Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nándor

given up??? on what/who??? villa...don't think so, neither does valdano say so. there have been farious reports that madrid are monitoring alternatives for most, if not all, their targets. first time that issue came up was with regards to david silva.

IMO, i think real are hoping for david villa to go public, stating his desire to join real madrid. or at least, tell that to valencia.
on the other hand i read rumors suggesting real offer 25m € + negredo, while valencia want 35m € + negredo, BUT are willed to sell david villa to real for 30m € + negredo.
if that was true, i'd say make the deal without thinking twice. 5m € (instead of 10m €) is not that much of a diffrence to real or at least it should not be. neither should that be the reason as to why real could lose out on david villa.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Well it's started already hasn't it. "It goes without saying. Florentino makes the coach happy with these signings". Obviously the coach doesn't have a lot of choice in the matter, just like he doesn't have any choice regarding who he picks in the starting XI. Come rain, shine or bad form the shirt sellers will have to play.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Of course, it'd look mighty stupid if the 2 guys they spent a combined total of 160m on don't play week in week out. :lol: That's the big problem with big money signings, if they do bad they still have to play. Well as the saying goes, you dig your own grave, you lay in it.

20m + Sneijder for Maicon is being reported. :lol: Ridiculous.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
The whole "we want more Spanish players" from Perez really was a complete fabrication wasn't it? They've put up a pretense of fighting for Villa but now look to be backing out and as far as I know they have no more Spanish targets (Xabi seems to be a non-starter) whilst they're willing to use the cantera products as make weights.

Beast

The Observer
interesting interview valdano had with MARCA

---------------------------------------------

Jorge Valdano: Real Madrid Cannot Match Barcelona’s Bid For David Villa
The ‘Casa Blanca’ director has given an overview of the remainder of the club’s transfer plans, including the chances of securing 'El Guaje' and others...
16 Jun 2009 01:51:26

Real Madrid rarely concede defeat, especially to their ferocious foes Barcelona, but the club’s director-general, Jorge Valdano, has admitted that they can’t compete with the Catalans to sign David Villa from Valencia.

The Blaugrana are reportedly set to make an official €50 million offer, €40m in cash plus Martin Caceres and Bojan Krkic (on loan), a proposal that easily outmatches Los Blancos’ €25 million plus Alvaro Negredo bid.

And Valdano, a former Valencia coach, has advised his old club to take up the deal.

“If Barca are prepared to offer €50 million, including Bojan and Caceres, for Villa, I would sell if I were Valencia, because we would not be able to arrive at that figure nor are we going to push it,” he said in an interview with Onda Cero and Radio Marca.

“We have been negotiating over the past week, but there were disagreements. It was mainly about money, but later on, there was also the issue of a including a player in the deal and that was causing an inflation.

“Everything seemed to be well on track but in the end, it all went astray.”

Two other players who have been strongly linked with a move to the Bernabeu as a fall-back plan for Villa, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Diego Forlan, also look unlikely to pull on the famous white jersey next season, as Valdano dismissed rumours that he is tracking them.

He confessed, “We have two or three different alternatives, but they are not either one of those two players.

Midfield

Things are not looking any brighter for Valdano and Madrid on the Xabi Alonso and Franck Ribery front, as the director admitted to complications in pulling off either deal.

“[Zinedine] Zidane speaks wonders of Ribery, and there was an interest at some point,” he revealed. “But that’s a difficult issue now because they [Bayern Munich] are setting astronomical figures as they have no intentions of selling him.

“As for Xabi, his club, Liverpool, have already released an official notice and it would be very difficult to see him move to Real Madrid. We made an effort to sign him a few years ago. We spoke to Real Sociedad but when I left, the interest faded away.

“And as for David Silva… I don’t know what to do with Valencia. I have read that he is intransferable.”

Defence

The main worry now for most Madrid fans is that the club have yet to make any strides to strengthen one of their weak points last season: the back line. But Valdano assured that they are very much working on it.

He said, “We are worried about some positions, but we still have two and a half months to analyse what we need and what we already have. The coach [Manuel Pellegrini] also has a say in things.

“[Ezequiel] Garay has already been signed. He will join us for the pre-season and Pellegrini will decide whether or not he stays. He is definitely an interesting player."

Finally, Valdano justified the club’s mammoth €94m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo - which followed the €68m signing of Kaka - before he went on to hit back at Barca chief Joan Laporta.

“These signings are agreed upon because the strategy of the club takes us to them,” he remarked.

“There’s no need to ask Pellegrini, ‘What do you think of Cristiano? Does he adapt to your style?’ It goes without saying. Florentino makes the coach happy with these signings.

“All this talk from Barca about imperialism and distorting the market is just in bad taste. These are really good players and I can’t be bothered talking about the economic side of things, other than to say that it will produce an incredible effect.

“The Italian and English football market seemed impoverished, so these signings are going to be suitable for all the leagues.”

---------------------------------------------

i like that according to valdano forlan is not an option!!! like i said before, imo he would only add speed with regards to the hunter & ruud. nothing more, not worth 36m €. with ibra also being ruled out by valdano, i wonder who those two or three alternatives to david villa are.

and you can also say, that it's confirmed garay will join the squad during pre season, but his future is in pellegrinis hands.
Interesting interview... getting your priorities right is always a big plus..

we don't need all those players at the moment IMO.. we already have several players in attack & midfield.. i've been saying this for a while .. just get the defense sorted
I don't believe that you've given up, Perez doesn't do that so easily.

he doesn't give up easily but at the same time they are at the process of selling before buying... Villa is not a priority IMO u can use Hunter-Higuain-Negredo - Raul and you are fine and ready to rumble ..
given up??? on what/who??? villa...don't think so, neither does valdano say so. there have been farious reports that madrid are monitoring alternatives for most, if not all, their targets. first time that issue came up was with regards to david silva.

IMO, i think real are hoping for david villa to go public, stating his desire to join real madrid. or at least, tell that to valencia.
on the other hand i read rumors suggesting real offer 25m € + negredo, while valencia want 35m € + negredo, BUT are willed to sell david villa to real for 30m € + negredo.
if that was true, i'd say make the deal without thinking twice. 5m € (instead of 10m €) is not that much of a diffrence to real or at least it should not be. neither should that be the reason as to why real could lose out on david villa.

Villa isn't a priority it's a luxury 4 out of 5 current forwards are 20 goals a season forwards (Ruud-Negredo-Higuain and Raul ) .. if u add Huntelaar who has the potential to go beyond that.. it's a big plus.. the only plus in Villa is speed nothing more

The whole "we want more Spanish players" from Perez really was a complete fabrication wasn't it? They've put up a pretense of fighting for Villa but now look to be backing out and as far as I know they have no more Spanish targets (Xabi seems to be a non-starter) whilst they're willing to use the cantera products as make weights.
seems nothing please u.. if we don't want Villa u don't believe it , now we should go for him (considering he is Spanish ) ..

it's too early to tell... but i guarantee you they will have 2 or 3 Spanish players more by the end of the transfer windo

Nándor

20m + Sneijder for Maicon is being reported. :lol: Ridiculous.

so is 25m € + sneijder + VDV!!! german TV ad press is all over it. esüecially since ribéry supposingly declaired to his agent to send out the message "it's madrid or nowhere at all" to the other clubs interested.

Interesting interview... getting your priorities right is always a big plus..

we don't need all those players at the moment IMO.. we already have several players in attack & midfield.. i've been saying this for a while .. just get the defense sorted

he doesn't give up easily but at the same time they are at the process of selling before buying... Villa is not a priority IMO u can use Hunter-Higuain-Negredo - Raul and you are fine and ready to rumble ..

Villa isn't a priority it's a luxury 4 out of 5 current forwards are 20 goals a season forwards (Ruud-Negredo-Higuain and Raul ) .. if u add Huntelaar who has the potential to go beyond that.. it's a big plus.. the only plus in Villa is speed nothing more

seems nothing please u.. if we don't want Villa u don't believe it , now we should go for him (considering he is Spanish ) ..

it's too early to tell... but i guarantee you they will have 2 or 3 Spanish players more by the end of the transfer windo

interesting in deed...and you can sense that they are in no panic at all regarding complicated players like villa, ribéry, silva & xabi alonso.

that depends beast, according to a list published by AS, ruud doesn't count anymore, negredo won't stay for sure, only unknown thing is where he will be used as "moneda de cambio". but he will be used as that. also huntelaar is up for sale, since he failed to impress (ACCORDING TO AS!!! not me). that makes ruud & negredo out for sure. with the hunter labled "uncertain to stay" at best. that leaves you with just raul & higuain as strikers. so basically, if that's true, real make david villa a priority themselfs by selling

still refering to that AS list, the canteranos (m. torres, de la red, parejo & javi garcia) are all about to stay. de la red still in the air, javi garcia doomed to impress this season and parejo with the recomendation of di stefano. the club hopes parejo has his break-through the coming season. so do i :lol:

Beast

The Observer
Yes i did read the report this morning .. but anything can happen.. my point is we are not in a hurry to sign anyone if his proper replacement is already in the squad...
what if we don't buy Villa ? should we be worried about our striker department ? hell no.. that's my point..

the only needed reinforcement ATM is the defense.. if we don't do things our way for other targets let them rot, all clubs are dreaming of money to reinforce their squad with 2-3 squad players.. Inter want to get Deco & Caravalho.. the already bought Milito & Motta and released Adriano & Crespo for zero .. they spent on Mancini & Quarsema and they need to offloard them ..they are desperate for the money atm.. B Munich did the same thing.. they spent a lot and want to balance the book (knowing how B Munich are they must be crying for the money they spent ) .. Valencia are in worth shape they are already under the bank influence and they will be forced to sell in 2 weeks whether they like it or not not only they are forced.. they can't afford to have Villa and co for another season .. they need to cut their salary scale ..

so Valdano is sending the right message.. lets wait.. we have no urgency except in the defense.. let Pellegerini play the current squad .. who knows.. we might be surprised with some of the current names under Manuel guidance.. the same way he did with Villarreal for some of the washed names like Riqueleme or Forlan

Nándor

Yes i did read the report this morning .. but anything can happen.. my point is we are not in a hurry to sign anyone if his proper replacement is already in the squad...
what if we don't buy Villa ? should we be worried about our striker department ? hell no.. that's my point..

the only needed reinforcement ATM is the defense.. if we don't do things our way for other targets let them rot, all clubs are dreaming of money to reinforce their squad with 2-3 squad players.. Inter want to get Deco & Caravalho.. the already bought Milito & Motta and released Adriano & Crespo for zero .. they spent on Mancini & Quarsema and they need to offloard them ..they are desperate for the money atm.. B Munich did the same thing.. they spent a lot and want to balance the book (knowing how B Munich are they must be crying for the money they spent ) .. Valencia are in worth shape they are already under the bank influence and they will be forced to sell in 2 weeks whether they like it or not not only they are forced.. they can't afford to have Villa and co for another season .. they need to cut their salary scale ..

so Valdano is sending the right message.. lets wait.. we have no urgency except in the defense.. let Pellegerini play the current squad .. who knows.. we might be surprised with some of the current names under Manuel guidance.. the same way he did with Villarreal for some of the washed names like Riqueleme or Forlan

yeah valdano really did send the right mesage. and yes, the priority should be the defence, as in "it needs reinforcements". not to meantion they should start offloading some players by now.

with regards to the defence, valdano apperently renewed dudek :angry: i don't rate him and would have prefered to have codina move to second keeper and adan getting promoted. this way, real probably lose codina, since it'S unlikely he'll sit another season on the bench as no.3

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Real Madrid have contacted a host of Premier League clubs with a list of nine players they are willing to sell in a bid to recoup some of the £150m they will lay out on Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo. Arjen Robben, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Klass-Jan Huntelaar, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart, Royston Drenthe, Javier Saviola, Gabriel Heinze and Mahamadou Diarra are the players available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans