Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Ehhhh what? Barça are at another level above Madrid at the moment. If he wants to win something, the smart money is on a move to FCB.

Villa will not play for Barca ATM.. Villa will play next season which means everything is back on the table...Real reinforced well to level the odds..
... it's down to his preference.. he chose Real until Valencia said we are not selling.. now u go and try to attempt a bid.. good luck with that ..
I don't get it. I know that Cristiano and Kaka will give you revenue from shirt sales. but certainly David Villa will give you trophies. He's the best striker in La Liga, and probably the world, certainly any revenue you get from winning La Liga/the CL will make up for his price, no?

I beg to differ COMPLETELY Barca need a striker more then we do if E2 leave but not Real
.. ..the only thing Villa will give Real is speed.. not goals.. we don't have problems in that department in case you didn't notice ..
Ruud & Hunter are 20 + strikers..
Higuain matured and reached the same level of goals 20 + Negredo is a 19 goal striker.. there is absolutely NOTHING Villa can add to Real except speed upfront. <---- FULL STOP
(note i didn't mention Raul who also scored 20 + this season overall )
that's why i said Villa is a luxury buy not a need to buy like Kaka or CR (winger )

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I agree Negredo, Higuain and Huntelaar plus Raul are more than enough - unless you sell one of them.

Barca only need a striker if they sell Eto'o. I must say the longer it goes the more I think Eto'o will stay because there has been no clear link for him to another club.

Though I think they need another striker anyway even if they keep Eto'o. They need a good back up, someone who can fill in for Eto'o. Someone along with Bojan.

Last edited:
E

Esteve

Hahaha ehm, not exactly. I'm supposed to see Madrid as Barça's equals now that they have signed Kaká, Cristiano Ronaldo & Albiol? Don't think so. The 6-2 wasn't too long ago & seriously, Madrid were very lucky it wasn't worse. I'll start taking them seriously again if they manage to get past the last 16 in Europe. Good luck with that.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I beg to differ COMPLETELY Barca need a striker more then we do if E2 leave but not Real
.. ..the only thing Villa will give Real is speed.. not goals.. we don't have problems in that department in case you didn't notice ..
Higuain matured and reached the same level of goals 20 + Negredo is a 19 goal striker.. there is absolutely NOTHING Villa can add to Real except speed upfront. <---- FULL STOP
that's why i said Villa is a luxury buy not a need to buy like Kaka or CR (winger )

ahhhhhhhh ... ok ... I thought that you had said that Ruud and the Hunter are both leaving the club. Which would have left Higuain and Negredo. And that's why I figured that Perez would have made a better bid for Villa. You're right that Ruud, Hunter, Higuain, and Negredo is a very formidable front line and keeping them would mean that Villa is a luxury. And I do agree that we need a striker way more than you do.

Beast

The Observer
Hahaha ehm, not exactly. I'm supposed to see Madrid as Barça's equals now that they have signed Kaká, Cristiano Ronaldo & Albiol? Don't think so. The 6-2 wasn't too long ago & seriously, Madrid were very lucky it wasn't worse. I'll start taking them seriously again if they manage to get past the last 16 in Europe. Good luck with that.

no one disputed your last season record.. but if you plan your next season based on your last season achievement ... it would be much more easier then i thought..

thinking that Real team that u & liverpool smashed will be the same is a very naive point of view... and please our derby & the liga has nothing to do with Europe.. we also crashed out in the last 16 when you stood as our guard of honor to salute us and took a 4-1 beating..

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
2 - 6 wasn't really the difference between the teams, it was just a freak result IMO. Barca are better but not 2 - 6 better, I think 2 - 4 is more like it.

Beast

The Observer
ahhhhhhhh ... ok ... I thought that you had said that Ruud and the Hunter are both leaving the club. Which would have left Higuain and Negredo. And that's why I figured that Perez would have made a better bid for Villa. You're right that Ruud, Hunter, Higuain, and Negredo is a very formidable front line and keeping them would mean that Villa is a luxury. And I do agree that we need a striker way more than you do.

If they leave Irv i would be killing and fighting for Villa.. but what the press speculate the actual situation is different.. atm Real has 6 forwards registered
Negredo-Ruud-Huntelaar-Raul-Higuain & Saviola...

to bid for Villa it means 3 out of 6 are leaving.. whoever they are..
(logical take Saviola out , Raul & Higuain in... down to Negredo-Huntelaar & Ruud regarding who will stay & who will leave and by default if Villa is a necessity )

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
2 - 6 wasn't really the difference between the teams, it was just a freak result IMO. Barca are better but not 2 - 6 better, I think 2 - 4 is more like it.

that game could have gone either way. VV made some huge saves with the game 1-0, 1-1, and 1-2.

E

Esteve

thinking that Real team that u & liverpool smashed will be the same is a very naive point of view... and please our derby & the liga has nothing to do with Europe.. we also crashed out in the last 16 when you stood as our guard of honor to salute us and took a 4-1 beating..

....& thinking Madrid will be as strong as this Barça side because of their signings this summer isn't? Don't think I said the lliga has anything to do with your form in Europe or at least I didn't mean to.

I hope you're joking. If you're not, I doubt you watched the match.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
If they leave Irv i would be killing and fighting for Villa.. but what the press speculate the actual situation is different.. atm Real has 6 forwards registered
Negredo-Ruud-Huntelaar-Raul-Higuain & Saviola...

to bid for Villa it means 3 out of 6 are leaving.. whoever they are..
(logical take Saviola out , Raul & Higuain in... down to Negredo-Huntelaar & Ruud regarding who will stay & who will leave and by default if Villa is a necessity )

gotcha.

Beast

The Observer
....& thinking Madrid will be as strong as this Barça side because of their signings this summer isn't? Don't think I said the lliga has anything to do with your form in Europe or at least I didn't mean to.

I hope you're joking. If you're not, I doubt you watched the match.

considering where we were with our last season team.. i think the 6-2 flatter to deceive

before the Classico our difference was 4 points it's not the huge gap ..and that was one of the worst Madrid teams in recent years..
. so yes i do believe that those signings put us on par in terms of strength on paper ...

yes u connected both

Originally Posted by Esteve

Nándor

Villa knows it's his last move to make /win something on the club level... choose Barca or Real should be the same for him.. both great teams capable of winning trophies.. but his problem is his club accepting bids.. or accepting a suitable bid.. lets not forget that Valencia main asset is Villa .. without him and Silva they have nothing to bargain for .. Mata would probably cost the same as Albiol... so it's down to the David's ..

If Valdano words are true then we will be looking elsewhere .. but i know this club so much and the current management to believe what we read in the press when it comes to transfers ... Albiol at the end could be testing waters to see the fans reactions to selling a player to Real.. Che fans always had problems selling to the big 2.. and we have a recent bitter history when Mijatovic moved to Real from Valencia.. it triggered lot of bad blood afterwards starting from Mendieta although it never stopped us shipping Canizares , Helguera..etc to Valencia

yup...that's exactly what i found very odd about the albiol move. they refused to sell villa to madrid, but the sale of albiol, who unlike villa is a valencia product, went smooth and to a fair price.

despite valdanos claims that it's not about the money, let's be honest...it is more about the money than about antimadridismo. if it was pure antimadridismo, there would have been no way they sold albiol to madrid. especially not for 15m €. IMHO, at the time the deal failed due to valencia breaking their word, it was because of two things...money and cheap theatrics by llorente in order to put his face into the camera, get his 15 minutes and become famous as "he who cannot be seduced by pérez".

now, things may be diffrent. they may actually be testing the water. i guess it depends all on villa now, like i said before.

Villa will not play for Barca ATM.. Villa will play next season which means everything is back on the table...Real reinforced well to level the odds..
... it's down to his preference.. he chose Real until Valencia said we are not selling.. now u go and try to attempt a bid.. good luck with that ..

i would have agreed on that about a week ago. but now i'm very clear on one thing. villa is a priority and needed, BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT BENZEMA AS AN ALTERNATIVE!!!

seriously, the chances of madrid not signing an alternate striker to villa and keep the status quo instead are below 5%. there is almost certainly a new striker arriving and if it's not villa, it'll be most likely benzema (65% think he a the right alternative to villa [AS poll]). that's exactly why i changed my mind on the matter, villa is a must

Beast

The Observer
the problem with Benzema is he fills Pellegerini requirement... he is also a speedy forward...
i have to admit that SAF words and prediction about Real game with Liverpool was true and made me think(he said we lack speed upfront to cause problems in Europe )... the last time we had speedy forward was Ronaldo and it did make a difference for us in Europe (when he was fit ) .. the 2 teams that won the last CL had speed upfront .. we don't have any.. and i think Pellegerini could be spot on looking for someone to solve that.. regardless if his name is Benzema.. but all the strikers we were linked with(Villa-Forlan -Benzema ) has speed as one of their main features.. and they prefer it over "higher " goal ratio ...

that's my analysis of the situation though

E

Esteve

I wasn't surprised to see only 4 points between the two sides when they met in May. I knew that a poor Madrid side could beat most, well, probably every team other than Barça in the league once they got their act together. Unfortunately, that's the way the lliga is :thumbdown: When Barça played Madrid back in May, the difference between the two sides was huge. Barça could have scored 10 if they needed to. Madrid's two goals were perfectly fair, no excuses. I'm just saying that Barça completely outclassed Madrid & dominated from midfield forward. Yeah, I see the connection but I didn't say the lliga or the derby were reasons for your failures in Europe.

Nándor

so basically, that lowers the chance of the status quo and no striker as alternative to 0,1% doesn't it???!!!

it has to be villa though...especially if it really is just a matter of money, which it very much looks like after valencia did sell albiol to madrid. can't be antimadridismo alone any longer. so that only leaves money, since the player wants to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans