Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Where does the news come from? Mediapro won't renegotiate, they have you tied in for years and won't want to spend any more.

Just found the article in SPORT regarding Florentino not being happy with the mediapro deal, but it doesn't mention Adidas.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Boo-woopty-hoo. It's only money, and you can't take it with you.

I'll save beast the routine and remind you all of the money (regardless to success) Perez will recuperate from marketing. Regardless to success I hear you say? Yes, regardless to success. The 'fans' tend not to stick around long enough to worry about what we win. Add to that, most Asians don't care, they just like pretty westerners names on their backs.
:beer2:

chill tu eres galactico II, i don't fancy the laporta approach at all

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
ramos is a fag?

I mean, I know he's good-looking but he always struck me as something of a barbarian.

but really in guti they have enough femininity for all of la liga. adding CR to that could well make the universe implode.

nike must be so fucked off with ronaldo right now.

their biggest marketable players were ronaldinho and ronaldo, who have both moved from nike teams to adidas teams, lol. rooney I think is their biggest player playing for a nike team now.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
what? ramos a fag? for real? damn, didn't see that one coming.

Ok, i did.

i saw during the game on the confed cup that he has cut his hair. totally awesome and ronaldo approved

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
sergio ramos girl is miss spain actually he is lucky bastard

what do titi henry and miss spain have in common? they both did sergio ramos this season

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Puyol is one of footballs ugliest guys man, up in the top 10 probably. I don't think anyone can beat Ribery though.

Nándor

interesting interview valdano had with MARCA

---------------------------------------------

Jorge Valdano: Real Madrid Cannot Match Barcelona’s Bid For David Villa
The ‘Casa Blanca’ director has given an overview of the remainder of the club’s transfer plans, including the chances of securing 'El Guaje' and others...
16 Jun 2009 01:51:26

Real Madrid rarely concede defeat, especially to their ferocious foes Barcelona, but the club’s director-general, Jorge Valdano, has admitted that they can’t compete with the Catalans to sign David Villa from Valencia.

The Blaugrana are reportedly set to make an official €50 million offer, €40m in cash plus Martin Caceres and Bojan Krkic (on loan), a proposal that easily outmatches Los Blancos’ €25 million plus Alvaro Negredo bid.

And Valdano, a former Valencia coach, has advised his old club to take up the deal.

“If Barca are prepared to offer €50 million, including Bojan and Caceres, for Villa, I would sell if I were Valencia, because we would not be able to arrive at that figure nor are we going to push it,” he said in an interview with Onda Cero and Radio Marca.

“We have been negotiating over the past week, but there were disagreements. It was mainly about money, but later on, there was also the issue of a including a player in the deal and that was causing an inflation.

“Everything seemed to be well on track but in the end, it all went astray.”

Two other players who have been strongly linked with a move to the Bernabeu as a fall-back plan for Villa, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Diego Forlan, also look unlikely to pull on the famous white jersey next season, as Valdano dismissed rumours that he is tracking them.

He confessed, “We have two or three different alternatives, but they are not either one of those two players.

Midfield

Things are not looking any brighter for Valdano and Madrid on the Xabi Alonso and Franck Ribery front, as the director admitted to complications in pulling off either deal.

“[Zinedine] Zidane speaks wonders of Ribery, and there was an interest at some point,” he revealed. “But that’s a difficult issue now because they [Bayern Munich] are setting astronomical figures as they have no intentions of selling him.

“As for Xabi, his club, Liverpool, have already released an official notice and it would be very difficult to see him move to Real Madrid. We made an effort to sign him a few years ago. We spoke to Real Sociedad but when I left, the interest faded away.

“And as for David Silva… I don’t know what to do with Valencia. I have read that he is intransferable.”

Defence

The main worry now for most Madrid fans is that the club have yet to make any strides to strengthen one of their weak points last season: the back line. But Valdano assured that they are very much working on it.

He said, “We are worried about some positions, but we still have two and a half months to analyse what we need and what we already have. The coach [Manuel Pellegrini] also has a say in things.

“[Ezequiel] Garay has already been signed. He will join us for the pre-season and Pellegrini will decide whether or not he stays. He is definitely an interesting player."

Finally, Valdano justified the club’s mammoth €94m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo - which followed the €68m signing of Kaka - before he went on to hit back at Barca chief Joan Laporta.

“These signings are agreed upon because the strategy of the club takes us to them,” he remarked.

“There’s no need to ask Pellegrini, ‘What do you think of Cristiano? Does he adapt to your style?’ It goes without saying. Florentino makes the coach happy with these signings.

“All this talk from Barca about imperialism and distorting the market is just in bad taste. These are really good players and I can’t be bothered talking about the economic side of things, other than to say that it will produce an incredible effect.

“The Italian and English football market seemed impoverished, so these signings are going to be suitable for all the leagues.”

---------------------------------------------

i like that according to valdano forlan is not an option!!! like i said before, imo he would only add speed with regards to the hunter & ruud. nothing more, not worth 36m €. with ibra also being ruled out by valdano, i wonder who those two or three alternatives to david villa are.

and you can also say, that it's confirmed garay will join the squad during pre season, but his future is in pellegrinis hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans