Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
If the bookmakers say that than it must be true ...oh great Nostradamus

remind me what was the odds for la liga :wave:

speaking off odds, I wonder what the odds were that Pepe and Leo would get their 5th yellow card during the same weekend

#justsaying

dalitis8

Banned
If the bookmakers say that than it must be true ...oh great Nostradamus

remind me what was the odds for la liga :wave:

The odds certainly reflect a good element of truth. I have never said that they are the absolute truth.

The odds for La Liga were relatively more to your favor. Key word here, relatively

Despite Madrid triumphing there (even when in absolute terms it was Barca that were slight favorites, the CL odds did not change in favor of Madrid. That is extremely noteworthy.

Possibility theory (what bookmakers employ brilliant minds to apply) was invented to deal with uncertainty. Not to play Nostradamus.

You have to try harder.

:wave:

Beast

The Observer
Lol@ the odds were in Real favor :lol: for la liga

Yes you do have to try a lot harder to bring any form of human intelligence to the forum ,

dalitis8

Banned
Lol@ the odds were in Real favor :lol: for la liga

Yes you do have to try a lot harder to bring any form of human intelligence to the forum ,

Man. I am trying to help you here. I repeated and highlighted the world relatively

By which I meant, that in relation to the CL odds, the Liga odds were relatively more in favor of Madrid in the latter competition.

In plain words. It was considered more possible (and rightly so) that Madrid could outdo Barca in La Liga, than outdo Barca in Europe. Something which I have been saying for years now.

In absolute terms (read my previous post again) Barca were the favorites in both competitions, but in relative terms, Madrid were more favored to win in Spain than in Europe. Always vis a vis Barca.

You really need to look into the concepts of absolute and relative, before being able to have any meaningful discussion.

What is more important here though, is the following: despite the absolute odds being proven wrong in La Liga, the relative terms in the CL did not change, in fact to the degree that they have changed, it was to Barca's favor.

Let me know if you do not follow the concepts here.

dalitis8

Banned
In the next 10 years I can see Barca matching the 9 CL titles definitely.

That is one massive call right there.

Even if we win a few, it will be extremely difficult (read: impossible) for Madrid not to win any.

But as long as we have Messi, Cesc and Iniesta + the players we should be able to buy in the next few seasons, we can certainly equal and surpass Liverpool, and maybe even AC Milan. But not Madrid.

ammarfcb

ze special one
you do have to try a lot harder to bring any form of human intelligence to the forum ,

1308171852002.jpg

:lol:

oz187

Well, we got 3 in the last 6 years and Messi is better now than he was a couple of years ago. Another 3 in the next 6 years is not easy but definitely doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans