Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
You paid far tooo much and you know it.

We paid from the fans pocket ... it's a lot but we are not paying from our own pockets as a club.. u do know that this money is easily recoverable for Real
i would be worried if we were going into an unknown venture ... it's been done & tested before
we can afford it.. that's the bottom line

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
You can't. It is a massive gamble. 20% unemployment in Spain alone. How are these people going to afford to buy merchandise? Either way you have put yourselves into a potentially dangerous position.

Beast

The Observer
You can't. It is a massive gamble. 20% unemployment in Spain alone. How are these people going to afford to buy merchandise? Either way you have put yourselves into a potentially dangerous position.

cause Real merchandise are based on Spain ? i learn something new everyday ...

it's not a massive gamble .. it's actually a very secured one.. i would have chosen another RW for Real if it was up to me but i don't doubt the economic value of CR at all considering his popularity & fame (after taking into consideration his skill which u like a lot )

Beast

The Observer
I was clearly using Spain as an example. Players can lose their popularity very quickly as you know. It is a gamble.

David freaking Beckham still milk the money with 34 years old and playing his game in the US Sunny...

there are club fans & players fans.. we already have something like 240 + million fan base (second behind Man U ) .. Ronaldo has a massive followers some of them are glory hunters and players fan who will possibly jump ship to Real Madrid this season to watch CR & Kaka...

He is Nike prime football icon and Kaka is second (ATM before he was no 1 ) behind Messi

you are trying to push for an idea that you don't really believe in.. if Real & barca rely on Spanish merchandise and sales they would go bust a long time ago

Ronaldo is popular?!

VERY popular and that's a market study that was introduced to Calderon and again to Perez..the only one in the world who can make a similar effect to Beckham
... and no not among Liverpool fans

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
CR9 does not have the same marketability as Beckham. Beckham is a clean-cut, boy next door type. CR9 is an arrogant, womanising piece of shit.

Beast

The Observer
CR9 does not have the same marketability as Beckham. Beckham is a clean-cut, boy next door type. CR9 is an arrogant, womanising piece of shit.

I'll take the market study made by professors Sunny...
Becks had his womanizing days with and before Posh Spice

and good to know that all clean cut boy next door look like Beckham.. hope all the girls next door in England don't look like Victoria (unless your name is Jatin :D )

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Very popular my ass.......................

Ronaldo is the definition of a person that cannot endear him to people apart from his own club's supporters and his array of girly fans.

He is snidey, arrogant, thinks he is above everyone and basically a twat of a human being. So I do not see the similarities to Beckham in the marketability sense.

But I have no doubt he will be more successful on the football pitch, but a lot of people hate him too much for him to be a global icon.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
But he isn't the sort of man who can become a global icon you want him to be. He is too much of a cunt to be that and your reply beast is pretty poor because that does not come into it. Beckham was a manure player remember.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
Oh c'mon, like Cron isn't popular... please. People don't like sports superstars for their personalities, they like them for their skills. Often, the more controversial stars are more popular than the colorless good guys.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
All I am saying is I do not think Ronaldo will be the global superstar you think he will be. In the sense of being the marketing money machine.

Please note I am talking marketing here not football, where I do think he will succeed.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
*Allegedly* madrid only sold 1 million shirts last year (according to Sala i Martin), less than Barça. For every football shirt that sells the club concerned receives roughly 10€ back, which means that to cover the purchases of Cristina and Koko Madrid will have to shift 16m extra shirts, and that's before they start paying the guy with the God complex and the God botherer. They're living in cloud cuckoo land. All this "we have 250m fans worldwide" is bullshit, that research is based on people being asked who their preferred club is, only a tiny percentage of those people would ever be prepared to go out and buy the shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans