Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snyde

Well tbh Raed that's what happens when a guy who was forced to resign is hailed as the messiah and gets elected unopposed.

Beast

The Observer
Madrid won't win the CL next year. I'll say that now without any doubts. It won't happen. Sorry. End of.

To add to my negative comment, I'll ask for your thoughts on this, Beast:

I'm pretty sure I've read some comments of yours where you have complained about Raúl. I was speaking to a United supporter earlier who was quick to tell me how Raúl is far from being past it & because of his movement (forget his lack of pace etc.), would be worth €30 million if Real Madrid were to sell him. He also told me to ask any Madridista as they would tell me the same. Well, I chose not to argue as I thought a good laugh would be enough to settle the case. So, your thoughts on the Manc's opinion? :)

the reason Raul scored as much as he did this year is due to his movement and forced game time ... no one deny Raul is probably one of the smartest footballers outthere ... he don't have pace, dribbling skills,long shots ..but he is smart and always think a minute ahead of the defenders.. he sneak goals in .. no one can deny him that..
but football nowadays require much more from the forward then this cause the defense improved and the technical abilities of the defenders is much greater now then before..
if you watch Liverpool- Real CL tie u will know what i mean.. he did nothing..

He was offered a big amount from Citeh (Despite City denying it .. there is no doubt Raul is not someone who lies and i do trust that .. and i do see how many times Citeh has tabled a bid and denied in public after a public humiliation from the players -see kaka - )

the thing is Raul like his previous no 7 and before him are a club man.. a one club man it's like saying Del Piero or Maldini will move and play somewhere else...
it's down to Raul to refuse .. if someone put a 20 Million offer for Raul and he agree the club will tell him :wave:

your friend is deluded and possibly influenced by SAF big and public admiration for Raul

What the hell is this? Seriously?

I don't think I have ever felt as disconnected to the club as I do today with the signing of Benzema. I don't think I have been as disappointed in our management since the day we told Hierro to leave (which was more gutting than seeing Del Bosque and Makalele leave).

I do not identify with the club that I once knew. I really don't. I, sincerely hope, with all my love and appreciation for the club and for the sake of those years that I have enjoyed Real Madrid's success and bared with the failure that when all the dust settles down, I can still recognize the club that I love. I hope I can regain my silly optimism, but at the moment, I feel gutted. I am so angry.

I may be over reacting but all this piling up of unfortunate events is killing me from the inside. To learn that absolutely no one was able to stand up to Perez really did hurt me, considering this is a democratically run club, we ended up with no elections, no choice, we have been stripped of our right to vote and choose. Perez played within the rules, fair and square and I do understand that in order to get out of the mess we are in, we needed a strong personality. But we could not hold a democratic vote.

To learn that we have acquired the services of C. Ronaldo for an unprecedented fee after having to spend 65 million on Kaka was absolutely gutting. We have been warned indeed, and we have been told that we will spend a lot, and while we cannot blame Perez for this deal, these feelings I have do not start with Perez but with the idiocy of Calderon and Perez from before him. Perez or Calderon or whoever the fuck is or was running the decisions, I thought a democratic club listens to the fans. Clearly, polls did not want Ronaldo at the club, clearly there were preferred options. Ones who for better or worse, at least the fans can connect to those players.

Karim Benzema might very well score over 20 goals in his first season, he might be spectacular but where is the Spanish? Where are our Castilla? I have already conceded the fact that this whole Spanish/Castilla idea is nothing but mere lies and a farce. Why have we been so cheap towards our own identity yet spend lavishly on foreigners? What is our identity? Ok, we did buy a Spanish defender and recalled one of our own, but where is the respect to the players who have saturated the club's shirt with color in the palest of times? What has Benzema proven over The Hunt (who cost us 27 million euros)? What more does Higuain have to do to command a starting position? Why bring back Negredo when Raul will remain ahead of him? Why does Gago get his number stripped away for another player? I love Kaka and all, but was he there when Capello won us the first league in three years? Was Kaka there in Gago's place when we won the second league with a record breaking number of points? Gago fought a losing battle but never uttered a word. Been benched, subject to criticism, yet not once, ONCE, did he ever complain. Casillas made one mistake his entire career with Real Madrid, went off form under Schuster for a few weeks, yet saved this club in unparalleled ways, yet no one seems to give his words any weight. Wasn't this Di Stefano's model that the whole club was built upon? The colors of the shirt are only apparent by the sweat of the players who work hard, day in day out?

Where the hell is this club going? I lost track. I can't make any sense of it. Someone please tell me I am wrong and prove me wrong and help clear this ever condensing fog.

you are wrong , happy now ?

look senor .. the Club will host the final of the CL in the Bernabeu ... i will repeat it again Real need the 10th , want the 10 th , crave the 10th

as u said he (Perez ) was clear from the start
" in order to regain the lost time we will have to spend in one summer what we spend in 3 seasons "

which means what you see now and possibly we won't have any new signing after this season for quite some time
... ok i'm known to be Benzema biggest hater around forums .. but i don't expect people to be overreacting and going backwards

you mention Castilla ... will that mean u would stfu :p if they get Villa instead ? is Villa a castilla ?
just because we want spanish flavor doesn't mean u pay whatever the others want and hold u ransom ..Villa is brilliant and better much better then Benzema .. but paying 45 Million for a 28/29 year old is stupid a good offer was 30 + Negredo or even 32 + Negredo ..not more IMHO

u must open up a little bit and look @ the big picture ..maybe read this thread and other people thoughts .. we mentioned SAF words before our liverpool game
"Real Madrid lack pace to cause any damage in Europe " and the man was right

.. we looked like an old man.. Pellegerini play with fast forwards it was as clear as daylight that was the reason behind our aim for Villa

i will repeat what i told Hassan .. what the fuss is the difference between yesterday and today ? it's that overrated Benzema .. neither Kaka,CR or Albiol was a waste of money or a luxury (u had better option ) player ..

and then u talk crap about Gago.. Gago was the worst DM and one of the worst players in all big games if not the worst by far .
u want a local player to satisfy a criteria ? no you want someone who know how to play .. Gago is a weak link with Real and with Argentina he should not just be stripped of his number but also sold..

his record with Real is poor so far.. he could be a superstar in other team but for a team looking to compete with the likes of Barca,Man U ..etc gago is too slow to even pass the ball .. (refer to liverpool 2 leg tie, Barca ,Valencia..etc games )
and please don't talk about the fans when you don't follow the public opinion

that the public opinion on Gago

49 % want him to stay ... a tie with Raul
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php?p=37856&highlight=Marca+poll#post37856

when Gago play all these games and still come behind a player like Metzelder or Codina it tells u a lot

regarding Huntelaar , Ruud and Negredo (i excluded Raul cause he is the captain ) .. all have 2 things in common.. all are pure number 9's and all are considerably slow ..u can only keep 1 of them and who said Higuain will be benched ?? where do u come up with such stories ? there isn't a single article or rumor that X or Y are buying Higuain or the club intent to sell him
you don't keep 4 forwards to play with a single forward right ?
Benzema-Higuain-Raul and one of Ruud-Huntelaar-Negredo .. it doesn't take a much thinking 2 of the remaining links for Real are spanish .. Xabi-Arebloa and Ribery ...
that would mean 5 or 6 of your starting 11 are Spanish indeed

so as a punishment :)D friendly one ) Raed go read Valdano interview here

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php?p=56434&highlight=Marca+poll#post56434

and from it to quote the strong man in Real
--------------------------

“Florentino and I made a lot of errors, it is necessary to admit that fact. At that time, we had a slogan that became a guide for us, which was ‘Zidanes y Pavones’.

“I believe we made the mistake of trying to mature the young lads without giving them time. The boys went from Segunda B straight to the first team without intermediate experience.

“In contrast, a good example now would be [Alvaro] Negredo, who can return to us with a lot of experience having played a good number of La Liga games.”

------------------------

You really expect them to win the CL? it'll be a sad day in football when money buys you the CL trophy.

Money never buy you a trophy... if that's the case Chelsea (and now city ) would have won it all... don't try to take your frustration by talking without measuring your words mate..
buying players is always something will happen in football... u don't buy trophies..
saying money buys you trophy just because we bought players means you go ahead and strip everyone from their trophies including your own .. cause the last time you won the CL with Dinho most of your starters were bought...
i understand Cule's frustration from our signing & their club lack of .. but lets be sensible a little bit mate

S

Snyde

Cule's frustration?

:lol:

I think we'd be enjoying a good drama series with all your Galaticegos creating havoc after a bad string of results. Oh and your massive debt!

Beast

The Observer
Cule's frustration?

:lol:

I think we'd be enjoying a good drama series with all your Galaticegos creating havoc after a bad string of results. Oh and your massive debt!

well like or not .. some of u guys are worried.. u can sense the hostility from some lately ..;)

I think the current drama in in Barcelona atm ... we are just thinking about how the team will shape up ...

Marca reported today that we could be placing a bid for Silva...

that's what i was worried about... getting Benzema will eventually drop Ribery and head for a Spanish replacement .. Ribery > Silva

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
you are wrong , happy now ?

as soon as i stepped out of my home to bring my brother back from work i felt better when i had time to recoup everything.

look senor .. The club will host the final of the cl in the bernabeu ... I will repeat it again real need the 10th , want the 10 th , crave the 10th
i know, i want it more than ever, and i thought about the 10th cl title when i also left home. At the end of the day, i still wanted it at home no matter what.

as u said he (perez ) was clear from the start
" in order to regain the lost time we will have to spend in one summer what we spend in 3 seasons "

which means what you see now and possibly we won't have any new signing after this season for quite some time
:d come on, take another look at the name of our president...
... Ok i'm known to be benzema biggest hater around forums .. But i don't expect people to be overreacting and going backwards
how am i going backwards? I may be overracting but i have my reasons. My dislike for benzema does not stem from his footballing abilities but from his lack of proof vs his inflated reputation.

you mention castilla ... Will that mean u would stfu :p if they get villa instead ? Is villa a castilla ?
look, i am not stupid, and i am not expecting to have a team that is mostly castilla, but two things: I don't want them burnt or careers wasted. Two, what i don't understand is that we have established two theories as to why we don't see castilla in our team. The first being is one generation did suck (mejia, pavon) and the other breeded players which were already covered. What really did not make sense was, how do you recall back a striker and bring in another one when we already have 2 and an oldie?

I mentioned spanish along with castilla as well. So bringing in villa would have at least stayed true to what we have been promised.

just because we want spanish flavor doesn't mean u pay whatever the others want and hold u ransom ..villa is brilliant and better much better then benzema .. But paying 45 million for a 28/29 year old is stupid a good offer was 30 + negredo or even 32 + negredo ..not more imho
david villa is 27. While david villa is expensive and i admit to that, benzema's price is not justified. One thing i do concede however is that we will not be playing games

u must open up a little bit and look @ the big picture ..maybe read this thread and other people thoughts .. We mentioned saf words before our liverpool game
"real madrid lack pace to cause any damage in europe " and the man was right

tactically a lot of things went wrong for us. Pinning it down on speed is vague. Not only we lacked any pace up front, the biggest problem in all our games is that we did not have a midfield. We have a much better midfield with a lot of mobile players now.

.. We looked like an old man.. Pellegerini play with fast forwards it was as clear as daylight that was the reason behind our aim for villa
i can't complain about better qualities, but it seemed we took decisions way too fast and i only fear it is at the expense of others or other things

i will repeat what i told hassan .. What the fuss is the difference between yesterday and today ? It's that overrated benzema .. Neither kaka,cr or albiol was a waste of money or a luxury (u had better option ) player ..

yesterday, is like today. I freaked out because i have not heard or read anything about pellegrini's plans. While i see one more player coming in, in a saturated department.

Coming to think of it, it just might work if we do not buy anyone for the left side and use higuain there in both systems. With the hunt and negredo coming in as subs.

benzema
higuain kaka ronaldo
diarra? M diarra
marcelo albiol pepe ramos

or

benzema higuain
left winger kaka ronaldo
diarra
defense

and then u talk crap about gago.. Gago was the worst dm and one of the worst players in all big games if not the worst by far .
U want a local player to satisfy a criteria ? No you want someone who know how to play .. Gago is a weak link with real and with argentina he should not just be stripped of his number but also sold..
no, i disagree, ship him off before you strip him off his number. No, i do not want to see him run over again like this again, it would be my nightmare but i completely hated how he was singled out and treated like garbage. Sorry, i do not agree with you one bit on this matter, performance aside.

his record with real is poor so far.. He could be a superstar in other team but for a team looking to compete with the likes of barca,man u ..etc gago is too slow to even pass the ball .. (refer to liverpool 2 leg tie, barca ,valencia..etc games )
and please don't talk about the fans when you don't follow the public opinion

that the public opinion on gago

49 % want him to stay ... A tie with raul
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php?p=37856&highlight=marca+poll#post37856

when gago play all these games and still come behind a player like metzelder or codina it tells u a lot
it tells me that he has not performed up to task and that is fine. You want an upgrade, you can go it given his garbage last season which i admitted to, but you cannot take away from him 1.5 very good seasons for a very young boy. My discontent with the club's behavior was down to the fact that valdano singled him out in matches were the whole team played so shit beast...i thought it was unfair, and i thought it was unfair to strip him of his number...that is unless he really wanted #5, then that is another case which i don't believe.

regarding huntelaar , ruud and negredo (i excluded raul cause he is the captain ) .. All have 2 things in common.. All are pure number 9's and all are considerably slow ..u can only keep 1 of them and who said higuain will be benched ?? Where do u come up with such stories ? There isn't a single article or rumor that x or y are buying higuain or the club intent to sell him
you don't keep 4 forwards to play with a single forward right ?
funny thing is that i forgot about ruud.
Say we play 4 4 2, how would your partner them up? Higgie and benzema play in the same position interchangbly with the mentioned number 9s play interchangebly? Is paying 30 million for a sub worth it? Or do we play both higgie and benzema at the same time? Then the hunt with raul and negredo on the bench?

I hope when everything is underway everything turns out to the best and we do get the 10th cl, but there seems to be a little too much of waste...unless we sell the hunt...

benzema-higuain-raul and one of ruud-huntelaar-negredo .. It doesn't take a much thinking 2 of the remaining links for real are spanish .. Xabi-arebloa and ribery ...
That would mean 5 or 6 of your starting 11 are spanish indeed

well then, i did not take into account selling hunterlaar or negredo when i posted my reply, it is really sad to see one of them leave, especially for someone else who i do not rate very highly and priced as much as his reputation is inflated...

so as a punishment :)d friendly one ) raed go read valdano interview here

:beer2: Friendly as always..
Haha, i read it a long time ago, which is what angered me the most to be honest...i am being too defensive here and i felt too threatened by benzema...

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php?p=56434&highlight=marca+poll#post56434

and from it to quote the strong man in real
--------------------------

“florentino and i made a lot of errors, it is necessary to admit that fact. At that time, we had a slogan that became a guide for us, which was ‘zidanes y pavones’.

“i believe we made the mistake of trying to mature the young lads without giving them time. The boys went from segunda b straight to the first team without intermediate experience.

“in contrast, a good example now would be [alvaro] negredo, who can return to us with a lot of experience having played a good number of la liga games.”

we will wait and see...still not convinced, and this season will probably be the most bitter sweet season so far...

hala madrid

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Silva is a lot younger though and could get to Ribery's level by the time he reaches Ribery's age.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
well like or not .. some of u guys are worried.. u can sense the hostility from some lately ..;)

I think the current drama in in Barcelona atm ... we are just thinking about how the team will shape up ...

Marca reported today that we could be placing a bid for Silva...

that's what i was worried about... getting Benzema will eventually drop Ribery and head for a Spanish replacement .. Ribery > Silva
Arguably....

Depending on how you look at things...Silva plays more of a LCM, which could balance Ronaldo's and Kaka's love to run forward...he could help control the tempo with his passes....his more static movement will allow kaka space to run into on the flanks by playing a withdrawn role and provide support...

whereas ribery is another player who loves to keep possession of the ball and run with it on the flank the same way kaka does...

Nándor

great how a night of sleep can make things look a little less dark!!! i've been thinking and actually am kinda happy with jarhead anelka. i still haven't changed my mind on him as being overrated etc...and i'm still very very sad that david villa is 95% out of the question and a barca player. that won't change for a long time, especially not once i see him in blaugrana and bang in goals for barca. HOWEVER, the reason why i like this signing now is simple and goes by the name of: NEGREDO!!!

i've come to realise, that if david villa would have joined, negredo would have been the price. going for jarhead anelka instead however means to keep negredo and put faith into a spaniard that came out of la cantera!!!
so in fact, instead of david villa, madrid have signed benzema & negredo => very good deal

reading todays papers, i kinda was confrimed. AS claim, pérez & valdano are very clear on the fact, that should they achieve selling ruud & huntelaar, negredo will stay...and they want him to stay!!! bye bye hunter, you'll be great, but as i said many times before, between you and negredo, i take negredo without thinking twice.

maybe this will help raed and anser his question what they were thinking => benzema & negredo as no. 9s, higuain & raul as SS is what's in pérez' & valdanos mind

meanwhile, ribéry has declaired he made his decision and he wants to leave, with destination real madrid or nowhere.
MARCA claim, real are going after david silva now, once the almost done deals for arbeloa & xabi alonso are sealed.
all in all, it looks like at least 3 more players are about to come, maybe even 4

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Madrid have now spent €219 million (not including signing on fee's!) and they haven't stopped yet. They will still sign Xabi Alonso later in the month for around €30mil and they are looking to buy Silva for €25mil.

One good thing is that they now won't be able to buy Ribery, who was the only player I really feared they would get. Real Madrid are officially the new Chelski in La Liga. Very classy. I am looking forward to seeing Pellegrini but this mess together adn how the club are going to offload the Dutch players.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
picking in on raed's team:

benzema - higuain
left winger - kaka - ronaldo
diarra
defense

i don't think this would ever work as a team

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
CRgay won't pass the ball, imagine Robben and him on the same pitch! They will be some seriously pissed off people out there!

CRgay is in trouble for hurting a child in Portugal, although the report is in Sport so take it with a pinch of salt.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Money never buy you a trophy... if that's the case Chelsea (and now city ) would have won it all... don't try to take your frustration by talking without measuring your words mate..
buying players is always something will happen in football... u don't buy trophies..
saying money buys you trophy just because we bought players means you go ahead and strip everyone from their trophies including your own .. cause the last time you won the CL with Dinho most of your starters were bought...
i understand Cule's frustration from our signing & their club lack of .. but lets be sensible a little bit mate

:lol: Frustration? look man i mean no disrespect and all but the signings you've made so far which have cost you near 200M.. Only Albiol IMO has been a good one. We've yet to sign any players because we're using our heads in the transfer market not our wallets.
Good luck in europe though

Nándor

CRgay is in trouble for hurting a child in Portugal, although the report is in Sport so take it with a pinch of salt.

they brought it here on TV news...the headline is very dramatic. what happened was CR got pissed cause of a paprazzi. apperently they molested his mother somehow, since CR said he won't allow his mother to be molested. he therfore went crazy and damaged the paps car door. the class got broken and some little piece hit a girl that was standing a few meters away. end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans