Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aRegularAce

my guess right now (possibly blinded by fake hope/wishfull thinking) is, benzema is a marketing signing first (refering to my earlier post about fifa10) and then one for the future after he gained his spot. there is no way he will be the starting striker ahead of higuain if it comes down to an unbiased sporting point of view.

Nah my guess is, benzema will lead the front line. You dont buy a high profile player + high transfer fee to put him on the bench.

Hassan TPAH

sorry about the 4222 part... that was the first thing that came to my head... i think it'd be rather similar to the 02/03 team with an AM and a winger (zz-figo -> kaka'-cron)...

also, would love to have xabi (looking unlikely) and arbeloa... somone mentioned before hand that torres is the same as arbeloa... i think that arbeloa is the better defender, and has the experience to stop the best... but him playing on the left would mean that ronaldo would play on the left in the abovementioned formation... cuz having kaka on that side (a la zidane) would mean that we reduce the width of the pitch by 20% by having two right footers who dont like th sideline on the left... so ronaldo on that side would be perhaps preferred with ramos providing the width outside jesusboy...
unless we play the 4231... in which case we'll have shitloads of unused strikers...

robben staying = more egos...

i am reminded of what ben side a few days back about everyone pulling in a different direction... an it is strange that we have not even been linked with a villareal player as yet... considering thats the only place in europe that pellegrini knows...which makes me worrisome about his input in the signings...
so in the space of a day, all the cules dreams and predicitions about the transfer window are comin true... the only thing left is for them lot to buy villa and then i'll jump off the 17th story...

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
After all the good work Higgy put in last season he has to benchwarm for Benzema unless they play him on the right wing and Cron on the left.

Beast

The Observer
yes that's why we have more kits then trophies MLK :wacko:
Nah my guess is, benzema will lead the front line. You dont buy a high profile player + high transfer fee to put him on the bench.

True, Nando forget those FM dreams.. right now there is no place for Villa ...
he will cost a little more then Benzema and the management thought he is not worth it.. a decision they might regret
we needed another speed forward beside Higuain and we got it.. come to terms with the truth

Hassan TPAH

still as i've been saying since i joined the forum... how bad really is this... benzema leading the line... kaka', higuain and ronaldo behind him... all four are goalscorers... and at least one of them is a hard presser... so is it just me and the idea sounds stupid to the rest of ya?

Beast

The Observer
sorry about the 4222 part... that was the first thing that came to my head... i think it'd be rather similar to the 02/03 team with an AM and a winger (zz-figo -> kaka'-cron)...

also, would love to have xabi (looking unlikely) and arbeloa... somone mentioned before hand that torres is the same as arbeloa... i think that arbeloa is the better defender, and has the experience to stop the best... but him playing on the left would mean that ronaldo would play on the left in the abovementioned formation... cuz having kaka on that side (a la zidane) would mean that we reduce the width of the pitch by 20% by having two right footers who dont like th sideline on the left... so ronaldo on that side would be perhaps preferred with ramos providing the width outside jesusboy...
unless we play the 4231... in which case we'll have shitloads of unused strikers...

robben staying = more egos...

i am reminded of what ben side a few days back about everyone pulling in a different direction... an it is strange that we have not even been linked with a villareal player as yet... considering thats the only place in europe that pellegrini knows...which makes me worrisome about his input in the signings...
so in the space of a day, all the cules dreams and predicitions about the transfer window are comin true... the only thing left is for them lot to buy villa and then i'll jump off the 17th story...

well it was only u and Meta who thought he would shop in Villarreal... Meta mentioned Capedevilla ... but i had no doubt we will not go there...
u have to give some credit to Pellegerini ... he managed to make something out of nothing in Villarreal.. the man is not just a good manager but a highly educated one and knows that what u do in Villarreal with 15 Mil Euro budget is different then what u do in Real .
i have no doubt he was behind the speedy forward.. simply because that's what he used in Villarreal

yep i mentioned the 03 formation a while ago with Marcelo doing a carlos and Kaka pushing inside as a fake winger while CR will do his idol role (Figo ).. while i don't see any chance of Arbeloa playing on the left.. it will be Arbeloa-Ramos-Albiol-Marcelo... with Albiol and Pepe benching each other and one of Metz or Garay benching ramos..

I know some cule's who are worried more now from Real then a month ago... i still see Benzema signing as a mistake but those people actually rate Karim
however if Barca signing Villa will make u suicidal .. then

COME ON BARCA SIGN VILLA

Hassan TPAH

thats just sad...

anyway, ramos at the centre makes sense... actually that team resembles the 02/03 team a lot... and that was probably the best madrid side i've seen so i dont mind...
the only question mark is over ramos, imo... is he good enough to be a CB yet... i mean, wouldnt it have been better to throw him there when things were a little more clear and stable...
also, we'd be missing out on his attacking aspects... i know that you dont rate his crossing, but he does provide more than marcelo or arbeloa or torres combined...

i would still have ramos out wide and arbeloa on the left... and switch the midfield from right to left...

Nándor

True, Nando forget those FM dreams.. right now there is no place for Villa ...he will cost a little more then Benzema and the management thought he is not worth it.. a decision they might regret
we needed another speed forward beside Higuain and we got it.. come to terms with the truth

this doesn't smell like FM to you already??? i honestly exclude NOTHING with pérez & co and their atempt to do the work of 3 years in 1. i'll wait and see what happens and how it ends once the transfer window closes before i make any sort of peace.

and selling huntelaar while including negredo in a deal for villa, thus having benzema, higuain, raul & villa as the 4 strikers, with raul basically dead meet until he realises it and retires is not THAT FAR feched IMO. especially not when you consider the FM-like movements and valdanos words before the benzema deal, that madrid have now signed 5 players (negredo, garay, albiol, kaka & CR) and that there are about the same still to come. all this has FM written all over, i won't jump into any DEFINITE conclusion until the transfer window closes.

meanwhile, albiol will be presented tomorrow evening. wonder if he too will be presented with a number. if so, it's probably the 2

Beast

The Observer
thats just sad...

anyway, ramos at the centre makes sense... actually that team resembles the 02/03 team a lot... and that was probably the best madrid side i've seen so i dont mind...
the only question mark is over ramos, imo... is he good enough to be a CB yet... i mean, wouldnt it have been better to throw him there when things were a little more clear and stable...
also, we'd be missing out on his attacking aspects... i know that you dont rate his crossing, but he does provide more than marcelo or arbeloa or torres combined...

i would still have ramos out wide and arbeloa on the left... and switch the midfield from right to left...

Yep it's sad u can imagine how i feel atm ...

the question is : is Ramos committed enough for the full back role ? he goes upfront a lot as a fb which is normal but sometimes (and lately many times in the last 4 month ) Ramos is too committed to attack he actually forget to track back
.. when he play as a CB he hold himself in comparison ... so i trust him with good guidance to be the real Hierro successor

i think whoever watched Spain Vs the US in the conf cup deep down said "Beast was right about Ramos crossing "

however i believe with such attacking team u need 3 full time committed defenders.. that's Ramos-Albiol and Arbeloa ... let Marcelo move forward..
this doesn't smell like FM to you already??? i honestly exclude NOTHING with pérez & co and their atempt to do the work of 3 years in 1. i'll wait and see what happens and how it ends once the transfer window closes before i make any sort of peace.

and selling huntelaar while including negredo in a deal for villa, thus having benzema, higuain, raul & villa as the 4 strikers, with raul basically dead meet until he realises it and retires is not THAT FAR feched IMO. especially not when you consider the FM-like movements and valdanos words before the benzema deal, that madrid have now signed 5 players (negredo, garay, albiol, kaka & CR) and that there are about the same still to come. all this has FM written all over, i won't jump into any DEFINITE conclusion until the transfer window closes.

meanwhile, albiol will be presented tomorrow evening. wonder if he too will be presented with a number. if so, it's probably the 2

ok how many times have we cried about lacking a playmaker and a right winger ?? all last year and the year before it..
we hit 2 fronts (marketing and quality players at the same time )
both Negredo & Garay cost us close to nothing Garay is ours since last season and his loan ended and Negredo buyback price of 5 million Euro is nothing

people were crying for defenders... we got 2 (and Canna left ) .. crying for Playmaker.. we got .. right winger we got it...

the issue is we got high quality in 2 positions... the only rip off was Benzema.. but he could serve me a nice humble pie (based on my record with French forwards ) ...

Villa now looks not needed at all... Pellegerini got his speedy forward and that's it ...we need players elsewhere.. atm Ribery is more valuable (if we really need another player upfront ) then 100 Villa

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
excuse me for a moment...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...okay, I'm back.

this isn't as bad as our hilarious reactions make it seem, he is a good player. really this is only so funny to me because beastie is the most vocal critic of benzema in the entire universe and now hasta put up with the kid as real's 9!

is ribery coming or what? bayern seem hellbent on keeping him and zizou has signed a frenchman for the front-line.

regarding numbers, I expect benzema will take the 10 and ronaldo the 9. just like his majesty didn't want the 5 and to be in zidane's shadow, ronaldo won't want the 10 to be in figo's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans