Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
BG you know how much i rate Huntelaar.. and i agree with all u said.. sadly Real are looking for speed upfront.. something Huntelaar miss ..

it's Higuain - Raul.. then Villa.. the 4th striker could be Negredo or Huntelaar..
considering Ruud & Saviola are out
the Dutch want to be a starter.. that's for sure especially in a WC year.. their manager talked about this issue and advised them to leave to get playing time..I'm afraid from the current picture only Sneijder is almost staying.. it's not fair for a player like Huntelaar to be sitting on the bench .. he deserve more ..

I am in fucking rage whenever I see Raul's name before others...

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
When will Raúl just go away and die?

hopefully never. he needs to be in the background like a nagging wife that just fucks up the entire household and leads everyone in to fits of rage and violence.

I'm fine with RMadrid getting Kaka and CR ... but not Villa. :(

Lemmi

The Reckoner
neither did Zidane-Figo-Maca and behind them was Makelele Lemmi

it all depend on how you play your game.. cause from what you are saying any team must play with 2 CM/DM in the middle

the most successful gaylactico side under del bosque worked because flavio, cambiasso, mcmanaman or even helguera played next to makelele. you simply couldnt put one DM (who's nowhere near as disciplined as tripod claude) in that team and not expect to get riced every time you lost the ball.

Warik

Madrid always played 4-1-3-2 when most successful in the Galactico Era...

-------------------- Cesar --------------------------

Salgado --- Hierro --- Helguera --- Roberto Carlos

------------------- Makelele ------------------------

Figo --------------- Zidane ------------------ Solari

-------------- Raul ------- Morientes ----------------

In CL Final 2002....

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Yes but Solari, Zidane, Raul and Figo were totally different to the players proposed in that formation a couple of pages back; this is the team I was referring to:

Iker
Slagdo-Helguera-Hierro-RC
Flavio/Esteban/Macca-Claude
Figo-Raul-Zidane
Ronaldo

F

FCB_Titi_LB

(Wikipedia)Barcelona enjoys a high rate of popularity; about 25.7% of Spanish population support the club,while according to a recent survey Barcelona is the most popular football club in Europe with around 44.2 million fans. With 156,366 socis (members) in June 2007, the Catalan club is also placed among the top football clubs in the world with the most registered members, and the number of penyes, the officially-registered supporter clubs, reached the number of 1,782 worldwide in June 2006.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Madrid always played 4-1-3-2 when most successful in the Galactico Era...

-------------------- Cesar --------------------------

Salgado --- Hierro --- Helguera --- Roberto Carlos

------------------- Makelele ------------------------

Figo --------------- Zidane ------------------ Solari

-------------- Raul ------- Morientes ----------------

In CL Final 2002....

yeah but solari was a real worker. and makelele was superhuman and salgado was defensive-orientated.

if you tried that now

-------------------- Iker --------------------------

Ramos -------- Pepe ------ Garay --------- Marcelo

-------------------- Lassie ------------------------

Higuain -------------- Kaka ------------------ Robben

-------------- Raul ---------- Villa ----------------

ramos isn't as defensively-minded as salgado. neither pepe or garay is a defensive leader to organise the back-line. marcelo can't defend (carlos wasn't great but he was better than marcelo).

while higuain may work more than figo (that's not hard) he'll waste his talent there. robben is a pansy. kaka is more forward-thinking than zidane who tended to come deep towards the ball. and then raul is raul but older and less mobile, and villa probably works harder than morientes.

plus crucially... maka was a superhuman. lassie is not. djila is though so that could be a wash.

and then there's also the fact that real often took one of those forwards out of the lineup to add guti/whoeever to the midfield.

maz

I walk the line
None of the players madrid have can hold a midfield (and full back positions) by themself. Not even xabi if they buy him.

Dont agree about kaká being more forward-minded than zidane though. Well perhaps i do agree with it, but kaká can play that role if needs be. There have been many times he has picked the ball up from defence and killed teams with it. Looking at champions league games i can name fenerbahce and liverpool as two cases.

Beast

The Observer
it was 4-1-3-2.. not much difference between Carlos & Marcelo.. Hierro was superior but upfront not much difference

(Wikipedia)Barcelona enjoys a high rate of popularity; about 25.7% of Spanish population support the club,while according to a recent survey Barcelona is the most popular football club in Europe with around 44.2 million fans. With 156,366 socis (members) in June 2007, the Catalan club is also placed among the top football clubs in the world with the most registered members, and the number of penyes, the officially-registered supporter clubs, reached the number of 1,782 worldwide in June 2006.

I understand your frustration and desperation .. but the point of your post in this thread is ?

here enjoy from the same source you posted

In September 2007, Real Madrid was considered the most valuable football brand in Europe by BBDO,[68] and is ranked as the second most valuable club in football with a value of €951 mil (£640 million / $1.285 billion) as of May 2008, only beaten by Manchester United with a value of 1.8 billion euros (£906 million)[69][69]

A study at Harvard University reached the conclusion that Real Madrid "is one of the 20 most important brand names and the only one in which its executives, the players, are well-known. We have some spectacular figures in regard to worldwide support of the club. There are an estimated 246 million people worldwide who follow Real Madrid only beaten by Manchester United with a estimated worldwide fan base of 333 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans