Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hassan TPAH

by the way, why exactly are we after him... there is some (although perverse) logic to the first three signings... but why do we need him?? the only reasoning, as some have mentioned before is that we need speed up front with only higuain who is quicker than a snail... (negredo, hunter, ruud and raul... not really that quick)... but surely if we are unwilling to pay whatever it was for villa ... even half of that would be too much for benzema (despite his great advantage in number of years)...

B

Barca_mad

Just on sky sports now they said that lyon can confirm that they have accepted a bid from Real Madrid for Benzema

Hassan TPAH

so that means a few things

1) no villa for us... so open door for barca to make their front three even better than before...
2)two out of huntelaar, negredo and ruud to leave... meaning teams know they can buy them for less money than they are worth...
3) if we are gonna play a 4231 then higuain will have to play on one wing...
4) otherwise if we are gonna play a narrow 4222... then its either a repeat of the luxbox... or we will need two fucking good fullbacks... and we've got only one right now...
5) so much for buying only spanish
6) now we've spent upwards of 200mE... and we are still two players short... the predictions of doom by some cules might hold more water than gio's protestations....
7) there are going to be more egos in here than there were the last time the galactico project began to be derailed... and thi time it hasnt even started yet...
8) if, it all does even work out (less than 5% chance of that happening)... then we have either a team built for quite a few years OR by the time the guys are 26, 27 they'll have no hunger leading to a generation of ronaldinhos and ronaldo (altho you couldnt blame either of them for lack of hunger)...

Nándor

Aulas always denies denies denies then minutes later is signing the papers for the transfer. Happens all the time...

it wasn't aulas, but...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, just as i wanted to keep up the hope by stating it wasn't aulas but olivier blanc i hear that L'OL now have confirmed they accepted a 35m € bid from madrid :banghead:

ok, some thoughts. desperate times call for desperate thinking :D i wanna start with a question: how crazy is pérez??? crazy enough to still get david villa??? think about it for second before you start slaming me on this. benzema is only 21 and far from being an experienced player on club level. currently that would leave madrid with sort of a "baby frontline" => benzema & higuain 21, negredo 23 (if he stays) and huntelaar 25, with only raul being a proven striker on the highest level. the others are not yet there, unlike all other players pérez & co. have signed/are about to sign.

- milan is interested in huntelaar and they have first refusal.
- if madrid don't show up again, valencia have to sell to barca on the very very cheap, due to no challenging clubs and villa not willed to leave spain.
- madrid have a big advantage now considering, that if valencia sell to barca, it'll be not only on the cheap, but it would also leave valencia with no alternative striker, namely negredo or enough cash to get güiza.

my guess right now (possibly blinded by fake hope/wishfull thinking) is, benzema is a marketing signing first (refering to my earlier post about fifa10) and then one for the future after he gained his spot. there is no way he will be the starting striker ahead of higuain if it comes down to an unbiased sporting point of view.

Beast

The Observer
so that means a few things

1) no villa for us... so open door for barca to make their front three even better than before...
2)two out of huntelaar, negredo and ruud to leave... meaning teams know they can buy them for less money than they are worth...
3) if we are gonna play a 4231 then higuain will have to play on one wing...
4) otherwise if we are gonna play a narrow 4222... then its either a repeat of the luxbox... or we will need two fucking good fullbacks... and we've got only one right now...
5) so much for buying only spanish
6) now we've spent upwards of 200mE... and we are still two players short... the predictions of doom by some cules might hold more water than gio's protestations....
7) there are going to be more egos in here than there were the last time the galactico project began to be derailed... and thi time it hasnt even started yet...
8) if, it all does even work out (less than 5% chance of that happening)... then we have either a team built for quite a few years OR by the time the guys are 26, 27 they'll have no hunger leading to a generation of ronaldinhos and ronaldo (altho you couldnt blame either of them for lack of hunger)...

It also mean you are an idiot or a genius

- first 3 signings are good.. last one is questionable.. nevertheless we were in the market for a striker.. they just picked the wrong one ..

- Villa or Benzema we would reach those 200 Mil and we will still be 2 players short ..
- those 2 players are quite frankly Xabi and arbeloa .. which will take our total spending to 240 give or take
- we still need to know what happened on the Villa front since i'm 200000 % certain they have agreed personal terms with Villa
- it will also mean some of the previously leaving players (according to the press ) might be staying
- how on earth u managed to play Real with a narrow 4-2-2-2 is beyond me but you are a genius as usual .. maybe CR is an AM and we missed it ...
- more ego's then ever in the team no doubt as u said... remains to be seen .. but it's a very narrow edge we are walking on this team will either be the best ever in the history of football or the worst ever ... no doubt Barca great success has raised alarm bells in the Bernabeu
- with a lack of another winger i see Robben staying ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans