Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Madrid won't get Ronaldo and Ribéry. Don't need to. We'll take Ribéry if that's okay with you Beast. Any news on Villa, by the way?

i was telling CA this morning (in liga pundits thread ) i don't see Xabi or the 3 wingers arriving .. more likely 2 wingers (2 of CR,Ribery,Silva ) and Villa ...

no news on Villa , Balague said it will be announced shortly as Villa want to play in Madrid so i guess by Thursday or something .. Valdano called for the fans to give him time to work

Beast

The Observer
well there's two wagers in there, so let's break it down.

RAUL
if at the halfway point of the season (i.e. xmas break) raul has started half or more than half of real madrid's games where he was fit to play, you have to put a good picture of oleguer in your sig (and it has to be one where he has a beard).

if he has started less than half of real madrid's games where he was fit to play, then I have to put a good picture of raul in my sig. for how long? I don't know, pick a duration.

sound fair?

I've got no idea what to do about the other one. I'm not as sure of it as I am regarding raul.

your on Meta.. i'll put the Ogg with a beard for a month and if you lose you will put Guti (i know you love/respect Raul :p ) pic for a month :lol::lol:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
GUTI

AHHHH MY SOUL!

I don't love raul but I do have great respect for him because apart from being a bit of a nationalist twat, he's a straight-up professional who loves his club and that's always admirable. he's also a great sportsman and doesn't hold any grudge against barca (like scum tamudo)

but GUTI

ARGH

still yeah why the hell not. it'll be worth it to see you with the catalan superhero in your sig. :D

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Some of these formations make me drop my jaw in disbelief and to be honest, I am not exactly completely ecstatic about all those names joining. I am nervous more so than anything else really.

We were not that incredibly bad, we did lose 3 major starters and depending on technically weak players for the majority of the season. But we showed that this shirt shines through the darkest of moments; whatever we lack in skill we will make most of it up in dedication.

I don't see what the problem is with:

Casillas
Ramos Pepe Garay Torres
M Diarra
Ribery Kaka Marcelo
Higgie Villa

Marcelo is a waste of space at the back, Torres might not be the most physical player but he is very smart in his running, and with Marcelo's fighting spirit, they could lock that left side (unless we get Silva who I can put Marcelo in the back and keep the formation balanced.) While Ramos is great offensively he is not a Roberto Carlos and Ribery is a live wire, making the right side balanced. Kaka picks up the ball from deep, his way of defending is by running at defenses as opposed to Zidane who locks it between his feet forever, and does take more shots than Zizou not to mention he does score more often.

Both Higgie and Villa are fighters, if instructed to defend, they will.

Everything is down to micro-tactics these days, freedom in creativity is constrained these days, it will eventually come through in the most desperate moments but in the long run of the season, Pellegrini will need to instruct his players of specific roles and set up his lines properly. Without any quality no the field, we won 17 out of 18 by doing so.

E

Esteve

I <3 Oleguer. 17 clean sheets in a row with Ajax in FIFA09 says it all, to be honest. Him + Vermaelen = great partnership.

E

Esteve

and Silva.

Poll on the website: Want Robinho at Barça?

58% - No

42% - Si

Last edited:
E

Esteve

I'm laughing now but I won't be if it's true. Not slagging him off, just not what we need. At all.

B

blueduck

I'm laughing now but I won't be if it's true. Not slagging him off, just not what we need. At all.

Robinho has said he's staying here next season. Our chairman has categorically said Robinho's staying here next season.

Are Sport a Barca paper? If so they are probably trying to have a dig at Madrid because they are shitting themsleves about all their signings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans