Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

Florentino Pérez: "Madrid no se rinde jamás" / Florentino Pérez: "Madrid never gives up"

I hope that he is aware of the fact that RM is still leader, at 6 pts distance of Barca.

1263578132.jpg

And the journalists say that only Pep and Ro$ell can't stand each other...

Sandro Rosell: "Barca never gives up an opportunity to make money"

:lol:

dalitis8

Banned
The Cazorla goal was absolutely stunning and basically impossible to save.

But the goal they conceded last night was a cheap one. Both the wall and Casillas at fault there.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Sorry mate, what do you mean?

I'm saying Dubai was able to become a finance powerhouse because of the UAE's oil boom, and it's the countries wealth that kept the city from becoming completely liquidated when the Real Estate bubble burst. I'm not sure if Dubai can get away with it's excess in a country that isn't backed by oil money.

And it had to be bailed out by oil-rich Abu Dhabi.
Yup, this.

Beast

The Observer
Jesus too many ignorance here *Davidvilla *

No shit, but what do you think powers their bubbles.

Sandro Rosell: "Barca never gives up an opportunity to make money"

It was a plan to develop one emirate at the time , they started with Dubai who doesn't have and doesn't need oil anymore
Next step for them is Abu Dhabi and they started already by stuff like Yas Island,F1 circuit and Ferrari world , i think by next year they will have their new Airport (compared to the current tiny one )
however lately they pushed for global development to the rest of the emirates like Al Ain and Ras Khaymah
building cheap cost Airline companies was a brilliant plan as well so Dubai has Emirate airline and low cost Fly Dubai , Abu Dhabi has Etihad , Sharja has Air Arabia
and i'm telling you most people take those low cost carriers for their travels and also make those cities their hubs
that's why you see the RM theme park is there

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
That's good to hear and from what I know outside of Dubai the UAE has been a lot more pragmatic than a lot of petrostates in their excess, but no oil revenue is going to cost them a lot of investment and it's going to be an adjustment to be mere mortals again.

I'm also not entirely sure the whole country can turn itself into a Singapore style hub as an alternative.

Also, I hope Dubai burns.

Why would you want Dubai to burn?

And like Sunny said, Dubai doesn't depend on Oil, Abu Dhabi does.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I'm saying Dubai was able to become a finance powerhouse because of the UAE's oil boom, and it's the countries wealth that kept the city from becoming completely liquidated when the Real Estate bubble burst. I'm not sure if Dubai can get away with it's excess in a country that isn't backed by oil money.

Yup, this.

There was a lot of theft in Dubai, a lot of mismanagement and while I will not go way out of my way to defend a country that isn't mine, most of the people who lost their money were expats, the same ones who invested heavily in building the city. When they were broke, they couldn't just pick up the buildings and take it with them now, could they? Dubai now has built their city with foreign money.

Almost all construction has been haulted, many construction companies are suffering severely if not out of business but from when I was there it looked like things could get up and running again. Will never be the same, not that they need to because they already have everything they wanted now for them it is only to increase the local population and keep the country safe.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Jesus too many ignorance here *Davidvilla *

It was a plan to develop one emirate at the time , they started with Dubai who doesn't have and doesn't need oil anymore
Next step for them is Abu Dhabi and they started already by stuff like Yas Island,F1 circuit and Ferrari world , i think by next year they will have their new Airport (compared to the current tiny one )
however lately they pushed for global development to the rest of the emirates like Al Ain and Ras Khaymah
building cheap cost Airline companies was a brilliant plan as well so Dubai has Emirate airline and low cost Fly Dubai , Abu Dhabi has Etihad , Sharja has Air Arabia
and i'm telling you most people take those low cost carriers for their travels and also make those cities their hubs
hat's why you see the RM theme park is there

I think Dubai is also making a new airport, and the old one will become a freight airport but not totally sure. Abu Dhabi's airport is so shit, they changed it so many times but its so tiny and garbage they need a new one.

Yas Island is nice, I visited it when I was there but I think Reem Island will be one hell of a place to live. When I was in Dubai this winter, all hotels were full much to my surprise. I didn't expect it to be like that but things are up and running there. Just construction is pretty much dead for now.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Nearly right. They are building a new airport in Jebel Ali , which will be solely for freight. Initially it was going to to budget city, with cheap hotels for the scousers etc but they binned that with the global economic slump. They are building another runway for the other airport.

Kerrybai

Maybe the UAE can continue as a place for business once the oil runs out but tourism? What is there to do there? Do they have much histroy? Can you even get drunk! haha

Anyways back to Madrid as we are getting off topic. Mou seems to have lost the plot, why would he play 3 DM's against villareal? And why one earth did he send on Altintop over Kaka?

Madrid look tired. These last 2 games arn't a blip. They were not at their best against Betis or Rayo either. They need to get themselves back in gear quickly or else their season will implode and end up trophyless.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Nearly right. They are building a new airport in Jebel Ali , which will be solely for freight. Initially it was going to to budget city, with cheap hotels for the scousers etc but they binned that with the global economic slump. They are building another runway for the other airport.
Oh, ok. That is what it is then. I heard murmurs there but I didn't care for the details. All I know is that this winter when I went I thought it was going to be a ghost town like 2 years ago, and it wasn't.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Oh, ok. That is what it is then. I heard murmurs there but I didn't care for the details. All I know is that this winter when I went I thought it was going to be a ghost town like 2 years ago, and it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans