Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
what do u feel Benny (dodgey part ? )

I think Valdano is the man behind the throne.. but i believe Pellegerini has his say ..

You get the feeling we are, in true Perez fashion, going into this a touch too brash/wreckless? Because I don't. Despite throwing in silly money on two players, we're tying up Albiol before we have Ronaldo and that deal opened negotiations about 3 weeks ago, which means there must be more than one movement going on behind the scenes. 2 weeks ago there were negotiations for Villa, ect.

I'm feeling like everyone is getting a say and maybe even making competition instead of working as a combined force. We will only see in time but i can see our squad being one unbalanced pile of galactico ....unless Valdano lands Albiol and Xabi from Liverpool. But like you Gio, im not concerned where our goals will come from, they were already there. in general, it was our inability to create them when it mattered that was missing in Calderons era.

Albiol wasn't any good last season and this season though, he was decent at most.

at 23, he's still got time to fulfil his potential....

Beast

The Observer
and then milan in 2003 had sheva.

okay so real in 2002!
yes considerably.. we are the last team to win the CL without much pace upfront ..

You get the feeling we are, in true Perez fashion, going into this a touch too brash/wreckless? Because I don't. Despite throwing in silly money on two players, we're tying up Albiol before we have Ronaldo and that deal opened negotiations about 3 weeks ago, which means there must be more than one movement going on behind the scenes. 2 weeks ago there were negotiations for Villa, ect.

I'm feeling like everyone is getting a say and maybe even making competition instead of working as a combined force. We will only see in time but i can see our squad being one unbalanced pile of galactico ....unless Valdano lands Albiol and Xabi from Liverpool. But like you Gio, im not concerned where our goals will come from, they were already there. in general, it was our inability to create them when it mattered that was missing in Calderons era.

at 23, he's still got time to fulfil his potential....

Interesting point of view.. i tend to see Perez taking the back seat this time... i see Valdano almost everyday u feel like Valdano is the actual president.. a totally different version then the last time ..in a nutshell Valdano appeared 6 times in the last week vs one Perez interview ...
i saw some scary pictures in Pellegerini press conference for Valdano ... i feel Perez is preparing Valdano to take over the club in time..

so far all Valdano wanted he got.. from manager choice to players.. Emilio took a rare back seat and Zidane is dealing with Ribery case only..
he praised Negredo before.. and tonight he said he is pleased to sign Albiol as the SECOND spanish player after Negredo.. which means he isn't planning to sell Negredo
( i think )
i don't feel anyone is making any decisions apart from him.. he was the one negotiating with Pellegerini.. he was the one sitting with Pellegerini before his signing (to plan for next season & to discuss the players and the one sat beside him in the press presentation ..

I don't think anyone anticipated Real third signing (since Negredo was a recall and took the option ) would be a defender ...
the good thing about Valdano is he is an ex player who understand our club , a successful coach and a great football pundit.. a Real version of Johan Cruyff.. somehow i'm not worried that much for now.. i see positive signs and less negative signs (Perez ) ...

Irish_Cules

kaka is not player known for his passing and linking and controlling of the midfield..

I know this statement is easy to ridicule but I can see where he's coming from.While Kaka does share some characteristics of midfield conductors it's not his defining feature Kaka is great at linking play and dropping into the midfield but he doesn't control games in the middle like say Xavi or Iniesta. Kaka is a final third player...he is a great passer of the ball but not in the sense of Xavi or Iniesta. He drops into the midfield to link up play but essentially he is a final third player. He started out as a second striker in Brazil as a teenager and you can see this in his play, even if he's playing in the hole. Even when he drops deep, its key contribution is that it allows him to create the space in front of him for one of his trademark surging runs through the centre. . Kaka obviously is known for his passing and link up play, but I think(or hope) that diegomessi was reffering to his direct style of play in the final third.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I am kind of like Galactico, at unease with the whole situation.

If Valdano is our own version of Johan Cruijf then this is going to be a long, long ride with him being in the press far too much than I would like to see yet his point of views might actually be correct.

I am also at unease with the situation because I have no idea what Pellegrini is preparing and I am dying to know. Players are not being confirmed to stay, players have not been officially put up for sale, and I am yet to swallow the price tag for C Ronaldo.

I can see Villa connecting with Kaka. It is similar to the relationship with Shevchenko, I just do not see how Ronaldo will connect with Kaka. There is a slight imbalance but like I said before, until Pellegrini figures it out and gives us a hint, I am a bit skeptical.

beef-supreme

I am kind of like Galactico, at unease with the whole situation.

If Valdano is our own version of Johan Cruijf then this is going to be a long, long ride with him being in the press far too much than I would like to see yet his point of views might actually be correct.

I am also at unease with the situation because I have no idea what Pellegrini is preparing and I am dying to know. Players are not being confirmed to stay, players have not been officially put up for sale, and I am yet to swallow the price tag for C Ronaldo.

I can see Villa connecting with Kaka. It is similar to the relationship with Shevchenko, I just do not see how Ronaldo will connect with Kaka. There is a slight imbalance but like I said before, until Pellegrini figures it out and gives us a hint, I am a bit skeptical.

Don't even bother; you won't be able to :p

Beast

The Observer
Drenthe could be the first leaving Real for Fiorentina on Monday.. followed by Saviola to Benfica

we must have something like 32 players atm

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
How much did you pay for Drenthe, and how much are Fiorentina offering? I think in a team like Fiorentina he can improve, as long as he gets regular games.

Beast

The Observer
How much did you pay for Drenthe, and how much are Fiorentina offering? I think in a team like Fiorentina he can improve, as long as he gets regular games.

somewhere between 9.5-12 Mil if the reports are true.. basically no loses here.. the kid will be great in time with some patience and regular game time .. he has the talent to excel

Nándor

todays article about ribéry being the a madrid player in july, thus completing pérez' trilogy, refers to what we all speculated before: 4-2-3-1
according to the article, pellegrini had been presented a document with posible players. the idea was/is, to play c. ronaldo, kaka' & ribéry in front of lass & xabi alonso. i guess that villa should have been the one upfront goes without saying. basically that would mean

----------------casillas------------------

ramos--------pepe---albiol--------marcelo

-------------lass----xabi alonso----------

c. ronaldo--------kaka'--------------ribéry

---------------david villa-----------------

the toughest one still to get, is villa. the most important one is xabi alonso.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah Drenthe is one of those players who needs a fair bit of time to get to where he can be, moving to Real Madrid so early was a mistake, not every young player is cut out for big clubs and big expectations. Methinks if he stayed at Feyenoord until right now and then moved to a big club he'd be a top player.

Beast

The Observer
I still think he's shit. Can't shoot, can't cross, limited passing ability. But he's fast, so he must be good.

he is good he was just asked to mature quickly in a high pressure situation he has the talent Adam
... i told u is the most wanted player of all the possible departed players.. and i think Fiorentina isn't a shitty club as u predicted :p

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Dos Santos went to Spurs, then got farmed out to Ipswich. Roy will have similar descent, he'll be in Serie B within a year or back in Holland playing for a non-entity Dutch side like Groningen.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Drenthe just isn't good enough for Champions League but good luck to him he could cut it in the Dutch league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans