Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
dude I know all about valdano.

he is an INTENSELY intelligent guy and I would love to have a conversation with him. he does have a bias against barca but what madridista doesn't? in a way it's a shame he went to real, I would have loved to have heard his thoughts were he not affected by the real/barca rivalry.

my point is the things he's saying indicates he will have power and be making decisions which he then says will be in control of the manager - something which I don't believe.

it's too early to tell but if he ever had a great power i wouldn't mind at all.. Valdano was an awesome manager for us introduced Raul and co .. even some people called that he be hired a manager.. however thinking that Valdano would get a proper manager like Pellegerini so he can call the shots is a disrespect to Valdano who is one of the best football analyst in the world and Pellegerini .. Valdano is not that man.. but for the fans and everyone we know he is responsible and represent the new regime.. so his opinion matters considering his position and where he is in the chain of command
Here's what I think happened last year regarding Javi Garcia.

IMO, he is the missing link btwn RM's Defense and midfield. He didn't play well because of the groupies outside of football. Mainly here was the Castilla group he was in, the Guti-Raul-Salgado group (I'd think that they'd be part of the Castilla group?), the Dutch National team group, the Argie group, and some loners. Every single player in the Castilla group (Casillas, Javi himself, de la Red in a way kinda, Miguel Torres) all suffered bad patches together. If the Dutch group leaves Madrid, I'm willing to bet that those guys will play like world-class players that they were promised to be.

He just needs trust from the fans, the team, and the staff (Calderon had absolutely 0 trust for the great players of the Castilla in the first team).

you are not far off .. i read the Argies had a big clash end of the season after the classico mainly
Raul is in a group with Guti & Salgado.. he would never be in a group with Castilla... he fear for his position and they always sticked together...

Iker-Ramos -Miguel Torres-De La Red-Parejo-Javi Garcia ..etc and every other Madrid youth player are in Iker group

then you have those who are in the middle.. M Diarra - Marcelo..etc have Iker tendencies

Higuain was the smartest cookie .. he was able to penetrate Raul and be friend with him.. Heinze is the team clown which everyone love .. he is a leader of the Argie squad..
Ruud is the god father of all dutchies par Robben & VDV.. i read how he took Huntelaar to his house and talked to him about Real and the team and gave him advise about how to coup .. he is at the same time a loved person by all groups .. if there is someone behind the recent influx of dutch players it's Ruud.. u won't find a single player who don't love him..

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I wonder where next for Drenthe. He looked to have a lot of potential but he just never got the chance(nor did he prove to be good eniugh when he did get playing time), and maybe a move to a mid table club will help him become a good player. I remember Beast had a lot of hope for Drenthe, what do you say about him now?

beef-supreme

I wonder where next for Drenthe. He looked to have a lot of potential but he just never got the chance(nor did he prove to be good eniugh when he did get playing time), and maybe a move to a mid table club will help him become a good player. I remember Beast had a lot of hope for Drenthe, what do you say about him now?

I remember when we were linked with him, before he went to Madrid. But that was after the end of our Dutch era already.

Beast

The Observer
i'd say the same.. the kid has football.. he need a less pressure on him to flourish.. if Drenthe has moved to Arsenal for example he would be the most talked about footballer in the EPL ... he need to learn a few tricks and balance himself.. he has speed-dribbling-strong shots.. he need shooting accuracy - balance and experience (all can be acquired ).. Drenthe should be loaned not sold IMO

I thought I would get away with it this time :shrug:

Pay gneg
10 % tax is collected for this thread as well

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
the balancing out of drenthe starts with cutting that ugly hair.

hwo can you fake a shot? that was what went wrong in the 1on1 during the first clasico. he wanted to fake a shot to the left and shoot to the right but the inertia of his hair just kept on the left side and BLAAAAM, what a miss.

Oh ,thanks beast. hope it will feature on EMD or SPORT stating that esteve has to loan 10% of his annual budget to pay me.

E

Esteve

Hahaha it'll be all over Sport & El Mundo Deportivo, unfortunately. I don't like my business in the papers :thumbdown:

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
So what do we reckon the chances of Villa signing? I like how Valdano refuses to be held ransom by Valencia, using the Barcelona bid/rumour. I can't see it being true, it almost goes against everything they stand for, however knowing Perez, he will step in again before the week is out.

E

Esteve

I think Villa will sign for Barça but I also believe you're right about Pérez. I doubt he has thrown in the towel. We'll just have to wait & see.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

Falling on your face does not go down too well with us Madridistas not to mention missing a beautiful one on one with Valdes really shook his nerves.

Nándor

Raul will see little time and i don't think he will be third choice ...he will slowly phased out of the team and retire with honor ...

that's the plan and i said back in March on another forum and i repeated it again.. Perez will not forget what Raul said.. and this one positive aspect of Perez return

according to FIGO (once again), someone who is forming the team tried to retire raul, but couldn't. you know something about that beast???

read it on my email the Sid Lowe original report which is off course more detailed then goal.. here

Robben is not helped by his status as a marquee signing and electoral promise of the former president Ramón Calderón – the only promise he delivered on. Privately, however, Madrid doubt their chances of recovering the €36m he cost from Chelsea.
Madrid remain determined to sell players, even if they do not recuperate their original fees, and would also consider loans. Together, Sneijder, Drenthe, Robben and Van Nistelrooy account for almost €10m a year in wages, while Diarra is on €2.8m, Saviola €2.5m and Heinze €2m.​
======================
the good thing is .. it leave a totally Spanish central midfield from our youth system par the 2 DM's
Guti-Parejo-Javi Garcia-De La Red

that's exactly what we argued about the other day...remember??? the reason why i think robben will be included in a deal. in fact, it would be good if the bald one footed dutchy can land real madrid ribéry or xabi alonso (more likely) in the end.

great midfield, from a cantera/spanish point of view. i'm thrilled with de la red and parejo, they are so talented and if both manage to break through, hells bells...
PS: still crossing my fingers for de la red!!!

Maybe Diarra + Negredo + Heinze for Xabi as their final offer? And Robben + VDV + Saviola for Ribery?

that's way too much for xabi alonso. not to meantion, that in the end, negredo will IMO be used to finally get david villa.

and with regards to ribéry...sneijder + VDV it's gonna be and WOULD DO FOR SURE. the only reason why this has not been done so far is, again IMO, the high wages of both players. bayern will have serious problems to pay that much, but on the oportunity of having sneijder and VDV, they would certainly jump.

I might be wrong though but i think Real Madrid Brazilian cliche last time Perez was in the office has left a bitter taste in his mouth.. that's the only way i would understand the availability of Sneijder,Robben and Huntelaar

good point, i would add "eye for an eye" to that. calderon sold all of pérez beloved brazilians (r. carlos, robinho, ronaldo, baptista, cicinho, emerson etc...) and replaced them with dutchies. i guess it's a mix of what you said, the eye for an eye thing and above all, that the club now looks like having made up their mind on one thing: if there is to be a dominating group regarding nationalities, it has to be spanish. kinda like going from brazilians, to dutchies and end up with spaniards.

Here's what I think happened last year regarding Javi Garcia.

IMO, he is the missing link btwn RM's Defense and midfield. He didn't play well because of the groupies outside of football. Mainly here was the Castilla group he was in, the Guti-Raul-Salgado group (I'd think that they'd be part of the Castilla group?), the Dutch National team group, the Argie group, and some loners. Every single player in the Castilla group (Casillas, Javi himself, de la Red in a way kinda, Miguel Torres) all suffered bad patches together. If the Dutch group leaves Madrid, I'm willing to bet that those guys will play like world-class players that they were promised to be.

He just needs trust from the fans, the team, and the staff (Calderon had absolutely 0 trust for the great players of the Castilla in the first team).
you are not far off .. i read the Argies had a big clash end of the season after the classico mainly
Raul is in a group with Guti & Salgado.. he would never be in a group with Castilla... he fear for his position and they always sticked together...

Iker-Ramos -Miguel Torres-De La Red-Parejo-Javi Garcia ..etc and every other Madrid youth player are in Iker group

then you have those who are in the middle.. M Diarra - Marcelo..etc have Iker tendencies

Higuain was the smartest cookie .. he was able to penetrate Raul and be friend with him.. Heinze is the team clown which everyone love .. he is a leader of the Argie squad..
Ruud is the god father of all dutchies par Robben & VDV.. i read how he took Huntelaar to his house and talked to him about Real and the team and gave him advise about how to coup .. he is at the same time a loved person by all groups .. if there is someone behind the recent influx of dutch players it's Ruud.. u won't find a single player who don't love him..

very good points made...i would love it to see javi garcia finally showing his FULL POTENTIAL. i know he can do it and would be really sad to see him leave and put in exactly that with a team other than real madrid.

IMO, parejo, de la red (touch wood) & javi garcia could rule reals midfield for a very long time once they all break through.

last but not least, some "lighter" paper talk...todays MARCA front page claims, that real madrid are now going after fábregas again :D

AS claim, that pérez has singeld out ribéry as the last strategic galactico signing for this summer after kaka' & c. ronaldo. pérez apperently has put 55m € aside for the signing of ribéry. the fact that zidane hasn't stoped praising ribéry and has not spoken alike about any other player, convinved pérez, that ribéry is SPORTING WISE, a sure bet and made him a priority.

bayer still is very keen on sneijder & VDV and valdano will push ard in order to include these two players in the deal.

ribéry is said to have made it clear, he not only would only want a move to real, but also would be willed to force a move!!!

last but not least, AS talk about the idea of pérez for madrids midfield behind the striker, where david villa remains no.1 target.

c. ronaldo-------kaka'-----------ribéry

--------------david villa--------------

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Figo is retired now and his investments are in Barcelona... he will do what it takes to make cule's forgive him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans