him to do so much better than any of the regular starters while having to deal with Andres, he actually managed to make him look like a fool once or twice too. One of the most solid players for RM on the pitch. Coentrao is an immense improvement over Marcelo, you can't overstate what this guy will be able to do for Madrid's defence and if need be, the offense if he gets enough time. He is still clumsy and struggles with the timings putting players onside, but he'll get there.

As for the midfield - inexistent. There was absolutely zero links between offense and defence with Xabi being outmarked and mostly unable to pass the ball through to a teammate who would carry out the counter. This game it usually was Benzema or Ronaldo who did remotely well initially, but then got shutdown when Barca took control over the midfield as Lass got subbed and Pepe continued his antics.

Ronaldo had probably his best game against Barcelona overall. Great first half with numerous successful tackles, some good linkup passing and the only good try for a goal by RM, except that Benzema header in the post. For the first time it felt like he was a genuine threat for quite some time in the match. And he helped to completely shut down Dani on the right side, which is wonderful. As for Benz, the guy is good in the final third, but when he has to make large distances with the ball at his feet doing the job which he can't really do since he lacks in agility vs fast defensive minded Barca players, he becomes pretty useless. Still had that header which means he is a quality forward, he just needs a bit of help. Same thing for Higuain. Di Maria is needed to get back some real balling in Barcelona's half of the pitch, because pressure would improve too.

Oh, and Mourinho fucked up with the subs, but I can understand what he tried to do. Nevertheless they didn't give us anything.

Well, a week from now, we might see a mirror image of the game, but maybe a bit brighter on RM side if some players will bring a set of balls with them onto the pitch.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, I thought Alintop actually did pretty well...of course, Iniesta isn't a winger either...But he did a great job of daring him to make his runs wide but the Don never did - so he was relatively easy to contain out there...Pedro or Villa or even Alexis would've helped out better on the wings...That lack of pace hurts the team when they are playing that tight back line

gingerless

Well, put aside the whole clumsiness and massive fail attempts at taking control of the ball in the second half which comes with shitty mentality after Barca start piling on the pressure, it was not an all-terrible game from us.

The backline worked pretty damn well until the massive Pepe fuckup on the corner which caused Barca to get back in the game instantly and then pure panicking when marking became an issue. Altintop had a really good game, would never expect him to do so much better than any of the regular starters while having to deal with Andres, he actually managed to make him look like a fool once or twice too. One of the most solid players for RM on the pitch. Coentrao is an immense improvement over Marcelo, you can't overstate what this guy will be able to do for Madrid's defence and if need be, the offense if he gets enough time. He is still clumsy and struggles with the timings putting players onside, but he'll get there.

As for the midfield - inexistent. There was absolutely zero links between offense and defence with Xabi being outmarked and mostly unable to pass the ball through to a teammate who would carry out the counter. This game it usually was Benzema or Ronaldo who did remotely well initially, but then got shutdown when Barca took control over the midfield as Lass got subbed and Pepe continued his antics.

Ronaldo had probably his best game against Barcelona overall. Great first half with numerous successful tackles, some good linkup passing and the only good try for a goal by RM, except that Benzema header in the post. For the first time it felt like he was a genuine threat for quite some time in the match. And he helped to completely shut down Dani on the right side, which is wonderful. As for Benz, the guy is good in the final third, but when he has to make large distances with the ball at his feet doing the job which he can't really do since he lacks in agility vs fast defensive minded Barca players, he becomes pretty useless. Still had that header which means he is a quality forward, he just needs a bit of help. Same thing for Higuain. Di Maria is needed to get back some real balling in Barcelona's half of the pitch, because pressure would improve too.

Oh, and Mourinho fucked up with the subs, but I can understand what he tried to do. Nevertheless they didn't give us anything.

Well, a week from now, we might see a mirror image of the game, but maybe a bit brighter on RM side if some players will bring a set of balls with them onto the pitch.

good to read madrid fan POV.

as for mourinho's subs, while watching the game what came to my mind was that he was just bringing them on to ease the criticism a bit i guess, i mean he brings on callejon and ozil... nothing came from that (nothing ever was going to come of it) i'm pretty sure that's the only reason

El Gato

Villarato!
1:1 so he tries to do anything to score something since it doesn't put us in a good position before the next match. It was a good try to attempt getting Callejon out there to feed off of his goalscoring form and very accurate shot, but it was never going to help unless we have the ball. Putting Ozil on was solely to make counter attacking easier by having an extra man distribute balls to Cristiano, Benzema and Callejon, but then again, he took off Lass making it harder to take the ball off of fired up Barca and Pepe had a yellow so he wasn't going to be of considerable worth in a tackling department. After that Barca just fed off the uneasiness of the DMs and Leo used a formation mistake to give you the lead.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Hey, do you guys know why Higuain didn't play? Did he get lost in the dressing room or something?
Thought the same about Benz too, but then he showed up and headed the ball into the post.

M

mitkoa7x

Hey, do you guys know why Higuain didn't play? Did he get lost in the dressing room or something?
Thought the same about Benz too, but then he showed up and headed the ball into the post.

He got subed at half time for Callejon or around 50" (i took a shit by that time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans