Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nándor

exactly, i think even his agent said he and his family are all for real madrid and have their minds set on villa joining madrid this summer.

i think this hole issue is dead till after the confed cup, since villa doesn't want to affect his teammates or his performances in any way possible. same for xabi alonso. once the confed cup is over, both players transfers to madrid will revive.

Beast

The Observer
Aguero is very farfetched...Its the agent of any players job to take all calls and relay offers to his client...but then like with Pique the agent can take the call only for the player to say he's not interested...and Aguero has said that enough times for it to be pretty telling...I mean if he had said he didn't want Madrid once it could be swept under the carpet but he's said it repeatedly, at least upwards of 10 times...any chance he gets he says it.

Also, coincidence we were linked with Aguero again yesterday then 24 hours later Madrid being linked with him again? the Madrid papers are linking Madrid with the same players the Barça press linking us to...Its just silly games between them tbh..as in we want Forlan, you want Forlan, we want Ibra, you want Ibra, we want Benzema, you want Benzema, we want Aguero, now you want Aguero...Chance of you getting Aguero next to zero, saying otherwise is wishful thinking.
agree... and i don't believe for a second Aguero will come or is one of our targets.. plus his release clause will make him similar to Kaka (which he isn't ) and Atletico can't sell him to Madrid especially that they reached the CL .. if anything Atletico should be reinforcing not selling

well, as far as agüero & benzema go, it's not the madrid press but el mundo deportivo and aulas who said, if benzema would leave, it'll be madrid.
regarding ibra, it's also hardly the press, regardless wether barcas or madrids press. it's his agent who is constantly linking ibra with a move to either barca or madrid. you kinda wonder...one would think, that a player who believes being and gets labeled as being worth the same as CR or even more than CR & kaka' combined would practically sell himself due to his outstanding class :p

as far as madridistas go, it's very clear that any new striker has to be david villa. if not, it's keeping negredo. agüero didn't even reach 5% in any poll regarding players for madrid and like i said, forlan & ibra got a clear no in the polls

Benzema said many times he want to play in Madrid.. but i think the whole benzema/Aulas saga is due to disappointment that no one was interested in Benzema .. his most valuable asset lost it's value.. knowing Aulas he will create an illusion for Benzema that he is wanted by many clubs in order to sell him for a good price and buy a much needed players for Lyon..

Benzema "illusion " is exposed and no one is putting him first on the list.. in fact he is like 5th or 6th choice forward for all the big buyers ..

Villa wants to come to Barcelona though ;-)

Luis Enrique (who is also an Asturian player who started in Gijon like Villa) is Villa's absolute hero and L. Enrique has been saying numerous times that Villa is the man for Barcelona.. When your hero says you're the perfect man for his team, I think your choice is pretty clear, even if another team offers 2 Million extra :p

Like everyone pointed out.. it's the exact opposite .. Villa if he move will be joining Real if it's up to him .. the agreement between Villa & Madrid is done.. the problem is in Valencia asking price
everyone know that Lucho was his hero but that doesn't mean he want to join Barca

E

Esteve

I've been away from any transfer news and by the looks of things nothing has happened.

Beast

The Observer
of course... it's conf. cup and since most of our targets are over there (Villa,Xabi,Albiol,Arbeloa,Maicon).. don't expect anything now.
After the under 18 win & cup over Barca, our indoor football team beat Barca in the final 10-9... all sounds good.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I really do hope Madrid get Albiol, he's great, and he's Spanish to boot.

Silvio Berlusconi Launches Tirade Against 'Mad' Real Madrid
The AC Milan supremo has launched a thunderous attack on Los Blancos following Florentino Perez's much-publicised activity in the transfer market...

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has spoken out against Real Madrid’s huge spending spree in the past few weeks and stated that he feels the transfer fees being brandished about at the moment are "figures of pure madness".

Berlusconi was, of course, directly involved in one of the most controversial transfer moves of the summer, when he urged Brazilian Kaka to leave the San Siro and join Real Madrid for the handsome sum of €65m.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s protracted move to the Bernabeu is also edging closer to completion, and Berlusconi feels that the market dominance of Madrid is having a detrimental effect on the game as a whole.

“These are figures in football that are pure madness," he told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

“The figures bear no relation to the normal economy, and it is beyond common sense and decency.”

In addition to his remarks on the Spanish giants, he also shrugged off claims that he himself was chasing the big buck by sanctioning the sale of Kaka to Real Madrid in the first place.

“Kaka did not invent football,” said the eccentric Prime Minister.

Berlusconi, however, is not the only high profile individual to speak out against the inflated levels of spending undertaken by Florentino Perez.

Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton called the transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo "vulgar", while Dutch maestro Johann Cruyff claimed that both Ronaldo and Kaka were "simply not worth the money".
God he's such a dickhead. He says this after accepting Madrid's offer too.

Beast

The Observer
I really do hope Madrid get Albiol, he's great, and he's Spanish to boot.

well to be fair and honest.. i haven't seen a single good game for Albiol in the last 2-3 years..so i don't know how good he will be with a different team .. the kid was very promising when he came out (like Ibanez in Atletico Madrid ) but i wouldn't lose my sleep over him

edit: typical Silvio.. it's very ironic i'm Laughing my ass off..

Last edited:
E

Esteve

I said legend because his comments were anti-Madrid so they're good enough for me. As for Cruyff, now he's really a legend.

Nándor

well to be fair and honest.. i haven't seen a single good game for Albiol in the last 2-3 years..so i don't know how good he will be with a different team .. the kid was very promising when he came out (like Ibanez in Atletico Madrid ) but i wouldn't lose my sleep over him

with regards to the defence...i think if madrid can actually achieve all their offensive targets left like david villa, david silva, xabi alonso (offensive as per his ability to be a deep playmaker) & ribéry + plus c. ronaldo & kaka', we might create what you meantioned before with the example of barca. teams could be afraid of madrids offensive power to the extend, that the defence won't have to do that much and looks better than it actually is. sadly, i can't recall your exact words, but i guess/hope you know what i'm talking about???

as for the players, i therefore would choose young spanish (the defence is IMO the best option for pérez to actually add a lot of spanish flavor...after all, it worked out pretty damn good with ramos!!!) defenders with great potential/future like marcano (as CB) & canella (as LB) and mix them up with two experienced ones like albiol & capdevila. sell metzelder back to germany (as good as out IMO after criticizing the 94m € CR move) and use garay to get marcano.
i guess you can get all these 4 defenders with the 30m € inter are asking for maicon plus the cash from metzelders sale!!!

also bare in mind, that pepe have to be replaced for 10 games and that it remains to be seen how he can bounce back from what happened.

Beast

The Observer
Pepe will be replaced for 5 games only.. he already served 5 games last season

i want Metzelder to stay big time.. i don't mind sending Garay anywhere .. i don't trust him

Nándor

5 already??? thought it was less...anyway, i forgot about that :blush:

yep, i would love to see madrid swap garay for marcano. well, marcano (6m €) + cash for garay (around 10m €) to be precise.
what do you think about the LB spot??? my shout would be, as said, capdevila for like 1-2 seasons with canella as back-up. obviously i want marcelo as LM back-up for ribéry.

i think metze had a great chance of staying (he put in quite some performances at the end of the season) right until he criticized pérez for the c. ronaldo move.

talking about a CB, bruno alves had been an option months ago. and btw, the german press is pretty sure, bayern don't want lucio anymore...i so hope real don't go for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans