Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
[/I]TOMATOOOES TOMATOES TOMATOOOESS FOR SALE PLEASE!!! BEST PRICES!!!! TOMATOES, CHECK IT OUT PLEASE, BEST TOMATOOOOOES FOR THE BEST PRICES....TOMATOES TOMATOES :okay:

read it on my email the Sid Lowe original report which is off course more detailed then goal.. here

Real Madrid have contacted several ¬Premier League clubs with a list of nine players they are keen to offload as they desperately seek to recover some of the £150m they spent on Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka. Arjen Robben and Ruud van Nistelrooy are among those for sale.
A fax has been sent from the Bernabéu that includes the names of the club's Dutch players, as well as the former Manchester United full-back Gabriel Heinze. Robben and Van Nistelrooy are joined by their compatriots Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart and Royston Drenthe. The defensive midfielder Mahamadou Diarra and the striker Javier Saviola have also been made available.
Madrid concluded two huge transfers in four days for Kaka and Ronaldo but their new president, Florentino Pérez, is determined to continue spending. He wants to make a renewed bid for David Villa after negotiations broke down at the last minute with Valencia, whose president, Manuel Llorente, is furious at Madrid's approach. Valencia want €45m (£38m) for the striker but Madrid have so far refused to meet the valuation.
That late twist appeared to offer Chelsea and United a glimmer of hope in their ¬pursuit of the Spain international although a Barcelona director has admitted they, too, are in talks with Villa.
Pérez has announced that he had to "do in one year what we would normally do in three" and he is determined to sign a left-back, central defender and central midfielder. Madrid also want to sign a striker and will turn their attention to Diego Forlán should they fail to sign Villa. Although Madrid have appeared to boast limitless resources over the past week, the Spanish club are aware that they have to sell in order to continue buying.
Madrid have set themselves a target of €100m of incoming transfer fees to help fund a total outlay that could reach €300m. That would represent a significant loss on players who cost them more than €160m but the figure still appears optimistic.
The shift in the euro means that a €10m player will now cost an English club about £8.5m, when a little over a year ago the figure was closer to £6m. The vast majority of the players have also seen their value drop at Madrid. Van Nistelrooy is one of the few to have enhanced his reputation but he has been injured for eight months and will be 33 in two weeks' time. He and Huntelaar are among Tottenham's targets.
Although Robben has expressed his desire to stay at the Bernabéu, Madrid are especially determined to sell him because they consider him one of the few players who can command a huge fee, alongside Sneijder, who signed for €25.5m from Ajax in 2007. Robben is not helped by his status as a marquee signing and electoral promise of the former president Ramón Calderón – the only promise he delivered on. Privately, however, Madrid doubt their chances of recovering the €36m he cost from Chelsea.
Madrid remain determined to sell players, even if they do not recuperate their original fees, and would also consider loans. Together, Sneijder, Drenthe, Robben and Van Nistelrooy account for almost €10m a year in wages, while Diarra is on €2.8m, Saviola €2.5m and Heinze €2m.​
======================
the good thing is .. it leave a totally Spanish central midfield from our youth system par the 2 DM's
Guti-Parejo-Javi Garcia-De La Red

Guardian

I like Diarra, would love him at Villa Park. The real Diarra, not lassie. Unlikely though.
Maybe Diarra + Negredo + Heinze for Xabi as their final offer? And Robben + VDV + Saviola for Ribery?

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i do not think real madrid can afford to trade these players in deals they need tro sell them to get back some money

beef-supreme

Oh man.. not Zidane intelligence .. i don't think you can dispute that..
the head butt and other incidents in his career was a loss of temper ..

if u read my earlier posts over here regarding the new administration i said they want to run Real in a lyon like style.. form a committee to decide the players and technical aspects of the team so if the manager change the new one won't ask for a complete makeover . the difference is Perez will not get involved unlike Aulas .. he will just help get things done ..
Zidane (respected worldwide and with enough love and experience in some markets ) his position is a special advisor for Perez , Valdano general director of the club and the actual controller of the all technical aspects (hiring /firing/players wanted/players off ..etc ) , Pellegerini the manager , Pardeza as a football director a guy from the old Quinta Del Butre squad.. a man who managed and take credit in giving David Villa his chance in Zaragoza
those 4 decide everything related to football .. Perez adores Zidane and Zizou is cool headed (do u remember his praise words for Barca ? Playstation comment ) .. the club is in good hands this time .. i hope it transfers to the football pitch

Yeah fair enough, I've never seen the man do anything aside from playing football and donating to some charities, and since football players aren't always the brightest sparks...

Alright, I get what you mean there. It sounds good, because if Madrid plan to keep up their usual manager hiring-firing procedures, it will be more stable at the top of the order, and the squad should be held together more solidly. Surely Zidane understands football, but whether he really does off the pitch, we shall soon find out. And even if he messes up, Perez always has the variety offered by his various other 'advisors' and such.
Yup I do remember his comment as well, never had much against the man, aside from the obvious.

Beast

The Observer
I like Diarra, would love him at Villa Park. The real Diarra, not lassie. Unlikely though.
Maybe Diarra + Negredo + Heinze for Xabi as their final offer? And Robben + VDV + Saviola for Ribery?

I might be wrong though but i think Real Madrid Brazilian cliche last time Perez was in the office has left a bitter taste in his mouth.. that's the only way i would understand the availability of Sneijder,Robben and Huntelaar

Beast

The Observer
Yeah fair enough, I've never seen the man do anything aside from playing football and donating to some charities, and since football players aren't always the brightest sparks...

Alright, I get what you mean there. It sounds good, because if Madrid plan to keep up their usual manager hiring-firing procedures, it will be more stable at the top of the order, and the squad should be held together more solidly. Surely Zidane understands football, but whether he really does off the pitch, we shall soon find out. And even if he messes up, Perez always has the variety offered by his various other 'advisors' and such.
Yup I do remember his comment as well, never had much against the man, aside from the obvious.

well the good thing they didn't try to copy barca and say give Zidane the coaching responsibility ...
Zidane will eventually end up replacing Valdano IMO as a rightful heir to the throne.. especially with his kids in Real Madrid juvenile team (Enzo is quite good ) he will be here for a long time

also for the record.. people talk about Real Madrid firing managers under Perez.. the truth is having a manager longer then 2 years has been a very rare thing in Real for almost 30 years..
if u look back only Toshack(sp ) stayed for 2-3 seasons in the mid 80's (can't remember the exact time tbh ) .. the rest was all one year - 2 years max in rare cases(Valdano for example ) .. the only exception was Del Bosque who survived ..
so hiring & firing is business as usual .. Barca always enjoyed more stability in the management department

beef-supreme

well the good thing they didn't try to copy barca and say give Zidane the coaching responsibility ...
Zidane will eventually end up replacing Valdano IMO as a rightful heir to the throne.. especially with his kids in Real Madrid juvenile team (Enzo is quite good ) he will be here for a long time

also for the record.. people talk about Real Madrid firing managers under Perez.. the truth is having a manager longer then 2 years has been a very rare thing in Real for almost 30 years..
if u look back only Toshack(sp ) stayed for 2-3 seasons in the mid 80's (can't remember the exact time tbh ) .. the rest was all one year - 2 years max in rare cases(Valdano for example ) .. the only exception was Del Bosque who survived ..
so hiring & firing is business as usual .. Barca always enjoyed more stability in the management department

Yes I know very well that Real Madrid have lacked managerial stability, and I wasn't referring to it as a phenomenon strictly under Perez - in fact I was talking about keeping up the "usual hiring-firing" by which I mean the usual, and not strictly under Perez methods. Having a solid structure will definitely help if Madrid stick to their usual principles.

I wonder why the situation for Barca has been quite so different. Similarly demanding fans, similarly high ambitions, similarly cyclic success eras... Hmm.

Irish_Cules

the good thing is .. it leave a totally Spanish central midfield from our youth system par the 2 DM's
Guti-Parejo-Javi Garcia-De La Red

Are you serious? De la Red is quality but Guti is a joke and Javi Garcia is rubbish by Madrid standards. I haven't seen much of Parejo but De la Red is the only truly good player by Madrid standards in that list and we don't even know if he'll be able to play next season!

E

Esteve

Are you serious? De la Red is quality but Guti is a joke and Javi Garcia is rubbish by Madrid standards. I haven't seen much of Parejo but De la Red is the only truly good player by Madrid standards in that list and we don't even know if he'll be able to play next season!

What about Javi Gracia?:

210atud.jpg

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Yes he is the boss , did i say anything but that ? he is responsible for everything involve football .. from hiring the manager to players to future projects
but Valdano is not the kind of person to get involved in formation or selection... u should read more about the guy Meta.. he is our version of Cruyff ..

dude I know all about valdano.

he is an INTENSELY intelligent guy and I would love to have a conversation with him. he does have a bias against barca but what madridista doesn't? in a way it's a shame he went to real, I would have loved to have heard his thoughts were he not affected by the real/barca rivalry.

my point is the things he's saying indicates he will have power and be making decisions which he then says will be in control of the manager - something which I don't believe.

veryfatchocobo

Here's what I think happened last year regarding Javi Garcia.

IMO, he is the missing link btwn RM's Defense and midfield. He didn't play well because of the groupies outside of football. Mainly here was the Castilla group he was in, the Guti-Raul-Salgado group (I'd think that they'd be part of the Castilla group?), the Dutch National team group, the Argie group, and some loners. Every single player in the Castilla group (Casillas, Javi himself, de la Red in a way kinda, Miguel Torres) all suffered bad patches together. If the Dutch group leaves Madrid, I'm willing to bet that those guys will play like world-class players that they were promised to be.

He just needs trust from the fans, the team, and the staff (Calderon had absolutely 0 trust for the great players of the Castilla in the first team).

Beast

The Observer
Yes I know very well that Real Madrid have lacked managerial stability, and I wasn't referring to it as a phenomenon strictly under Perez - in fact I was talking about keeping up the "usual hiring-firing" by which I mean the usual, and not strictly under Perez methods. Having a solid structure will definitely help if Madrid stick to their usual principles.

I wonder why the situation for Barca has been quite so different. Similarly demanding fans, similarly high ambitions, similarly cyclic success eras... Hmm.

Real had the longest serving manager in Munoz .. who was a legend by all means.. after he left we never had any stability ..
i think Cruyff stabled Barca a lot with Laporta stubbornness playing a role in sticking to his opinion (manager ) .. it turned good for u

i think it will be good to have such a committeee
no more new 10 players and sell another 10 players
did i say QUALITY ? i said all spanish.. hold u'r horses my friend and read again
Parejo is of similar quality to De La Red Conor.. he still has to prove it though ..

What about Javi Gracia?:

210atud.jpg

Lmao

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i always thought guti could pass.. he just finds those gaps and runs others do not see.. as for the rest of his game idk beacuse i do not watch real madrid play.... except 2 times a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans