Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I'm surprised Valencia let him go so cheap, he's only 23 (thought he was much older) and has already established himself in the Spanish NT. Piqué-Albiol could be Spain's CB pairing for the next 10 years.

Hassan TPAH

not bad... not bad at all... garay, metzelder, albiol and pepe... not the greatest in the air tho, the lot of them... this definitely puts me at more ease...
now to arbeloa and a CM, eh...

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
So with this team coming together what's the starting lineup going to be like?

-----------Casillas
Ramos--Albiol-Pepe--Marcelo
---------DLR--Diarra
Ribery------Kaka-----Cronaldo
----------BENZEMA

:lol: Obviously Xabi if DLR can't play, and whoever is the 1st choice striker instead of Benzema, which I obviously put there for a nice joke. :p

Beast

The Observer
I'm taking bets Adam for Higuain if you are interested

1000 $ he won't leave Real Madrid..

Valdano said today that the price we offered Valencia for Villa was that of a class player.. not to be compared with prices paid for Golden Ball winners ..

Lemmi

The Reckoner
what's the deal with the diarras?

mo always win the league and nobody seems to see a place for him? lasagne (just finished some of mothers, was delicious) was pretty immense, who do you mean wont be involved when these teams are posted??

Beast

The Observer
what's the deal with the diarras?

mo always win the league and nobody seems to see a place for him? lasagne (just finished some of mothers, was delicious) was pretty immense, who do you mean wont be involved when these teams are posted??

uncertainty regarding who is leaving par the usual dutch

beef-supreme

We'll see if Albiol proves to be a good buy, but imo I think that €15M is an insanely good price for him at that age. Good buy for Madrid... :sad:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I'm absolutely AMAZED at the lack of fight Valencia have choosen to put up for their best defender and at his age, like you've said Beefy. Shocking stuff, odd aswell.

beef-supreme

I'm absolutely AMAZED at the lack of fight Valencia have choosen to put up for their best defender and at his age, like you've said Beefy. Shocking stuff, odd aswell.

+ 1 million, especially since it was a transfer TO Real Madrid :wacko:
I guess it must be part of the 'Pérez great relationship with every club president' that Beast always mentions.
How I hate that man, puppet-master.

Beast

The Observer
u lot are underestimating Valdano & Perez.. just because they paid a lot for kaka & CR it doesn't mean they will do the same for every player.. Milan & Man U got more cause those 2 are cracks.. scheme breakers.. and will generate plenty of money as well

Albiol and co are different type of players... it's down to negotiations

if you are planning on playing 4 attacking players you would need both of these in european games.

i have no clue how Pellegerini will play ... it could work without 2 DM if u apply pressure upfront (old Galacticos, Barca this year ) i'll wait for our first game on the 20th in Ireland to get a clue

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Not so sure, Gio.

Real Madrid seemed to be the only obvious club to make serious moves for Albiol, unlike his now former team-mates; Villa and Silva.

Valencia are trying to be difficult, when it comes to their best player (Villa) and for understandably, he's wanted by more than one club and, well he is Valencia's hope for big bucks. With Albiol, they've probably realised that if they do not sell to Madrid, they won't get any other offers, which they can't afford. I don't see it as any considerable work done by Perez or Valdano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans