Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nándor

i hope so too...i don't want jarheaded anelka to wear madrids shirt!!! but sadly, it looks like he'll be joining within the next hours or by tomorrow.

goal.com refering to pérez & valdano...

Real Madrid Confirm New Signing Soon; Press Believe It Is Karim Benzema
The Madrid-based press are simply not convinced that ‘Benzinho’ is on his way to Old Trafford.
1 Jul 2009 08:32:14

One of Karim Benzema’s team-mates at Lyon, Miralem Pjanic, yesterday revealed that the striker is certain to be on his way to Manchester United for €45 million.

Despite his declarations, Marca believe that Real Madrid are in fact closer to concluding a deal for the young Frenchman than their fierce English counterparts, and they are confident that it could only be a matter of hours before an agreement is announced.

The paper reports that their source within the club has revealed that Los Blancos are willing to up an initial bid of €32 million to €35 million for the 21-year-old, just €5m shy of Lyon’s asking price. It would still, however, be some way off what the Red Devils are allegedly prepared to offer.

It is believed that Benzema will meet with his club officials on Wednesday to discuss his future before kicking off pre-season preparations on Thursday in Tignes.

The player has always maintained that he would prefer to remain in France for one more year to assure ideal preparations for the national side ahead of the 2010 World Cup.

Update: According to the latest report from Marca, Madrid’s chief director, Jorge Valdano has just backed up Florentino Perez’s claim that the club could announce another signing shortly.

“We do not discard the possibility that in the next few hours, something could happen,” Valdano told Onda Cero.

The Argentine, however, confirmed that it almost definitely will not be David Villa.

“Nothing will happen with Villa over the next few days because Valencia have not changed their stance.

Florentino Perez: Real Madrid’s Next Signing Will Be Today Or Tomorrow
The ‘White House’ supremo has warned that the club are ready to splash their cash again…

After a hugely successful presentation ceremony for Kaka at the Santiago Bernabeu, Real Madrid will now move on to their next galactic transfer target.

Ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo’s own presentation next week on July 6, Los Blancos are hoping to complete yet another signing, and, according to president Florentino Perez, it could happen any time between the next 24 to 48 hours.

“The next signing will be either today [Wednesday] or tomorrow,” he declared on Cadena SER programme ‘El Larguero’, “but I cannot say who until the deal is done.”

When asked whether it could be David Villa or Diego Forlan, Perez replied, “You are putting me in a tight spot.

“I like both of them, but Valencia want to keep Villa and Atletico want Forlan to stay. And if that’s the case we won’t be able to sign either.

“We are not going to do anything that Valencia and their fans would not like. Their club president wants Villa to remain and I respect that. I understand that and I am fine with their decision, because they want to send a message that they are eager to build a team that can win the league.”

The ‘Casa Blanca’ chief was then given another opportunity to explain and defend his exorbitant spending, which has drawn worldwide criticism.

“The criticism has come from those who are not of Madrid, which is logical,” he explained. “But this is not an expenditure… it’s an investment.

“From a business point of view, when you buy an equipment, it produces revenue and the equipment for us are the big players. And if you invest in them, they will bring you returns.”

Finally, Perez laughed off talks that he is power-hungry and arrogant as he sent out a message to his close rival, Barcelona president Joan Laporta, who has been critical of Madrid’s club model and transfer policies.

He said, “It doesn’t bother me. It only motivates me to make an extra effort. Madrid doesn’t belong to any one person. We belong to the members and we have shown a spirit of sacrifice, respect for opponents and fair play. We are closer to humility than arrogance.

“I have supported this club since I was small and ever since [Alfredo] Di Stefano arrived it has always been a strategy of Santiago Bernabeu: to bring the best players and win the heart of the fans.”

EDIT:

i was refering to raed of course, not CA!!! :D

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
LOL it'll be gold if Madrid get Benzema, although to be honest I'd much rather Man Utd get him cause if they don't they might push for Aguero.

Nándor

:blowup: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :banghead::banghead::banghead:

MARCA confirm an agreement between L'OL and madrid over 35m € for benzema. madrid will make that deal official within the next hours. god i'm depressed if this actually is true...jarhead anelka joins madrid:sad:

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
Not my first choice, but not a bad signing either. You guys are not being rational about Benzema.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Can't wait to see bestita's reaction to this one!!! I'm looking forward to seeing Karim screwing up all of Koko & Cristina's pretty buildup play even more.

Not my first choice, but not a bad signing either. You guys are not being rational about Benzema.

He's possibly the most overrated player this decade. A poor man's Didier Drogba if ever there was one.

Warik

Can't wait to see bestita's reaction to this one!!! I'm looking forward to seeing Karim screwing up all of Koko & Cristina's pretty buildup play even more.

He'll score a couple on his debut, and almost everyone apart from Beast will wax lyrical about him and change their tune completely. Then when he eventually does fail they'll all act shocked as if they didn't see it coming. I can see Beast and a couple friends of mine being the only ones who never trusted him. Though if he keeps going well even Beast will be shaken.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
PPW is busy doing:

a) Painting his trailor
b) Cleaning his guns
c) Pruning his 'tashe
d) Trying to tie his shoelaces.

Nándor

Why god why... why why why ...

i hope i eat my words... i hope i eat a humble pie...

i hope this deal DIES in the last minute due to david villa forcing valencia/llorente to sell him to madrid, therefore madrid making an effort (as they said, they only would come back if valencia change their minds...villa can make them)

:sad: unlikely, but one can only hope :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans