Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Really ?? since Liverpool game i decided i don't want to see him in Real ever again ..

You can see that his confidence is shot to pieces, like Conor says madrid is probably just step too far for him right now. Gago either needs a coach who really understands him, and Pellegrini as a fellow South American could be that man or a change of scenery but I'm not ready to call time on him yet.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i do notsee where you get that gago is not skilled?? i think it would be a big mistake selling him... a bad spell of form is not worth giving up on him imho

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Gago is being compared to his fellow Argetinian, Higuain, who matured quicker than him. While it is amazing to see Higuain rise to power, it should not be taken as an evaluation method of Gago.

They grow differently in their own ways and while Higuain was still struggling when he first came, Gago was miles ahead in terms of contribution during Capello's season and the one after.

It is just this season that the mounting pressure on a 23 year old midfielder has gotten to him. What I love about Gago is that he will always put in one hundred ten percent no matter what. What I did not expect is for Gago to play the role of a creative midfield, a maestro. He is a supporting CM, and that is exactly where he shined when we played him like that. When Sneijder had his old knees back, we did so well in keeping the ball moving with Gago playing a slightly withdrawn part to Sneijder but providing space. I have seen him put in nice through balls something he couldn't do when he first came, I have seen him go into cleaner tackles than he did before, I have seen him spread the ball wider with more accuracy.

He fucked up, and he showed weaknesses, but that comes with 23 year olds. I will never subscribe to the whole Pedophile frenzy and the obsession with the ultimate youngster. For all the heart he has put into games I think he deserves one more chance for playing and integral part in 2 league titles and his professionalism in one dreadful season.

Thing is, I like Gago, I appreciate his football so much and I appreciate how he was always there for us showing some heart in the most dying moments. When some players were dragging there feet behind them, when some were huffin and puffin and the rest were clueless, Gago was at least trying. It did not mount to anything but to sharp criticism. I may be biased towards him but I don't know what could be said about Gago that couldn't be said about at least half a dozen other players (including ones we would love to see stay).

The only way I would accept him leaving without any problems is if were to tactically not fit in, then yes, I would hate to see him be played out of his element. I would understand that fully and would agree to it. Sometimes puzzle pieces on their own are beautiful but they need to find themselves part of the proper picture. If Gago were to leave, send him to Inter Milan.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
They have a firm stance. Speaking of Liverpool they are looking like they will sign Glen Johnson from Portsmouth for £19 million.

Blaugrana1899

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9688816/Madrid-to-get-2-bank-loans-to-fund-spending-sprees

Big-spending Real Madrid is reportedly set to receive two multimillion euro bank loans to help fund signing Kaka and the expected hiring of Cristiano Ronaldo plus any other player purchases.

Spanish building society Caja Madrid said Tuesday it has agreed to issue a loan of €76.5 million ($106.3 million) to Madrid, which has put up two undisclosed sources of collateral.

The bank's board of directors approved the loan Monday, said a bank official speaking on customary condition of anonymity.

After a decade-long boom fueled largely by construction, Spain's economy is in recession and many once free-lending banks are in trouble because of their exposure to the real estate sector. Caja Madrid's annual profits fell 71 percent in 2008.

-More and more loans.... What more can I say?

Beast

The Observer
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9688816/Madrid-to-get-2-bank-loans-to-fund-spending-sprees

Big-spending Real Madrid is reportedly set to receive two multimillion euro bank loans to help fund signing Kaka and the expected hiring of Cristiano Ronaldo plus any other player purchases.

Spanish building society Caja Madrid said Tuesday it has agreed to issue a loan of €76.5 million ($106.3 million) to Madrid, which has put up two undisclosed sources of collateral.

The bank's board of directors approved the loan Monday, said a bank official speaking on customary condition of anonymity.

After a decade-long boom fueled largely by construction, Spain's economy is in recession and many once free-lending banks are in trouble because of their exposure to the real estate sector. Caja Madrid's annual profits fell 71 percent in 2008.

-More and more loans.... What more can I say?

well if you ask me , you can start by reading at least 3-4 pages before you post..
the topic is discussed, argued , dead & buried

--------
anyhow the biggest statement ever for Valdano regarding Raul new position as a SUB was in today's interview
to quote Valdano " when a player move from a starter to a sub role.. it's not the club that has to manage the situation but the player , Raul has showed enough intelligence to adapt to any situation , and with his commitment he will be a positive leader, Raul will accept the roles assigned by the manager "

Bye bye Raul the never ending starter.. and welcome Raul the leader as a super sub ..:party00231::party00231:

you lived up to my expectations Valdano :worthy:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
If Raul is going to be a sub then that means a new captain must be instated. The obvious(and probably only) choice would be Casillas.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Raul in the next two or three years will loiter around like a bad smell because he doesn't accept the fact there are better players than him.

Beast

The Observer
If Raul is going to be a sub then that means a new captain must be instated. The obvious(and probably only) choice would be Casillas.
Iker is the playing Captain.. Raul will be the Captain from the bench
Raul in the next two or three years will loiter around like a bad smell because he doesn't accept the fact there are better players than him.

i was telling Sunny (incognito ) that Valdano already met with Raul & Guti and told them their situation is clear.. sub bench
.. although the report was on EMD.. this time Valdano was more outspoken and said it clearly after his Raul earlier comment that " time waits for no one "
.. Raul as a sub could be a deciding factor for next season .. we will have the most competitive team in the club .. i wasn't as happy about Kaka or CR as much as i'm happy about this... i've been crying for such a decision for 4 years now

beef-supreme

I've said it before Beast, when you were telling me about the great plans for the cantera, and I'll say it now again, it's just not gonna happen. No matter how much some Real Madrid fans wish, in the end with all their big, non-Spanish names out there they'll forget about the cantera sooner rather than later. But eventually when the whole project fails, they will be hating on Perez for not using the youth products well enough. Even if they do have some Spanish players in the starting 11, with the exception of Casillas and Ramos, they will be signed from other teams, and the youth players will be sold with buy-back clauses etc as they usually are.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I would actually like to see Ramos as captain. I think he can grow into that role and become a real leader (no pun intended!). Which can only help Real. We all know Iker is a leader and a true captain but maybe having putting the armband on Ramos it will be beneficial to your team in the long run...

shadows

I've said it before Beast, when you were telling me about the great plans for the cantera, and I'll say it now again, it's just not gonna happen. No matter how much some Real Madrid fans wish, in the end with all their big, non-Spanish names out there they'll forget about the cantera sooner rather than later. But eventually when the whole project fails, they will be hating on Perez for not using the youth products well enough. Even if they do have some Spanish players in the starting 11, with the exception of Casillas and Ramos, they will be signed from other teams, and the youth players will be sold with buy-back clauses etc as they usually are.

I agree..I read somewhere that Valdano said that their youth system had no players of Real Madrid calibre when their players won the WCC Championship beating Barca!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans