Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xaviniesta

No one would care about your matches either. You can have them, you can also go sleep next to Xavi with a smile on your face while we tour Europe as winners, and then tour the world to win the Club World Cup.

sounds good to me. football is more than winning trophys. barcelona will remain as one of the greats of our generation and not because they won everything, but it's how they did it.

inter won also everything with mourinho but will they be remembered as of on the greats of their generation? doubt it.

X

xaviniesta

You beat us, you gain 3 points us, not 6. You go ahead and lose next match while we win, we regain those 3 points. Simple math.

i didn't say barcelona gained 6 points, i said it's a 6 point game!!!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
sounds good to me. football is more than winning trophys. barcelona will remain as one of the greats of our generation and not because they won everything, but it's how they did it.

inter won also everything with mourinho but will they be remembered as of on the greats of their generation? doubt it.

The team you cheer today, built its reputation because they won titles before you were born, right? This is what put them on the map for you to cheer today. Trophies count, for today and for tomorrow. You don't build a glamorous team every generation, you try but you don't necessarily succeed. The fact that Barcelona succeeded this generation is a gift to football, but this is not what made Barcelona FC, it is what sets this generation apart of its other generations.

We win the league this year, it is a stepping stone to build a tremendous team but if we do not succeed it doesn't take away from putting in a good shift week in week out to accumulate the most points.

Manuel Traquete

if we'd lost to madrid we would be behind with 11 points not 5, so it's a 6 point game.

No, it's not. If we had lost to Madrid, but beaten Getafe, Sociedad, Sevilla, Espanyol and Bilbao, we'd be at the top. The three points against Madrid are not any more valuable than against other teams.

I dare say that if we win all our games till the end of the season except El Clásico, we'll win the league. That'd be 98/99 points in the end of the season. Now if we continue dropping points, we won't win even if we do win El Clásico.

I'd easily accept losing the Camp Nou Clásico if we won all the other remaining matches, because that'd almost guarantee the title.

Last edited:

Manuel Traquete

They will be remembered as the best team of the 2009/2010 season, as the treble confirms.

Barcelona's spot as the greatest team of this generation is secure. As the best team of this season, no way, there's a lot to do.

X

xaviniesta

They will be remembered as the best team of the 2009/2010 season, as the treble confirms.

but does somebody say, lets say. in 30 years that, wow man, remember that inter team back in 09/10 season when they won the treble. what a great team!

when i look back for the great teams in history, i don't look how many trophies they won, but what was their legacy to football in general. like brazil with their samba football, hollands total football, cruyffs dream team, or like france in 80's with their 'magic square' midfield which very much reminds me of todays barcelona (busi, xaviniesta and messi)

don't become such a fool like pele who thinks that today's players are all shite becuase they havent won 3 WC and havent scored 1000+ goals.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
yes, but barcelona or real madrid are not competing with getafes or malagas for the title right? so it's irrevelant.

No, I guess you completely misread the article that Irv posted. Classicos would be made irrelevant if you remain more than three points behind. LOL!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Diego Torres over at El Pais has penned an interesting article on some problems in the clubhouse between players & Mou's staff...Not sure how reliable it is but a specific incident regarding the Malaga tie of CDR was brought up and how Mou threatened to call players out to the press at halftime until Iker intervened apparently...Sounds like division already exists

X

xaviniesta

No, I guess you completely misread the article that Irv posted. Classicos would be made irrelevant if you remain more than three points behind. LOL!

take that as a compliment. real madrid lost possible -6 points there but still leading with 5 points.

Manuel Traquete

but does somebody say, lets say. in 30 years that, wow man, remember that inter team back in 09/10 season when they won the treble. what a great team!

when i look back for the great teams in history, i don't look how many trophies they won, but what was their legacy to football in general. like brazil with their samba football, hollands total football, cruyffs dream team, or like france in 80's with their 'magic square' midfield which very much reminds me of todays barcelona (busi, xaviniesta and messi)

don't become such a fool like pele who thinks that today's players are all shite becuase they havent won 3 WC and havent scored 1000+ goals.

Very few teams have won the treble, of course Inter will be remembered. They will probably even get special praise because they did it in the era of this amazing Barcelona side.

And who said anything about legacy anyway? This is nothing about legacy or all-time greatness. Winning the league this season makes you the best team in La Liga in 2011/2012. Just like every season.

I don't know why you're even talking about the greatest teams in history, that's not what is being discussed at all.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

Now you are changing your points, you are talking greatness, which is measured through sustained winning over the years. Winning Classicos or not would not make this Madrid great. Inter is not remembered as greats because they crashed in the CL the next year. If they had put in a better fight or at least won the league we would be talking greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans