Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beef-supreme

Beast don't you think that RM will try to make an Eto'o of Benzema? Don't you think that there is an attempt here to mimic the Barca all-out attack philosophy? It's just a thought, but the reason I'm thinking this is because with the purchases of Ronaldo and Kaka, and then added to that Benzema, plus all the attack-minded players you already have, it's looking more and more like at least half of your starting XI will attack 90% of the time. So one way to compensate for this may be to get a physically strong and poacher-like forward in the form of Benzema. Both Eto'o and Benzema run a lot, neither have particularly excellent touches, both are quite predatory. Neither are the typical no. 9. Benzema also isn't the typical RM forward either. I can even imagine Madrid lining up with a

Kaká - DM - Sneijder
Robben/Ribéry - Benzema - Cronaldo

Alternatively, if Sneijder leaves, then Cronaldo could possibly move back there and Higuaín come up to the left.
It's just a thought, but for this to work RVN and most likely Huntelaar would be sold, with Higuaín and Raúl rotating the front three.

Beast

The Observer
I see that a few minor U-Turns are beginning to occur on here.

Noticing Beast?

i have to live with him for couple of years now.. it like u go on a blind date and there she is.. the most hated girl in your school and u have to sit for 3-4 hours faking conversation ...
i will support him as a RM player.. normally .. but can't say i'm happy about the signing or the rip off .. and deep down i hope i eat a humble pie and come here in a year to say .. i was dead wrong about him .. but until further notice or proof .. my point about how overrated Benzema is still stand strong with a solid proof ..

Beast don't you think that RM will try to make an Eto'o of Benzema? Don't you think that there is an attempt here to mimic the Barca all-out attack philosophy? It's just a thought, but the reason I'm thinking this is because with the purchases of Ronaldo and Kaka, and then added to that Benzema, plus all the attack-minded players you already have, it's looking more and more like at least half of your starting XI will attack 90% of the time. So one way to compensate for this may be to get a physically strong and poacher-like forward in the form of Benzema. Both Eto'o and Benzema run a lot, neither have particularly excellent touches, both are quite predatory. Neither are the typical no. 9. Benzema also isn't the typical RM forward either. I can even imagine Madrid lining up with a

Kaká - DM - Sneijder
Robben/Ribéry - Benzema - Cronaldo

Alternatively, if Sneijder leaves, then Cronaldo could possibly move back there and Higuaín come up to the left.
It's just a thought, but for this to work RVN and most likely Huntelaar would be sold, with Higuaín and Raúl rotating the front three.

interesting theory Beef... but i do think Real are reincarnating the first galacticos of this millennium more then anything .. hell we even got the new Anelka :angry:

i don't see Real deploying 4-3-3 tbh .. all indication that 4 top forwards will be available points towards a more 4-1-3-2 Real Madrid formation

Nándor

ok how many times have we cried about lacking a playmaker and a right winger ?? all last year and the year before it..
we hit 2 fronts (marketing and quality players at the same time )
both Negredo & Garay cost us close to nothing Garay is ours since last season and his loan ended and Negredo buyback price of 5 million Euro is nothing

people were crying for defenders... we got 2 (and Canna left ) .. crying for Playmaker.. we got .. right winger we got it...

the issue is we got high quality in 2 positions... the only rip off was Benzema.. but he could serve me a nice humble pie (based on my record with French forwards ) ...

Villa now looks not needed at all... Pellegerini got his speedy forward and that's it ...we need players elsewhere.. atm Ribery is more valuable (if we really need another player upfront ) then 100 Villa

look, i'm not trying to piss you off or fall into any state of insanity or claim this is all gonna happen, with all players meantioned arriving or all togther. but it's not all about the need IMO...given, the 2 crack signings were very much needed in deed!!! but come on, signing kaka' & CR + benzema + alledgedly 4-5 players more of international caliber in only one summer definitly makes this FM alike, regardless of the need.

but back to the need. if you look at the remaining players in madrids sight, it's hardly about the need anymore...

- ribéry => there's still robben
- xabi alonso => there's still gago, javi garcia, lass & m. diarra
- arbeloa => enough defenders there already, no need for a fake LB or forcing ramos in the middle
- silva => there's still robben or could be ribéry instead
etc...

honestly, the need is covered with kaka' & CR. the rest is more about improving your options, getting significantly more spanish flavor and getting rid of dead meet and/or dutchies.
now, you are 100% convinced pellegrini has his hands in the speedy striker part. you got a point there. but currently, only 2 (higuain & benzema) out of 5 strikers provide that. if the chance of further improvement is there, it's not over till it's over ;)

regarding numbers, I expect benzema will take the 10 and ronaldo the 9. just like his majesty didn't want the 5 and to be in zidane's shadow, ronaldo won't want the 10 to be in figo's.

if jarhead anelka gets puskás' no. 10, that's the straw that breaks the camels back for me :sad:

in fact it had been rumored that CR is aiming for figos no. 10 cause he is his idol. could also be the reason why kaka' as a pure no. 10 playmaker didn't chose that number.

kaka' => 8
CR => 10
jarhead anelka => 9
albiol => 2

my guess

Evil

Shabazz
.... How you guys can afford to go shopping with an open budget, while we, who won the treble have a 30-40M Euro Budget is beyond me. Something fishy going on here. That's 190M Euro excluding Albiol, and you guys aren't done yet. And people were saying Manchester City will ruin football ?! :thumbdown:

beef-supreme

interesting theory Beef... but i do think Real are reincarnating the first galacticos of this millennium more then anything .. hell we even got the new Anelka :angry:

i don't see Real deploying 4-3-3 tbh .. all indication that 4 top forwards will be available points towards a more 4-1-3-2 Real Madrid formation

Yeah it probably will happen that way, but the signing of Benzema surprised me quite a bit. I would have envisaged Villa fitting better into Madrid's system, and this new signing made me rethink Madrid's intentions.
But knowing Pellegrini + Real's general formations, a 4-3-3 is unlikely. I assume Cronaldo would be an AM in the 4-1-3-2.

.... How you guys can afford to go shopping with an open budget, while we, who won the treble have a 30-40M Euro Budget is beyond me. Something fishy going on here. That's 190M Euro excluding Albiol, and you guys aren't done yet. And people were saying Manchester City will ruin football ?! :thumbdown:

Tbh I think it's quite funny. It's absolutely bizarre that a football club should throw this much cash around, they could have bought Newcastle and more for this much money..
I also like it because of the attention La Liga is getting!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

"something fishy" = real madrid taking loans out from banks to finance this crazy transfer spree.

we have more than €30m to spend ffs. it's a plot to dampen expectations because otherwise people will demand real-esque fees from us and we have to operate to a sane profitable business model.

Galning

benzema is the best forward in the past 25 years...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Banks,banks,Spanish money,banks,banks...Spanish money, banks, banks.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Tbh I think it's quite funny. It's absolutely bizarre that a football club should throw this much cash around, they could have bought Newcastle and more for this much money..
I also like it because of the attention La Liga is getting!

What do you think they would have benifeted if they had purchased Newcastle? Absolutley nothing! lol

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
You really expect them to win the CL? it'll be a sad day in football when money buys you the CL trophy.

E

Esteve

Madrid won't win the CL next year. I'll say that now without any doubts. It won't happen. Sorry. End of.

To add to my negative comment, I'll ask for your thoughts on this, Beast:

I'm pretty sure I've read some comments of yours where you have complained about Raúl. I was speaking to a United supporter earlier who was quick to tell me how Raúl is far from being past it & because of his movement (forget his lack of pace etc.), would be worth €30 million if Real Madrid were to sell him. He also told me to ask any Madridista as they would tell me the same. Well, I chose not to argue as I thought a good laugh would be enough to settle the case. So, your thoughts on the Manc's opinion? :)

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
What the hell is this? Seriously?

I don't think I have ever felt as disconnected to the club as I do today with the signing of Benzema. I don't think I have been as disappointed in our management since the day we told Hierro to leave (which was more gutting than seeing Del Bosque and Makalele leave).

I do not identify with the club that I once knew. I really don't. I, sincerely hope, with all my love and appreciation for the club and for the sake of those years that I have enjoyed Real Madrid's success and bared with the failure that when all the dust settles down, I can still recognize the club that I love. I hope I can regain my silly optimism, but at the moment, I feel gutted. I am so angry.

I may be over reacting but all this piling up of unfortunate events is killing me from the inside. To learn that absolutely no one was able to stand up to Perez really did hurt me, considering this is a democratically run club, we ended up with no elections, no choice, we have been stripped of our right to vote and choose. Perez played within the rules, fair and square and I do understand that in order to get out of the mess we are in, we needed a strong personality. But we could not hold a democratic vote.

To learn that we have acquired the services of C. Ronaldo for an unprecedented fee after having to spend 65 million on Kaka was absolutely gutting. We have been warned indeed, and we have been told that we will spend a lot, and while we cannot blame Perez for this deal, these feelings I have do not start with Perez but with the idiocy of Calderon and Perez from before him. Perez or Calderon or whoever the fuck is or was running the decisions, I thought a democratic club listens to the fans. Clearly, polls did not want Ronaldo at the club, clearly there were preferred options. Ones who for better or worse, at least the fans can connect to those players.

Karim Benzema might very well score over 20 goals in his first season, he might be spectacular but where is the Spanish? Where are our Castilla? I have already conceded the fact that this whole Spanish/Castilla idea is nothing but mere lies and a farce. Why have we been so cheap towards our own identity yet spend lavishly on foreigners? What is our identity? Ok, we did buy a Spanish defender and recalled one of our own, but where is the respect to the players who have saturated the club's shirt with color in the palest of times? What has Benzema proven over The Hunt (who cost us 27 million euros)? What more does Higuain have to do to command a starting position? Why bring back Negredo when Raul will remain ahead of him? Why does Gago get his number stripped away for another player? I love Kaka and all, but was he there when Capello won us the first league in three years? Was Kaka there in Gago's place when we won the second league with a record breaking number of points? Gago fought a losing battle but never uttered a word. Been benched, subject to criticism, yet not once, ONCE, did he ever complain. Casillas made one mistake his entire career with Real Madrid, went off form under Schuster for a few weeks, yet saved this club in unparalleled ways, yet no one seems to give his words any weight. Wasn't this Di Stefano's model that the whole club was built upon? The colors of the shirt are only apparent by the sweat of the players who work hard, day in day out?

Where the hell is this club going? I lost track. I can't make any sense of it. Someone please tell me I am wrong and prove me wrong and help clear this ever condensing fog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans