Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
I agree Nandor, people act like we're just buying offensive players again without needing them, while our offense was incredibly stagnant last season. The only spark we had was Robben, the few times he wasn't injured. This squad very much needed an upgrade in the offensive department.

Beast

The Observer
Valdano said that he respect Valencia wishes and we will be looking elsewhere for Villa replacement...
either Valencia came up with an investor to take over the club or they will kneel down in 3 weeks

Beast

The Observer
I honestly wouldn't mind if we just kept Huntelaar and Negredo.

+1
it's very luxurious buy.. i feel the same.. if he don't come no problem we have the next big thing in Spain in that department .. someone who needs playing time

i want 2 defenders and one winger ..in that same order

Nándor

i'd be happy too if negredo would stay...however, will they go for another striker??? baring in mind, the basic goal in the striker departement was to get a speedy striker. huntelaar, raul & negredo don't really provide that much speed upfront do they??? therefore, i never understood why negredo OR villa instead of

-------------kaka'------------

-----david villa---negredo-----

i rate huntelaar highly, but i would change him for negredo without thinking twice and have david villa, negredo & higuain as the main strikers. with raul as back up. besides, higuain can be used on the right as well, as sub for c. ronaldo, still dangerous the argie.

Abaddon

i'd be happy too if negredo would stay...however, will they go for another striker??? baring in mind, the basic goal in the striker departement was to get a speedy striker. huntelaar, raul & negredo don't really provide that much speed upfront do they??? therefore, i never understood why negredo OR villa instead of

-------------kaka'------------

-----david villa---negredo-----

i rate huntelaar highly, but i would change him for negredo without thinking twice and have david villa, negredo & higuain as the main strikers. with raul as back up. besides, higuain can be used on the right as well, as sub for c. ronaldo, still dangerous the argie.
Higuain is a speedy striker?

You can't play that formation when you got Cronaldo and likely Ribery on the wings... need some balance.

Nándor

yeah, i forgot about higuain at first and then forgot further to "edit" him on that part. my bad clearly!!!

depends on instructions i guess. proper instructions on both defenders and midfielders...but basically i just can't see madrid play with just one striker. can you??? plus it worked with makelele as the only DM and the likes of figo & zidane before.

but never mind, the chance of both negredo & david villa being at madrid this season is IMO below 5%

Abaddon

yeah, i forgot about higuain at first and then forgot further to "edit" him on that part. my bad clearly!!!

depends on instructions i guess. proper instructions on both defenders and midfielders...but basically i just can't see madrid play with just one striker. can you??? plus it worked with makelele as the only DM and the likes of figo & zidane before.

but never mind, the chance of both negredo & david villa being at madrid this season is IMO below 5%
well if you got Cronaldo and Ribery as wingers it's hardly a true one striker system. Ronaldo doesn't stick to the line anyway and neither does Ribery really. If you have 2 strikers and 2 wingers that like to cut inside, you risk congesting the middle, not the mention the balance in our midfield with only 1 defensive minded player.

Nándor

sure it bares some risks...but what's the alternative if you want to play with 2 strikers??? i won't believe madrid will play with only 1 PURE (refering to your point made about c. ronaldo & ribéry) striker until i see it. but by now, we have no idea what's the formation gonna be. safest bet/guess IMO would be to go with 4-4-2 that occasionally will be adjusted to a 4-2-3-1 if you need more power in the midfield against stronger teams.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
... i can't believe you are actually asking about that... i really can't believe it Adam.. you know better then that man

- shirt sales (your Sala Martin lame excuse )
- promotional tour (discussed here before and i gave an example of Japan tour under the old galacticos )
- all other merchandise (like the one Zen 1 has in his sig, scarfs.etc )
- TV rights abroad and the current renegotiation with MediaPro,Bwin & Adidas
- All CR ads & sponsorship 50 % goes to Real.. so if Castrol is paying him 20 Million Real get 10 Mil (50 % image rights for Real ) , Gillette paying him 15 (Real get 7.5 ) , advertising for CHEESE Real get a triangle.. etc hell even Movie appearances

any new Ad for our sponsors (Audi and co ) .. same thing..
possible trophies ...
easy you do the math ..
Sala Martin if following his leader.. talking out of his ass with a sever case of Madridities ..

If Barca revenue were just the shirt sales u would be bankrupt like us and every single club

The problem is that we can't "do the math" because even if the numbers exist they're not in the public domain for the most part. Reports are abound that Cristina has refused the 50% image rights clause and you've had to settle for a smaller cut which immediately makes recouping the transfer fee and his wages more difficult. You can't increase your overall income considerably because Calderon tied you into long term contracts with all the significant contributors. I know certain sources have said that Florentino will try to renegotiate but what's in it for these companies? They have you where they want you and it will be a hard task getting more blood out of those stones. You mention TV rights abroad and renegotation with MediaPro but I'm afraid they're one and the same, Mediapro has the rights to your games and then sells them on to foreign networks, hence why they're willing to pay you so much, if they only had the Spanish market to sell to they couldn't justify such large sums. It's very easy to turn round and say "you do the math" but we're not talking about a paltry 35m anymore, we're talking 160m PLUS WAGES which has to be recouped in the midst of a global recession. If you can pull it off fair play but I wouldn't want to be a madridista in 5 or 6 years time when those chickens come home to roost.

Abaddon

So Nandor, I noticed you're pretty confident Ribery will be in Madrid in a short while. Reports in the German media suggest this, or what is your angle?

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Marca claims that talks with Valencia over a transfer for Albiol to Madrid are at an advanced stage. Beast won't like that. :p

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
well to be fair and honest.. i haven't seen a single good game for Albiol in the last 2-3 years..so i don't know how good he will be with a different team .. the kid was very promising when he came out (like Ibanez in Atletico Madrid ) but i wouldn't lose my sleep over him
That's what Beast said about Albiol. :p

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I am afraid CA that Madrid are too much of an institution to be fucked economically now or in the future. They will always be saved by something or someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans