Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warik

Pay for CR tbh. You need a winger, Ribery isn't going to happen and as much as I like Silva I don't really see him as an out and out winger tbh. Plus his marketting money alone would more than makeup the transfer fee in a year, surely?

Beast

The Observer
that's it warik.. we have no chance.. Perez tried to call David Gill and renegotiate the terms
Man U answer was short.. pay 89 Mil or pay the 30..
yes we will get the money back but i think it will affect other transfer targets.. i think we will end up with less then expected transfers .. which in general is good i don't see an entire new team capable of gelling in time

E

Esteve

Well, it looks like you have to buy Ronaldo now. It's just funny how you're in such a shit position. €89mil is just outrageous.

Beast

The Observer
couldn't believe Calderon last decision would be his utter worst.. i know we will re-cap the money very easy.. but it will affect our total renovation this summer no doubt

Beast

The Observer
I don't get the 30ME thing? Someone explain it to me, please

when Calderon agree the pre-contract he thought putting 30 Million as a penalty will force Man U to avoid canceling the deal..(a leaf from Perez book and what he did with Figo )

of course Calderon didn't anticipate that he will be out of the presidency and Perez would find the price outrageous ..
so the situation now is the following

Real either come up with 89 mil before 30th of june and take CR or pay 30 Million Euro penalty if they want to cancel it..
if man U want to keep Ronaldo they also need to come up with 30 Million

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
i still don't see why the 30 mil penalty is bad?

i would say; brilliant by Calderon! he wanted that player and manchester wouldn't sell. not even a cold. but somehow the guy ends up earning 30 mil if Manchester is not willling to sell this summer!!!

ok, 90 mil is a bit too much but if you want something (and the other has no reason to hand it to you) you have to pay.

Beast

The Observer
rumor has it that CR insisted on it when SAF met him and forced him to stay @ for a season to save his face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans