Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Got to love Perez financial aspect..

Simon Chandwick the Financial consultant from the Sport business firm Weber Chandwick
said Kaka could bring Madrid 75 Million Euro a year .. that's our money back in the bank next year :D

B

beautifulgame

You know how much I like Etoo Gio. I want him to stay. Also, yeah I know you rate Hunter.

beef-supreme

i rate E2 Beef..i think you are all underrating his skill & contribution ... u have no one like him

i just read a rumor u signed Forlan very good signing

Yes maybe his skill, I certainly don't underrate his contribution. It's the financial aspect though that is also important. We all know that he's not a Barca boy and it would hurt for him to leave us on a free.
If we really signed Forlán, then I believe that he would quickly wipe away any uncertainties about who to play CF if Eto'o left. He would be an adequate replacement - problem is his age obviously. But of late Forlán has performed better than Eto'o. Can't undervalue Eto'o's CL goal of course.

Personally Villa is still my no. 1 wish... I won't give up just yet. Forlán being number 2. Then Eto'o staying number 3. Ibrahimovic number 4.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
villa to real, if true, is a VERY good piece of business. good job.

where did you read the forlan rumour, beast? got a link? he's my first-choice to replace eto'o so if we have got him I'm a very happy camper.

Beast

The Observer
the problem is your people should have renewed E2 a year ago.. not leave it late like this.. cause under any circumstances no club will pay E2 actual value with one year left in his contract.. if Villa will come to Real for 40 more or less E2 deserve 50 at least .. not 20 and never what u offered for the Big Nose

Beast

The Observer
villa to real, if true, is a VERY good piece of business. good job.

where did you read the forlan rumour, beast? got a link? he's my first-choice to replace eto'o so if we have got him I'm a very happy camper.

Barca778 said it's on AS.. i didn't find anything of that sort though, except he is looking for a home in Barca

beef-supreme

the problem is your people should have renewed E2 a year ago.. not leave it late like this.. cause under any circumstances no club will pay E2 actual value with one year left in his contract.. if Villa will come to Real for 40 more or less E2 deserve 50 at least .. not 20 and never what u offered for the Big Nose

Yes that's true, but everything was uncertain at the club at the time, and it's not like Eto'o was doing himself any favours... Well he tends to make a habit of that actually. Let's just say he's overall not a consistent man. And that's why many culés doubt him.

maz

I walk the line
Eto'o would never have signed last season. He said if we dont win anything this season he will leave. Why would he commit himself to another 2 or 3 years? He knew that with just one year left on his contract in summer 2009 (i.e. now) that if we hadn't won anything we would have to sell him, or risk him leaving for free.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Eto'o would never have signed last season. He said if we dont win anything this season he will leave. Why would he commit himself to another 2 or 3 years? He knew that with just one year left on his contract in summer 2009 (i.e. now) that if we hadn't won anything we would have to sell him, or risk him leaving for free.

people often forget those remarks eto'o made last summer.

he's used this season to prove his critics wrong, a big "fuck you" to all them. and now he's done that he'll happily leave us now, or run his contract down and leave us, or maybe he'll manage to fleece an epic contract out of us and he can go on "working" and not really caring if things go horribly wrong because he's earning 160k a week.

beef-supreme

Yes, and

people often forget those remarks eto'o made last summer.

he's used this season to prove his critics wrong, a big "fuck you" to all them. and now he's done that he'll happily leave us now, or run his contract down and leave us, or maybe he'll manage to fleece an epic contract out of us and he can go on "working" and not really caring if things go horribly wrong because he's earning 160k a week.

yes...
As I said above, his attitude has been questionable on many occasions. And I don't mean his work ethic and his ability to help us out when needed. In my opinion, Eto'o's selfish intentions have been clear during the majority of his Barca career. Most of the time, these have come hand-in-hand with benefits for the club. Eto'o is selfish and wants to win the Pichichi = Barca scores many goals. Eto'o wants to prove his critics wrong and come back after missing a host of chances = Barca wins the CL. And there are numerous examples of that. A CF needs to be selfish.
Of course, the problem lies in the fact that sometimes it hasn't worked like that. Like last summer, like the Ronaldinho and Rijkaard issue, like the times when he would receive every pass from our players, just to try and win the Pichichi, and he'd miss 90% of his chances because of his own personal pressure (not that it counted since we were champions by then anyway, both this year and 2005-06). But it just shows that sometimes, Eto'o prioritised his own personal gains over the club, and I don't see that changing with the current contract situation.

What I've said there may seem awfully harsh on a Barca legend like Eto'o. But then again we can't be blinded by our love for his achievements. Nothing can undermine what he has done and I would never say he has not achieved. All I'm saying is that we must watch out because we can't let our love for him compromise the club's position.

maz

I walk the line
Its not harsh. And the thing is while i agree with you, i dont blame him for it. He was not born into the club. Yes he may have loved the club during his time here, but first and foremost he is centre forward samuel eto'o, and he must look out for his own interests. And for me, it seems he feels he wants to move on. I cant imagine a player as 'selfish' (in the sense that he is always looking to win things) as him not wanting to go to the epl and play in the FA cup, play for the epl title etc. He isnt getting any younger. Beast is right in a sense that eto'o has a few years left in him. But will those years be played to the max when he is at a club where he has won EVERYTHING? Thats why villa is important, and why i hope madrid dont sign him (to keep on topic).

Lemmi

The Reckoner
if you played either of those teams on the last page you would get murdered by any team with a half decent defence. No team can play the equivalent of 5-5; it is simply ridiculous, Ribery and Villa might like to put in a bit of a shift but Kaka, Higuain and Rondick do basically sweet fuck all without the ball. Especially if you also count Marcelo as a defender despite lacking any kind of ability to defend.

Beast

The Observer
if you played either of those teams on the last page you would get murdered by any team with a half decent defence. No team can play the equivalent of 5-5; it is simply ridiculous, Ribery and Villa might like to put in a bit of a shift but Kaka, Higuain and Rondick do basically sweet fuck all without the ball. Especially if you also count Marcelo as a defender despite lacking any kind of ability to defend.

neither did Zidane-Figo-Maca and behind them was Makelele Lemmi

it all depend on how you play your game.. cause from what you are saying any team must play with 2 CM/DM in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans