Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Esteve

Well, if you believe what you read, we offered €5mil. Problem is they're looking for a figure like €15mil. So, reports suggest we'll get him for €10mil + a youth team player in the current squad like Pedro or Jeffren.

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
Its not harsh. And the thing is while i agree with you, i dont blame him for it. He was not born into the club. Yes he may have loved the club during his time here, but first and foremost he is centre forward samuel eto'o, and he must look out for his own interests. And for me, it seems he feels he wants to move on. I cant imagine a player as 'selfish' (in the sense that he is always looking to win things) as him not wanting to go to the epl and play in the FA cup, play for the epl title etc. He isnt getting any younger. Beast is right in a sense that eto'o has a few years left in him. But will those years be played to the max when he is at a club where he has won EVERYTHING? Thats why villa is important, and why i hope madrid dont sign him (to keep on topic).

Mmh, not quite..
There are SIX trophys to win next season, and some of them ELUDED Eto'o in his life & career.. I see quite a challenge there, don't you..?.. ;)

MJ BarcaFan

here enjoy from the same source you posted

In September 2007, Real Madrid was considered the most valuable football brand in Europe by BBDO,[68] and is ranked as the second most valuable club in football with a value of €951 mil (£640 million / $1.285 billion) as of May 2008, only beaten by Manchester United with a value of 1.8 billion euros (£906 million)[69][69]

A study at Harvard University reached the conclusion that Real Madrid "is one of the 20 most important brand names and the only one in which its executives, the players, are well-known. We have some spectacular figures in regard to worldwide support of the club. There are an estimated 246 million people worldwide who follow Real Madrid only beaten by Manchester United with a estimated worldwide fan base of 333 million

How about this (more recent)...from IFFHS (International Federation of Football History & Statistics) :

All -Time Club World Ranking
from 1 Jan 1991 to 31 Dec 2008

1. Barca - 757 pts
2. Man U - 678 pts
3. Juve - 621 pts
4. Milan - 611 pts
5. R. Madrid - 605 pts

Club World Ranking
from 1 June 2008 to 31 May 2009

Barca & Man U joint 1st place with 315 pts apiece

Madrid along with Wolfsburg & Defensor Sporting shared 39th place with 162 pts each

:2145960713mundoemot

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
for sake of good argument, never post anything from IFFHS. it is probably the most retarded rating system ever made.

real madrid has a more successful history than barcelona, it has more fan fare than barcelona and also, it is the lovechild of adidas... we have to accept the fact that if real madrid werent all this, then we wouldnt have considered them a rival... you have to understand that dream team and gaspart's team werent marketed as well as real madrid or man utd. we trailed much much behind in terms of worldwide attention. it is only till laporta that barcelona became a brand before that we were just simply a voice of catalunya on the world circuit that not many could have related with. barcelona has been an underdog because of these disadvantages but our recent history highlights the fact that we are an emerging giant in football market with only madrid and man utd in front of us.

Beast

The Observer
LMAO @ the IFFHS..

thanks MJ ..that was a good laugh.. hahaha

back to Real Madrid news.. We failed to lower the amount agreed on with Man U under Calderon ... so we will have to pay 89 Million Euro for Cristiano Ronaldo.. as per the mutual agreement the deal must be concluded before the 30th of June

damn

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
i was telling CA this morning (in liga pundits thread ) i don't see Xabi or the 3 wingers arriving .. more likely 2 wingers (2 of CR,Ribery,Silva ) and Villa ...

no news on Villa , Balague said it will be announced shortly as Villa want to play in Madrid so i guess by Thursday or something .. Valdano called for the fans to give him time to work

That's the kiss of death then if Balagay says it will happen soon.

MJ BarcaFan

LMAO @ the IFFHS..

thanks MJ ..that was a good laugh.. hahaha

damn

Face it, your club is no longer great as it once was... even Milan is more successful than Real Madrid in terms of trophies won overall.

So dream on!!!!!!!!!

Barca is the team of the future for sure...

:flagvl8:

Last edited:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
That's the kiss of death then if Balagay says it will happen soon.

There should be a ban on quoting Balagay on this forum. Madrid are going to implode with all the ego's they are buying. Can you imagine Pellegrini trying to sort out a super strop from CR, Robben, Raul, Villa and Kaka?

Perez will be telling him who has to play every match, funny how nobody has mentioned Perez's habit of interferring with the team selections.

This could all go horribly wrong for Madrid, and they won't have any money to buy themselves out of trouble next time round. Administration could become a Real possibility at the Bernabeu.

Retail therapy gone mad. :party00231:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Pepe, Marcelo, Kaka, CR - too many Brazilian/Portuguese egos is what brought down our 2006 team and the last galactico era; anybody else remember Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo et al doing "the cockroach" and "kangaroo" celebrations? Cringe worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans