Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
nah with us he'd have taken 7 probs (coz it's available). but yeah, he couldn't have 7 when he first broke through into the the national team so took 21. I reckon it'll be the same if he goes to madrid.

i'm a traditional in terms of shirts.. anything about 25 is for reserve..
10 = playmaker
8 = CM
6=DM
7= Winger
9 = no 9
11= winger or SS or CF

12-15 sub defenders/goalie
16-18 sub midfielder
19-22 sub strikers... etc

I'm obsessed with shirt numbers, for some reason.

I think it's because I'm a big fan of iconography.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
There's something intriguing about shirt numbers and it's fantastic how shirt numbers in football acquire mythical status at certain clubs. The tradition of retiring shirt numbers in US sports is nice but I prefer the football way.

Beast

The Observer
First thing i do when i buy a new version of PES is adjust the shirt numbers for national teams.. i fucking hate Ruud 17 (switched to 9 ) in Real ..

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
There's something intriguing about shirt numbers and it's fantastic how shirt numbers in football acquire mythical status at certain clubs. The tradition of retiring shirt numbers in US sports is nice but I prefer the football way.

yeah I don't like retiring numbers, I prefer the idea of a continuing legacy of the number.

so for real, the number 9 has a MASSIVE legacy coz of di stefano etc. but they treated it like shit between ronaldo's. raul has given their #7 great importance. for us 14 is obviously pretty sweet, and 9 and 10 as well. and of course xavi has given great meaning to the 6 I think, which otherwise is a fairly unspectacular number.

7 is an epic number for united and liverpool. although liverpool don't treat it as such (although the two most recent holders were both boyhood liverpool fans who had crazy skills, but for one reason or another neither worked out).

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I always think of 1 Keeper 2. Right back 3. Left back 5. Centre back 6. Centre back 4. Deep lying midfielder 8. Other centre midfielder 11. Winger 7. Winger. 10 and 9 strikers.

Beast

The Observer
yeah I don't like retiring numbers, I prefer the idea of a continuing legacy of the number.

so for real, the number 9 has a MASSIVE legacy coz of di stefano etc. but they treated it like shit between ronaldo's. raul has given their #7 great importance. for us 14 is obviously pretty sweet, and 9 and 10 as well. and of course xavi has given great meaning to the 6 I think, which otherwise is a fairly unspectacular number.

7 is an epic number for united and liverpool. although liverpool don't treat it as such (although the two most recent holders were both boyhood liverpool fans who had crazy skills, but for one reason or another neither worked out).

7 was GREAT before Raul :angry: check u'r facts

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
MADRID! CABRÓN! SALUDA AL CAMPEÓN!!!

We're champions of basketball too, one more trophy for the museu whilst RMCF remains potless. Maybe Florentino should take out a loan to overhaul your basketball side too.

E

Esteve

MADRID! CABRÓN! SALUDA AL CAMPEÓN!!!

We're champions of basketball too, one more trophy for the museu whilst RMCF remains potless. Maybe Florentino should take out a loan to overhaul your basketball side too.

Hahahaha aaaahhhhhhhh Visca el Barça :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans