Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

Except in cricket they have the third umpire and the DRS system where each team have 3 opportunities per innings to question a decision. Plus more often than not the Umpire in cricket is usually right anyway.

This would be a very good idea..

And about the handballs..the rule isn't very clear and every ref does what he wants. In one end Messi is being given a yellow card for the same thing that Pepe does and escapes unpunished(but madridistas say it's unintentional and we have to let it slide). So we can blame the referees all we want(and most times with good motives), but Fifa and Uefa have to take some measures to make their job a little easier. It has been done in most sports, I don't see why it shouldn't be done in football also.

Unless those like Platini, Blatter and Villar know that the controversy sells and are happy with their hands being dirty.

Kinlejus

This would be a very good idea..

And about the handballs..the rule isn't very clear and every ref does what he wants. In one end Messi is being given a yellow card for the same thing that Pepe does and escapes unpunished(but madridistas say it's unintentional and we have to let it slide). So we can blame the referees all we want(and most times with good motives), but Fifa and Uefa have to take some measures to make their job a little easier. It has been done in most sports, I don't see why it shouldn't be done in football also.

Unless those like Platini, Blatter and Villar know that the controversy sells and are happy with their hands being dirty.

So basically you agree with ability to STOP the game and take a look at previous play? In my opinion, this would ruin football, I can barely stand watching any sport with delays, I love the flow of emotions and I would totally be disgusted if there was a rule invented you are discussing here. Basketball, tennis and whatnot have done so, but please, let this beautiful game be as it is.

Maria

So basically you agree with ability to STOP the game and take a look at previous play? In my opinion, this would ruin football, I can barely stand watching any sport with delays, I love the flow of emotions and I would totally be disgusted if there was a rule invented you are discussing here. Basketball, tennis and whatnot have done so, but please, let this beautiful game be as it is.

I would agree with the existence of an umpire who would intervine when it has to be made a call that would affect the result of a match(like Pepe's stamp on Messi for example or the goal that was wrongfully dissallowed in Mallorca-RM or Athletic Bilbao-Real Sociedad at the score 0f 1-0). I don't see progress as a bad thing in this case.

UberNjufer

Well cases shouldn't be given dependent on what happened before, you do not correct your previous wrong decision with another wrong decision. I am saying this is in general. I wouldn't feel compelled to level out my decisions just because I made a mistake.

The Ramos one was very cheeky, it was very clever from horseface to keep his arm close to his body which actually made sure the ball never went past him after it hit his thigh. It was Alonso that was the most major fuck up, he hand his arm way outstretched behind him (maybe to keep him balanced after his poor first touch) and then his arm prevents the ball from going out to a corner.
clever :shakeshead:it was a blatant fucking handball :bash:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
You don't understand... No body is asking for the game to be stopped continuously like each & every time there's a doubt . The game can only be stopped by a manager, and he's got only 2 chances to do that. like in tennis. That way you got the flow as well as fair game!!

There's no way a manager gonna use his precious few chances to battle a silly free kick decision(unless it's in really dangerous areas) or every other offside call.

Let's say there's a legitimate goal scored and it is ruled out as offside, how the fuck is it 'stopping' the beautiful flow of the game to question that decision!? The manager gonna use his option in such situations! Or say when a clear penalty is denied!!

Last edited:

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
if stopping the flow of the game is an issue, the manager can inform the 4th official of his intent. the 4th official reviews it and waits for the next stoppage in play (foul, ball out of play, whatever) and then informs the referee of the decision.

the play does not have to be interrupted until a decision is made. and if the decision upholds the original call, no stoppage required.

if the play is overturned, you simply resume play from the time and situation that originally was in question.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
if stopping the flow of the game is an issue, the manager can inform the 4th official of his intent. the 4th official reviews it and waits for the next stoppage in play (foul, ball out of play, whatever) and then informs the referee of the decision.

the play does not have to be interrupted until a decision is made. and if the decision upholds the original call, no stoppage required.

if the play is overturned, you simply resume play from the time and situation that originally was in question.
there's a flaw though... The players might be bruning their energy levels unnecessarily!!

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
there's a flaw though... The players might be bruning their energy levels unnecessarily!!

true. and if that is a bigger concern than stopping the game, then stop the match and have the review process determine the correct call. at the end of the day, getting the call correct should be the primary concern.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Answer the question Raed. Xaviniesta asked something. :p

What question? Last thing he/she said was be a man and admit to a penalty + red card...I never denied its a penalty so..I do not have to repeat myself. I said the more confusing decision was the Alonso one, its far more obvious for a referee to call it...

El Gato

Villarato!
if i was a referee, i'd say 10-20%, if i was the linesman, 100%. he just didn't have the balls to raise the flag.

and i have to say that again if the referee don't see the situation, its also his fault, just like when he sees it and don't give the call. its their job, to get the right angles, right spots to make call. they train that every day, they analyse those situations all the time after games, they have meetings etc. in this case the referee didnt see this, but the assistant sure saw but didn't make the call.

You do realise it's impossible for the referee to be in the right spot every single time? There is that much he can do to be in the right position to stop the play after an incident. Ball always travels faster than a human and one can not predict what you're supposed to be paying attention to when the ball is struck. Assistant sure saw this based on what? When it comes to things happening in the middle sectors of penalty area the main referee is closer to the incident than the linesman. Plus you never know whether a player won't block his view.

Referees don't have 15 angle replays. How do you expect them to catch that handball? Even Betis manager admitted ref shouldn't be blamed.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
two bad calls don't make a right?

Not at all.

Not justifying Ramos' handball at all, I am explaining what happens on the field.

To end this bullshit right here I would say that this year Madrid have been luckier than most. We have been at the receiving end of many dodgy calls throughout the campaign. Our lead my be flattering, or, perhaps, Barcelona's lag is unflattering. 10 points is a lot, especially at this stage of the season. But most years, the completely deserved winner always has a flattering lead for one reason or another, and it has always been evident that the number 1 spot in the country has its perks. Barcelona benefited as well. This is not a Spanish case, it happens in Serie A and EPL.

That is not to say that there were seasons where the leader was rightfully ahead by a deserved amount of points, because there were seasons like that. Some went down to the wire, like Valencia's win, and Sociedad's near triumph, and none was closer than Madrid's win over Barcelona's on h2h.

But Madrid's extensive point lead is primarily due to their repetitive winning and Barcelona's lack of initiative (or I should say, lack of will to finish of matches). Madrid have a large squad, where key players were injured someone else replaced them just as well enough to continue winning. Barcelona's injuries, rotation, change in tactics and slight over confidence has cost them dearly in the league. Some decisions perhaps might have eased our way to a 10 point lead, might have actually increased it from, say 6-7 to 10 points. That I cannot predict considering how the team's reactions are in different scenarios.

Now how much help has Madrid received this year in comparison to winners from previous year? That is up to everyone and their bias. It is futile to go into this stupid discussion, oh your team benefited more than we did, oh no, my team benefited less when they win than yours...of course there is also the stupid claim that Barcelona win titles with the referees against them every year which I will not get into :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans