Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warik

yeah but solari was a real worker. and makelele was superhuman and salgado was defensive-orientated.

if you tried that now

-------------------- Iker --------------------------

Ramos -------- Pepe ------ Garay --------- Marcelo

-------------------- Lassie ------------------------

Higuain -------------- Kaka ------------------ Robben

-------------- Raul ---------- Villa ----------------

ramos isn't as defensively-minded as salgado. neither pepe or garay is a defensive leader to organise the back-line. marcelo can't defend (carlos wasn't great but he was better than marcelo).

while higuain may work more than figo (that's not hard) he'll waste his talent there. robben is a pansy. kaka is more forward-thinking than zidane who tended to come deep towards the ball. and then raul is raul but older and less mobile, and villa probably works harder than morientes.

plus crucially... maka was a superhuman. lassie is not. djila is though so that could be a wash.

and then there's also the fact that real often took one of those forwards out of the lineup to add guti/whoeever to the midfield.

It won't be Raul though by all accounts (transfers etc) it'll probably be...

-------------------- Iker --------------------------

Ramos ------- Pepe ------Albiol --------- Marcelo

--------------------- Lass --------------------------

Ronaldo ------------ Kaka ------------------- Silva

------------ Higuain -------- Villa ----------------

Ronaldo doesn't work hard, Silva works harder than Robben...Salgado was probably more offensive than most people remember, he constantly went forward, so much so when he lost his pace in last 3 or so years he was always caught out at the back more because he went forward and couldn't get back than anything else. Marcelo is the weak link there tbh, especially when you consider if all goes to plan for Real the classico's will be a decider, and he'll have to mark Messi...

Anyway, Titi trying to wind people up I think. Stupid post...

Last edited:
E

Esteve

Oh! He posted it in the Real Madrid thread. I'm tired, got up at 9 ( :ohmy: ) this morning...

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Just having enormeous fun :wave:
The original quote source was even crappier:) goal.com :)
Btw there you said it...biggest brand :) vs most popular. You are a money machine,we are a football team with real football spirit and values.
Quite hatefull to see people talk how to build a WHOLE new team from new bought players who have no link with Spain or madrid whatsoever. They come and go.
Reason? barca filosophy <-> madrid filosophy.
Go play with your monopoly money elsewhere.
Madrid is in the same club as Man city: buying a whole team ...and realising that every player of it sucks hard ...throwing some more cash and try it all over again so like a gamble and without any football knowledge whatsoever.Their solution? raising their chances of succes by buying every good player that has already proven himself. Legends on the way back.
Damn i love barca :). Our filosophy is pure. I bet 80% of your fan base is just attracted by the money and the fancy players.
A sad example to the world. Try buying some Africans some homes with those millions.

To put in the the big lebowski's style: thats like euh...your...opinion man

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Just having enormeous fun :wave:
The original quote source was even crappier:) goal.com :)
Btw there you said it...biggest brand :) vs most popular. You are a money machine,we are a football team with real football spirit and values.
Quite hatefull to see people talk how to build a WHOLE new team from new bought players who have no link with Spain or madrid whatsoever. They come and go.
Reason? barca filosophy <-> madrid filosophy.
Go play with your monopoly money elsewhere.
Madrid is in the same club as Man city: buying a whole team ...and realising that every player of it sucks hard ...throwing some more cash and try it all over again so like a gamble and without any football knowledge whatsoever.Their solution? raising their chances of succes by buying every good player that has already proven himself. Legends on the way back.
Damn i love barca :). Our filosophy is pure. I bet 80% of your fan base is just attracted by the money and the fancy players.
A sad example to the world. Try buying some Africans some homes with those millions.

To put in the the big lebowski's style: thats like euh...your...opinion man

funny i don't which part in my reply did you miss ?
i guess the part where it says Real Madrid has the biggest number of fans after Man U with 246 Million fan world wide... i guess you are indeed the most popular the numbers are just hidden
as for buying i'll refer to another post i made to a similar Cule with your same set of knowledge regarding your club history

Real Madrid (And BARCA ) don't have the luxury of time.. they can't afford it and don't have the fans to allow it ...

when Laporta took over his job was to clear the debts and replace the entire squad..

this is your squad season 03/04

Roberto Bonano, 1 Rustu 28 Albert Jorquera, Robert Enke, 25 Victor Valdes

Defenders
16 Pedro Alavarez Mario, 4 Rafael Marquez, 2 Michael Reiziger, 5 Carles Puyol, 27 Oscar Lopez, 3 Patrick Andersson, 32 Presas Oleguer

Midfielders
Edgar Davids, Sergio Santamaria, Sanz Luis Garcia, 24 Andres Iniesta, 14 Lopez Gerard, 8 Philip Cocu, 6 Hernandez Creus Xavi, 36 David Sanchez, 23 Thiago Motta, 20 Ricardo Andrade Quaresma Bernardo, 12 Giovanni Van Bronckhorst(from 08/26/2003), 33 Dani Tortolero, 26 Ramon Ros, 35 Fernando Navarro, 21 Martinez Luis Enrique

Forwards
36 Sergio Garcia, Garcia Dani, 18 Garcia Gabri, 7 Javier Saviola, 10 De Assis Moreira Ronaldinho, 9 Patrick Kluivert, 11 Marc Overmars

Now this is your squad season 05/06

2005 - 06 Squad
Goalkeepers

1. VALDÉS
25. JORQUERA
28. RUBEN

Defence

2. BELLETTI
4. MÁRQUEZ
5. PUYOL
12. GIO
15. EDMÍLSON
23. OLEGUER

Midfielders

3. MOTTA
6. XAVI
10. RONALDINHO
18. GABRI
20. DECO
17. VAN BOMMEL
24. INIESTA

Forwards

7. LARSSON
8. GIULY
9. ETO'O
11. MAXI
14. EZQUERRO
30. MESSI

now do the math ...

Clubs make big changes when needed , while i applaud giving the chance to the cantera .. and that's something of a weakness in Real in the last couple of years.. more then 70 % of your Cl winning squad was non - youth.. just because Barca is enjoying a current golden generation of their youngsters doesn't mean if they weren't in the required quality you would keep them

you were saying steve something about comeback ? ;)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
you're all deluded if you think raul will take a back seat in this project. he'll be a starter for sure.

ronaldo won't come either. neither will ribery. neither club wants to sell and perez is mindful of his reputation this time, so he isn't gonna make the the players force their clubs to sell as he did before.

Beast

The Observer
you're all deluded if you think raul will take a back seat in this project. he'll be a starter for sure.

ronaldo won't come either. neither will ribery. neither club wants to sell and perez is mindful of his reputation this time, so he isn't gonna make the the players force their clubs to sell as he did before.

i can take this bet Meta (Raul one ) .. he won't be a regular starter
it's more complicated with Ribery then CR... but i can take a bet on that one of them will come to Real during this season...
i know you don't bet for religious reasons so let's make it a fun bet Meta

E

Esteve

Madrid won't get Ronaldo and Ribéry. Don't need to. We'll take Ribéry if that's okay with you Beast. Any news on Villa, by the way?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
i can take this bet Meta (Raul one ) .. he won't be a regular starter
it's more complicated with Ribery then CR... but i can take a bet on that one of them will come to Real during this season...
i know you don't bet for religious reasons so let's make it a fun bet Meta

well there's two wagers in there, so let's break it down.

RAUL
if at the halfway point of the season (i.e. xmas break) raul has started half or more than half of real madrid's games where he was fit to play, you have to put a good picture of oleguer in your sig (and it has to be one where he has a beard).

if he has started less than half of real madrid's games where he was fit to play, then I have to put a good picture of raul in my sig. for how long? I don't know, pick a duration.

sound fair?

I've got no idea what to do about the other one. I'm not as sure of it as I am regarding raul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans