Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Aren`t you forgetting someone?

raulframed.jpg

Not quite a museum material yet though.

:lol:

u know what i'm saving this to my computer ...

I don't think Raul will cause a problem this season.. watch out for some phantom injury mid season

Nándor

valdano just said the day before yesterday in an interview, that he believes neither raul nore guti will cause any sort of problem!!!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
beast, this is one for you!!! you had a feeling months ago...

Real Madrid Could Turn To Nike If €60m Demand From Adidas Falls Through
Florentino Perez is now hoping to work his negotiation magic off the football pitch…

Real Madrid have reportedly requested a meeting with shirt manufacturers, Adidas to conduct talks regarding a contract improvement.

According to El Pais, the ‘White House’ now wants the agreement between the pair to be extended to 2012 and for the revenue to be increased from €30 million to €60 million per year.

President, Florentino Perez is aware that following the arrivals of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo, the club will have plenty of room to bargain and the paper also reports that if Adidas decline to enhance their sponsorship deal, Madrid would approach rivals, Nike.

Los Blancos also have several other major sponsors including Coca-Cola, Audi, Bwin and Telefonica and collectively they contribute about a third (€130m) of the club’s annual income, believed to be €400m.

El Pais has speculated that Perez is now aiming for an yearly turnover of €500m in order to cope with the huge salary demands of the latest batch of Galacticos.

The supremo had allegedly told Adidas director, Herbert Hainer, “We are the best club in the world,” but the German sports giants are actually hoping to enter negotiations to downgrade the contract due to the economic crisis.

As I said previously, you will have a tough time renegotiating the contracts you're tied into because the companies have very little motivation to renegotiate when you're tied in. Obviously out of sheer desperation (because the numbers don't stack up) you're now threatening to jump ship to Nike but I can't see how that will work because you'd have to pay a massive penalty fee to Adidas for breach of contract.

Beast

The Observer
As I said previously, you will have a tough time renegotiating the contracts you're tied into because the companies have very little motivation to renegotiate when you're tied in. Obviously out of sheer desperation (because the numbers don't stack up) you're now threatening to jump ship to Nike but I can't see how that will work because you'd have to pay a massive penalty fee to Adidas for breach of contract.

I'll tend to wait , Perez is a very shrewd negotiator as proven more then once...

Adidas cannot afford losing it's no 1 brand ...
no one knows what's in the contract or the clause but i'm quite sure they won't threaten Adidas without their basis covered

Nándor

what main players are there at madrid currently and about to come that play adidas or nike??? (i don't pay that much attention to that matter, therefore i have to ask)

adidas:

- kaka'
- raul
- benzema
- xabi alonso???
- ???

nike:

- c. ronaldo
- ribéry
- ???

well, looks pretty much like a tie so far with regards to players. i hope in the end adidas see they can't lose real madrid to nike. who knows, maybe adidas can convince c. ronaldo & ribéry to switch brand :lol: that certainly would cover the extra money :lol:

Beast

The Observer
most not all ...

it would be stupid ... players like Sneijder could do great with such team... sadly i don't think he want to be a bench player he deserve much more ..

VDV can fuck off ... Ruud problem is his injury and Hunter like Sneijder deserve a starting place..

Nándor

VDV, sneijder, robben, hunter, drenthe & ruud...that's the dutch contingent. so far, drenthe is off to fiorentina. the hunter looks like he's off to milan. robben had already been told he won't be registered next season, so basically already off as well. ruud, as you say is a problem with his injury. not to meantion he has no place. that leaves VDV & sneijder. despite sneijder continuing to block any move away from madrid, i think he'll leave in the end in order to play the WC next year. destination most likely being bayern, together with VDV in exchange for ribéry.

no more dutchies left!!! the only one causing a problem could actually be sneijder. but the rest is as good as gone. so, in the end, really ALL dutchies could be gone

Beast

The Observer
VDV, sneijder, robben, hunter, drenthe & ruud...that's the dutch contingent. so far, drenthe is off to fiorentina. the hunter looks like he's off to milan. robben had already been told he won't be registered next season, so basically already off as well. ruud, as you say is a problem with his injury. not to meantion he has no place. that leaves VDV & sneijder. despite sneijder continuing to block any move away from madrid, i think he'll leave in the end in order to play the WC next year. destination most likely being bayern, together with VDV in exchange for ribéry.

no more dutchies left!!! the only one causing a problem could actually be sneijder. but the rest is as good as gone. so, in the end, really ALL dutchies could be gone

well according to Perez rare interview today he said 2 will arrive and 10 will go...

i think those 2 could be Arbeloa + Xabi or a LW...

Robben could be one those staying in case the financial demands are a lot.. although out of the possible arrivals only Xabi looks not needed at all due to the large number of players in his position who are good enough to do the job

10 out IMHO
1- Salgado
2- Ruud
3- Huntelaar
4- drenthe
5- VDV
6 -Metezlder and/or Garay (in case or Arbeloa arrival )
7- Robben and/or Sneijder (in case of Silva or Ribery arrival )
8- Gago and/or Diarra (in case of Xabi arrival )
9 - for the OR player in case of new arrivals
10- same as above

Nándor

i read that interview...however i posted some pages before, that valdano was talking about another 3-4 players!!! with more spanish players arriving. my guess was

- david silva (midfield allrounder, plays as playmaker as well as left wing...perfect sub)
- xabi alonso (NO ONE in the current squad has his deep lying playmaker abilities)
- arbeloa (defensive allrounder. though with marcano to villareal he'll be the LB first IMO)
- ribéry (pérez third galactico and fourth mayor signing)

since valdano is the one in charge with regards to that, i'll stick with his words, rather than with pérez' OPINION.

Nándor

if sneijder & VDV (the 2 remaining offensive playmakers) leave, it'll probably be both due to silvas allrounder qualities. he'll be the no.1 sub for either ribéry or kaka'.

if one of them stays, it's probably only ribéry. cause i can't see him rebel like he does without being sure madrid will move for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans