Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beef-supreme

CA + Beast - I had the impression that the Cronaldo image rights issue was settled at 60-40 to Ronaldo, not 50-50.

But yes, I have no doubts as for Madrid's financial health in the future, because as unbelievable as their activity may be, there will always be a way for them.

beef-supreme

Yup, so
Reports are abound that Cristina has refused the 50% image rights clause and you've had to settle for a smaller cut which immediately makes recouping the transfer fee and his wages more difficult.
is true, although 10% certainly won't be the end of the world for Madrid and
50 % image rights for Real
is incorrect. I laughed at the movie roles bit tough :lol:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I am afraid CA that Madrid are too much of an institution to be fucked economically now or in the future. They will always be saved by something or someone.

They'll never go bust, the best that can happen is that their future ability to work the transfer market will be seriously undermined.

CA + Beast - I had the impression that the Cronaldo image rights issue was settled at 60-40 to Ronaldo, not 50-50.

But yes, I have no doubts as for Madrid's financial health in the future, because as unbelievable as their activity may be, there will always be a way for them.

That sounds about right. 10% is a decent chunk though.

Beast

The Observer
The problem is that we can't "do the math" because even if the numbers exist they're not in the public domain for the most part. Reports are abound that Cristina has refused the 50% image rights clause and you've had to settle for a smaller cut which immediately makes recouping the transfer fee and his wages more difficult. You can't increase your overall income considerably because Calderon tied you into long term contracts with all the significant contributors. I know certain sources have said that Florentino will try to renegotiate but what's in it for these companies? They have you where they want you and it will be a hard task getting more blood out of those stones. You mention TV rights abroad and renegotation with MediaPro but I'm afraid they're one and the same, Mediapro has the rights to your games and then sells them on to foreign networks, hence why they're willing to pay you so much, if they only had the Spanish market to sell to they couldn't justify such large sums. It's very easy to turn round and say "you do the math" but we're not talking about a paltry 35m anymore, we're talking 160m PLUS WAGES which has to be recouped in the midst of a global recession. If you can pull it off fair play but I wouldn't want to be a madridista in 5 or 6 years time when those chickens come home to roost.

I understand where you are coming from however the fact remains that Real continued to top the revenue list with no trophies then with no stars .. which is enough evidence of how well their marketing power and brand name is...
FYI CR issue was not a big thing with his contract as Beef said it was between lower salary & 40-60 or higher salary with 50-50 .. not something dramatic or bank breaker ..i don't know what they settled for tbh

the outside broadcast has different condition for Mediapro as far as i read when it was on the news 3 weeks ago .. i don't know what nor has anyone leaked more information but i think if you are negotiating with the TV company it means u have basis to do so .. this is Perez at the end a business man to the bone and he know how to cut deals ..

their also new sponsors that will generate more money.. considering CR7 is a big brand name i don't doubt our economical of financial strength..i can doubt the stability or continuity but not the finance ..
as you are part of Banco Santander as an employee .. u do know that Banks (especially under recession ) won't issue loans unless their is guarantees that the club is in a healthy financial condition .......which reminds me of a question i forgot to ask on the talk show
- how does is it feel for u when u know your employer financed Real to buy Ronaldo ?

Does Beast not like Albiol? He's a decent defender.
\
decent defender but i didn't see anything remarkable in the last 2-3 season to be honest.. could be that Valencia was shit but he didn't strike me as someone who would command the defense.. for sure he is way better then Garay but i don't think he is better then Pepe or Ramos as CB .. although when he came out he was the bomb

as i said it could be valencia .. he looked fine with Del Bosque & Spain

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I understand where you are coming from however the fact remains that Real continued to top the revenue list with no trophies then with no stars .. which is enough evidence of how well their marketing power and brand name is...
FYI CR issue was not a big thing with his contract as Beef said it was between lower salary & 40-60 or higher salary with 50-50 .. not something dramatic or bank breaker ..i don't know what they settled for tbh

the outside broadcast has different condition for Mediapro as far as i read when it was on the news 3 weeks ago .. i don't know what nor has anyone leaked more information but i think if you are negotiating with the TV company it means u have basis to do so .. this is Perez at the end a business man to the bone and he know how to cut deals ..

their also new sponsors that will generate more money.. considering CR7 is a big brand name i don't doubt our economical of financial strength..i can doubt the stability or continuity but not the finance ..
as you are part of Banco Santander as an employee .. u do know that Banks (especially under recession ) won't issue loans unless their is guarantees that the club is in a healthy financial condition .......which reminds me of a question i forgot to ask on the talk show
- how does is it feel for u when u know your employer financed Real to buy Ronaldo ?

I understand the conditions for the loan, they have the future TV income as security, I've never doubted your ability to pay it back, only what impact doing so will have on the club.

To answer the question, I was considering leaving anyway but I've offered to make the nasty phonecalls when you miss payments. In all seriousness it pisses me off a bit but business is business, however when I leave I'll take my personal accounts elsewhere.

E

Esteve

Well, diegomessi won't be around for a few weeks so I'll fill in for him while he's away...

Barça del triplete.

Nándor

So Nandor, I noticed you're pretty confident Ribery will be in Madrid in a short while. Reports in the German media suggest this, or what is your angle?

first, from what i gather, hello ward & antonk and welcome here...good to see you. hope you'll have fun.

as for ribérry, it's basically a summation of all that's been said at bayern and around the club. i posted some time ago the following.

intersting news from germany regarding ribéry. the kaiser franz beckenbauer has contradicted rummenigges statement. the kaiser said, that during the last meeting of bayern supervisory board the topic of ribéry already had been discussed and been concluded (they ALL agreed) with: "if he wants to leave, they will have to deal with that issue".

moreover, the bayern managers already have green light to sell ribéry from their supervisory board since the end of the season.

all is set for ribéry joining madrid this summer

that came right after rummenigge declaired ribéry as intransferable. though bayern were very quick in denying beckenbauers words, it seems clear to me, that the truth had been spoken, beckenbauer is not the kind of man, who talks out of his ass or is senil enough to mix up what happend at a meeting of the supervisery board. rummenigge & hoeness only want to drive up the price, remain the calm amongst the fans and do any sort of buisness on the quiet.

- they know he wants to move to madrid this summer
- they know they can't hold him and that ribéry would force a move if he had to
- they know, if they don't sell now, due to some odd laws, he could leave next summer on the very cheap.
- they can't refuse some 55m - 60m € after the transfers they made till now. special meantion goes to mario gomez for a bundesliga record of around 30m €

etc...

----------------------------------

back to actual matters. god i hope this isn't true!!! MARAC claim on the frontpage, that real have dropped david villa definitly and are in advanced talks over a 40m € move for benzema :banghead:
damn, i hope villa does something after the confed cup to prevent us from the horror of benzema!!!

i also don't like the idea of c. ronaldo chosing the no.10. that's what MARCA claim, underlined with a nice little pic. that no.10 belongs to kaka'!!! c. ronaldo is not worthy (charakter wise) of wearing puskás' number!!! he would have to grow up fiirst. chose the no.9 and take your beloved no.7 apart from next season. but hands off the 10!!! :angry:

both MARCA and AS claim, that albiol is available for 15m €. if real are willed to pay that price, albiol is a real madrid player within the next hours or days

Beast

The Observer
Kaka choice as reported is 8 - 18 & 22 .. along with 10.. so i don't know if he is keen on it.. i think his idea is to have his own non-legendary number and turn it to one ... as far as i know CR registered CR9 a year ago as a trade mark.. so i don't know if he'll give that away ..

and please NO BENZEMA.. what have i done to deserve this

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Supposedly 25,000 people will attend the Cron presentation. That's more than Ronaldinho's at Milan isn't it?

Beast

The Observer
can't remember honestly.. however i hope CR will end up better then what Dinho did in Milan first season..

that Rafa bitch is delaying the transfer... there is big issues between him & Valdano since Valdano famous rant...

"Football is made up of subjective feeling, of suggestion - and, in that, Anfield is unbeatable. Put a shit hanging from a stick in the middle of this passionate, crazy stadium and there are people who will tell you it's a work of art. It's not: it's a shit hanging from a stick.

"Chelsea and Liverpool are the clearest, most exaggerated example of the way football is going: very intense, very collective, very tactical, very physical, and very direct," he added. "But, a short pass? Noooo. A feint? Noooo. A change of pace? Noooo. A one-two? A nutmeg? A backheel? Don't be ridiculous. None of that. The extreme control and seriousness with which both teams played the semi-final neutralised any creative licence, any moments of exquisite skill.

"If Didier Drogba was the best player in the first match it was purely because he was the one who ran the fastest, jumped the highest and crashed into people the hardest. Such extreme intensity wipes away talent, even leaving a player of Joe Cole's class disoriented. If football is going the way Chelsea and Liverpool are taking it, we had better be ready to wave goodbye to any expression of the cleverness and talent we have enjoyed for a century."

Valdano explained why Benítez and Mourinho were to blame for the demise of flair and creativity. "The lives of Mourinho and Benítez have crossed in a world that is ever more scrutinised and exposed by the media, which is why they look at each other with such distrust," he wrote, "but they have two things in common: a previously denied, hitherto unsatisfied hunger for glory, and a desire to have everything under control.

"Both of those things stem from one key factor: neither Mourinho nor Benítez made it as a player. That has made them channel all their vanity into coaching. Those who did not have the talent to make it as players do not believe in the talent of players, they do not believe in the ability to improvise in order to win football matches. In short, Benítez and Mourinho are exactly the kind of coaches that Benítez and Mourinho would have needed to have made it as players."

still it's an awesome rant ... lets hope Rafa lean a bit and make it happen

Nándor

Kaka choice as reported is 8 - 18 & 22 .. along with 10.. so i don't know if he is keen on it.. i think his idea is to have his own non-legendary number and turn it to one ... as far as i know CR registered CR9 a year ago as a trade mark.. so i don't know if he'll give that away ..

and please NO BENZEMA.. what have i done to deserve this

as far as i know, c. ronaldo did not ONLY register CR9, but also CR10 and CR7 (not sure about that one). CR9 is obvious, had been reported for some time now. CR10 with regards to his idol, figo, which is bascially why he really could turn out taking that number :angry:

i want de la red to take the 8 and kaka' the 10. finally there is a true world class no.10, so give him that number

what has every single madridista with good taste (i'm sure there are millions out there who believe benzema is the next best thing, the new ronaldo) done to deserve benzema!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans