Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
lets face it pepe is a dinosaur, i think the sell on clause in his move from porto has gone to feeding jurassic park's t-rex for a few years

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Anyone know when they will complete Ronaldo deal ? Apparently they are waiting to the end of the month.

veryfatchocobo

Parejo will do well in Madrid as long as the staff place trust in their youth. They haven't shown it yet. I don't think Madrid will trust in them until the previous political party comes back into power. Your thoughts, Beast?

Beast

The Observer
Parejo will do well in Madrid as long as the staff place trust in their youth. They haven't shown it yet. I don't think Madrid will trust in them until the previous political party comes back into power. Your thoughts, Beast?
too early to tell anything .. we've all made different opinions and predicted different things.. the press did the same.. the fact remains as follows:

1- Raul has a major influence in blocking some of the quality players who appeared in the last 7 years.
2- there is a lack of patience with youth players cause Real Madrid have 80000 managers every week who judge the manager by the way we play + results.. throwing a young players is a risk for any manager considering our usual lack of managerial stability in the last 30 years
3- we did allow some youth players to take the stand even though there wasn't many compared to say Barca but they had the chance .
4- the original galacticos was build on the idea of introducing youth plus super stars... the problem was the Pavons was not on the same level .. but you can't deny they didn't get the chance.. players like Pavon-Mejia actually played more then they should.. it was a screw up in the managerial level and lack of balance cause they both played without a DM and got exposed but time especially when Hierro was released

5-Iker Casillas, Pavon,Raul Bravo,Mejia,Portillo, Miguel Torres,De La Red,Javi Garcia

all played and some made it on some level.. Iker is not debatable , Raul Bravo went as far as being a starter for Spain in Euro 04.. but he had Roberto Carlos to compete with ..De La Red another success story that was cut short due to heart problems.. then u have the latest Javi Garcia...

6- i said before the problem with Real is the youth we produce are usually in positions we don't need .. we are desperate from a quality defender (none since Manu Sanchez in the 80's ) yet all we produce is AM-Strikers & Wingers ... positions we have usually big names in that position..

7- the thing is the fans love to see a Castilla player .. like any spanish teams fans.. the problem is lack of success can simply start a big wave of discontent .. it's harder when the club is owned by a fans not by a man..
Barca can afford and must produce Catalan players.. cause it's not just about the kids but a political statement meaning another success for the Catalans '

it's a mix of unfortunate events , fear from failure and wrong management .. however they did the right thing by picking Manuel Pellegerini .. a man who is interested in youth and a man who can add a lot to the shape of the Madrid youth and first team

it will be clearer during the season .. how they fare and what they will do with their chances.. i expect some injuries normally and it will be up to Pellegerini to call the shot..

with the Dutch clan leaving .. it only leave a space for Castilla and Spanish players ..i think that says a lot

veryfatchocobo

Yes. The Dutch. They were a major problem last year. They won't be a problem this year. Calderon made some horrible decisions by buying them. <_< Not that I'm racist or anything, but the Spanish influence was lacking the past years. Look at Liverpool. They will never win the EPL until they restart their youth and sell their Spanish people.

I hope Barça smoke RM again, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans