Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaugrana1899

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=656998&sec=transfers&cc=5901
"Ribery would prefer to play for Real Madrid ahead of Barcelona," Miglaccio told RAC-1. "The player has spoken with Zinedine Zidane and wants to sign for Los Merengues.

Zidane, in his new role as Los Blancos' sporting advisor, revealed last week that the club will do everything they can to bring Ribery to the Bernabeu.

"I am not in Madrid at the moment, but there are meetings being held at the moment regarding this matter. The negotiations are on the right track," he told Le Parisien. "I am all for Ribery joining Madrid and I will do everything to make it possible."

- For all you Cules that were in favor of luring Ribery to the Camp. His agent has publicly stated that he wants to head to Real Madrid. I really wasn't in favor of acquiring Ribery, because I feel he is overrated. He is a good footballer, but I would rather have Villa(I know that Valencia stated they won't sell him.) or Cesc(says he's happy in Arsenal). We shall see what moves Barca make in the near future.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I will not fear this real madrid side 'til they sign xabi alonso. right now they won't be that much better than last year. real madrid have always been able to score, that's not an issue. but if they get xabi then they can keep the ball against good opposition, so when kaka is being marked out of the game (any half decent DM can do it, ffs edmilson managed it TWICE in 2006!) and ronaldo is being run down the line by his FB, xabi will stand up and give them good service to dig the team out of a hole.

real are begging for a blaugrana foot up their arse if they let djila go. even IF they sign xabi.

Beast

The Observer
FFS why do i have to read Madrid news and see Benzema is second option behind Villa... Real offering 24 + Huntelaar.. fucking joke ... i hope i'm wrong... god i hope so

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well Aulas said he's not selling Benzema, which means HUGE offer or nothing. Better off looking elsewhere.

Beast

The Observer
Well Aulas said he's not selling Benzema, which means HUGE offer or nothing. Better off looking elsewhere.

:thumbdown: Aulas would sell his mother if she can make him some profit... he is just marketing Benzema to reinforce ...
if they get Huntelaar & money it means he has a more proven goal scorer and some money to replace Juninho

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Where did you read about the 24m + Huntelaar offer? Spanish papers? That's a fucking good deal for Lyon. If you did get Benzema all you could do is hope he'll flourish, cause at the end of the day he definately has a good enough support cast to put chances on a plate for him... That said, Huntelaar would flourish with Ribery/Kaka/Cron behind him, chances galore, goals galore.

The problem with all this is what will happen to Higuain? He had a brilliant season, but he surely won't be picked over whoever Madrid buy as their big name striker, and as far as I know Higuain isn't an out-and-out striker so he may not be ideal as the lone striker up top, though he did score enough goals for a good striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans