Beast

The Observer
Van Der Vaart (Hamburg /Galatasary )
Sneijder (Inter/B Munich )
M Diarra (Juve)
Drenthe (Fiorentina )
Huntelaar (Stuttgart )
Robben
Ruud Van Nistelrooy Or Negredo (or both )
Heinze (PSG/Spurs )
Metzelder (Hertha Berlin/Beskitas )

that's AS speculation of the 10 players leaving

Beast

The Observer
marca speculating on a price of 35 mil for Alonso. i don't think pool will let him go for that price

Yep according to Rafa biographer and defender Balague :

Final Real bid for Alonso falls short

Real Madrid insist that they have made their final offer for Xabi Alonso, around €8 million short of the minimum fee Liverpool are prepared to accept...

Sources at the Spanish club have revealed that Real had made an initial €24 million bid for Alonso and subsequently increased their offer to €27 million. Real Madrid informed Liverpool of their latest offer by fax and set a deadline of last Thursday for the Premiership club to accept the bid.

Despite this, Liverpool had expected another, higher bid from the Bernabeu - and sources close to negotiations were hopeful that the Anfield club would reduce their initial asking price from €47 million to accept a fee in the region of €35 million - but Real Madrid insist that they will not pay a cent higher than their latest offer.

With Real`s latest bid falling at least €8 million short of the minimum Liverpool would be prepared to accept and, with neither side seemingly willing to compromise further, the situation has reached an impasse and Real`s reported pursuit of alternative central midfield options in the transfer market is genuine

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Benitez said no to Masche at a supposedly 30 mil so i don't see any possibility of him ditching alonso at 27 mil

just give him the bloody money, perez. if you can deliver 35 mil for benzema, what's another 10 mil for Alonso who is imo more important for the team and spanish? you are already throwing money through every hole in the bernabeu so no reason to be touchy

Beast

The Observer
Benitez said no to Masche at a supposedly 30 mil so i don't see any possibility of him ditching alonso at 27 mil

just give him the bloody money, perez. if you can deliver 35 mil for benzema, what's another 10 mil for Alonso who is imo more important for the team and spanish? you are already throwing money through every hole in the bernabeu so no reason to be touchy

No .. Xabi is 27 .. he is different.. the position already can be filled with other targets..or existing players.. he is not worth 35 Million.. Rafa is doing this simply due to Valdano slamming the shit out of his tactics.. nothing more.. Xabi was going to Liverpool for 15 Mil last year... u can't ask for 230 % in a year increase.. fuck it

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well I am glad Rafa has this stance.

All I was hearing during the Perez elections was this thing about a more spanish flavour to your team. You spend £150m on 2 non spanish players yet can't fork out £25-30m for a top spanish player!!

Xabi may be 27 but the way he plays he can play until 35. plus 27 is the peak age for a footballer so the next 2 years SHOULD be his peak.

Beast

The Observer
Well I am glad Rafa has this stance.

All I was hearing during the Perez elections was this thing about a more spanish flavour to your team. You spend £150m on 2 non spanish players yet can't fork out £25-30m for a top spanish player!!

we can if his evaluation was logical...

Kaka Milan refused a 100 Mil .. and refused 60 from Calderon

CR United refused last year 75 Mil
Benzema his club was asking for 60 Mil...

all came within the range their clubs and other clubs offers..

Xabi biggest offer was a freaking 13 Million from Juve last year and u insisted on 15 Mil ... it's not about him but Liverpool clear "push up the price , it's Real "...plus Rafa personal situation with Valdano
the "fair evaluation " is 24 -25 .. not more than double...
so enjoy your transfer-less summer after u got Glen :party00231:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I would rather keep Alonso and JM than lose either of those 2 and buy a player from that money.

I am very happy with our squad. All we lack is a second striker to cover Torres really. Other than that I am happy as long as we keep Xabi and Javier.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
you should have gotten the team players first at a normal price and after that the marquee signings. although if you only signed kaka, it would have kept the prices at sort of a same level because that's a decent price for that player. imagine that you signed ronaldo prior to kaka, you would have paid more for kaka then i assume

but it's teh boomerang of the "hey we got about 300 mil to spend", it worked well for 2/3 of that amount but now the prices are really booming and booming in your face. is it fair to ask the 240% raise? why not? it's your player, he played a pretty good season and the buyers have money to spend. you would be a complete ass if you let your key player leave for a fair price to a club who has an unfair transfer budget. that' what happened with santi, gigi d'agostino and now xabi. Also ribery, but you have the on year salary weapon for next year so that changes the situation.

Beast

The Observer
you should have gotten the team players first at a normal price and after that the marquee signings. although if you only signed kaka, it would have kept the prices at sort of a same level because that's a decent price for that player. imagine that you signed ronaldo prior to kaka, you would have paid more for kaka then i assume

but it's teh boomerang of the "hey we got about 300 mil to spend", it worked well for 2/3 of that amount but now the prices are really booming and booming in your face. is it fair to ask the 240% raise? why not? it's your player, he played a pretty good season and the buyers have money to spend. you would be a complete ass if you let your key player leave for a fair price to a club who has an unfair transfer budget. that' what happened with santi, gigi d'agostino and now xabi. Also ribery, but you have the on year salary weapon for next year so that changes the situation.

No mate.. Kaka & CR are the base of this season team.. one of perez old mistakes was finalizing the deal so late.. they neither play pre-season or get enough time to gel.

there is the fear factor that we gave every team in Europe and at the same time the idea of playing in a great team was a big incentive in practically everyone making their wishes public to join us
+ spoiling everyone else transfers + the media attention = much more money
they did well finalizing the big players first.. and no the inflation of the prices are for dreamers (club managers i mean).. didn't we get Albiol for 15 Mil a week later ? why didn't "we get 300 Mil to spend" work again us ?

No one has even offered a bid for Xabi apart from us .. the next in line would be Juve who won't pay a single Euro over 15..

Liverpool are in deep shit similar to Valencia.. they have -40 Mil losses this year, a new stadium to build and a bank asking for his loans..with Rafa transfer kit is 15 Mil (70 % gone to glenn Johnson )
bottom line.. if liverpool don't sell and reinforce it will be another year doing a gunners .. especially that the only 2 players on demand are Mascherano and Xabi.. they have Babel up for grabs and no one put a cent yet for him

It's fine by me to keep the current midfielders it won't be the first time Pellegerini reinvented a player in a new place .. but paying Liverpool 35 Mil is a bit excessive especially that the only teams who can pay good money are both Real /Barca and the rest are all Pool rivals

- again nothing to do with Xabi but Pool evaluation

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
while I agree that perez is sort of sticking to a business plan, you have to admit it reflects very poorly on him that he ponied up ridiculous fees for three foreigners and then won't pay slightly exaggerated fees for two of the best spaniards around (in fact I'd say the two best spaniards that are transferrable) which don't match two of the foreigner fees.

he's just lucky the fans are impressed by the razzle dazzle of the new signings and aren't putting him to task about his promise to spanishize the team. because for about €10m more on each transfer fee, villa and xabi could already be yours.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
i don't agree, beast. you could have gone for the likes of arbeloa and Xabi before signing Kaka and co. Should have said: "ey dudes, i'm the new florentino. no more galacticos for me, i want some spaniards now" and sign all those players you would have liked to see before bringing home the stars. but instead of that it was more like "hey, i'm florentino and i have grown in the last years. i got 300 mil to spend in one summer and .... i will" (and totally hats off to good old flor for signing kaka and ronaldo, you know i appreciate his business nose)

why sign kaka in june already if he only joins the squad at the end of july? is he gelling with the team down at copacabana beach?

Beast

The Observer
i don't agree, beast. you could have gone for the likes of arbeloa and Xabi before signing Kaka and co. Should have said: "ey dudes, i'm the new florentino. no more galacticos for me, i want some spaniards now" and sign all those players you would have liked to see before bringing home the stars. but instead of that it was more like "hey, i'm florentino and i have grown in the last years. i got 300 mil to spend in one summer and .... i will" (and totally hats off to good old flor for signing kaka and ronaldo, you know i appreciate his business nose)

why sign kaka in june already if he only joins the squad at the end of july? is he gelling with the team down at copacabana beach?

we see it differently Gneg

you have to remember Real were humiliated ..by Liverpool & Barca..why would Xabi join the team they beat home & away if he isn't sure it's a totally different team?
you need to come with a big bang.. make everyone take notice.. than and only than any signing will be easy.. that's what happened .. u get any player now with ease.. he will pick Real over bigger (in terms of current form ) teams

rivals are complaining , others are waiting .. the stage is cleared by those moves.. u want any player.. other teams may ask for a similar fee (see Inter and co )

Kaka needed the rest after a long season just like the Spanish players who are resting now.. he was the highlight of the new team.. u need to set the 2 main Pilers /players ..CR & Kaka..
u need to go to Ribery and tell him.. " hey you'll be playing beside Kaka & CR 50 games a season " otherwise all your attempts will be like Citeh

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
yes, ok. i see and understand that. but if you want to enter the stages of world clas football again with a big bang, you could have expected that everyone wants their piece if they need to contribute to your big bang.

Milan and certainly Manchester got their piece of your explosion, and that seemed no problem. but now that bayern and pool want their piece, it's ridiculous. i don't think so, it's just the same as with the first two signings. i do agree that the sums are ridiculous, but so was the sum of ronaldo. you have set the standard with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans