Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Looking forward to it. It will be interesting to see how this team of your progresses as the seaon unfolds.

It will be too early still.. Iker-Kaka-Ramos-Albiol will be back after the first game.. so it won't shape up until the Santiago Bernabeu trophy vs Milan late August.. by than i expect the formation & transfers will be finalized .. it will be another warm up game but with more competitiveness than yesterday game at least in terms of starting 11.. although the 4 missing players are all starters (give or take Albiol )
however if all went well in the cup we will meet either Juve or Seville which will be a great & strong test before heading to the US

Beast

The Observer
I don't think we will see the best out of Madrid until after Christmas.

that's true estimation .. especially if the number of new players increased.. their will be good games & bad games .. however i liked the idea's pellegerini want to deploy .. but doing it vs Rovers is one thing and doing it in a competitive game is something else

Beast

The Observer
Robben is injured.. if CR continue with the same attitude Real won't worry about him being selfish ..
he is a pro and i trust he will do what Manuel Pellegerini asks of him ..

Beast

The Observer
You mean what Perez tells Pellegrini what to to do with him.

Perez is not running the show.. i know it was your ultimate dream and my ultimate nightmare.. but it's Valdano and i trust him

Manu Interview after the game

Manuel Pellegrini: "The team achieved the goals we set ourselves for the first game"

Manuel Pellegrini was satisfied with his team's first victory against Shamrock Rovers.

How do you value this first game?
I think it was a very useful game and that's important. I asked the team to put pressure and try to move the ball fast. I think we achieved that.

Wasn't the game somewhat open in the first half?
That's not our objective right now. We are woking on strength and resistance at this stage. Precision and speed will come with time. I think we are achieveing the goals we set ourselves each day and I am satisfied for that.

What conclusions have you drawn from the preseason so far?
I think it's been very positive. We are doing an intense job. We wanted every player to play more or less the same time. I don't think doubts can be dispelled in just one week. This is just an initial stage.

Could it be said that Benzema eclipsed Cristiano Ronaldo?
I don't think they're related. They each played one half. I don't think Benzema's performance surprised anyone. We are not evaluating individual performances at this stage.

What did you like more and less about the match?
I most liked the fact that we achieved our goals. I also liked keeping possession and playing with few touches on ball, especially when starting a play. I can't really give you an answer of what I least liked because we naturally have to work on many things at this stage in the preseason. I'm not worried about anything though. We still have time. That's a question for when there is just one week left for the season to begin.

Do you think it's possible to have a finished squad by the end of the month?
I'm not worried about dates. There's still enough time.

It's always important to win...
It is. The team is gradually growing more confident. The final score is of relative importance. I prefer to win 1-0 rather than 6-0 with hardly any ball possession.

Were Shamrock Rovers a good opponent?
They were useful. They are half-way through their season. We felt comfortable throughout the week. I think we made good use of

E

Esteve

I don't think we will see the best out of Madrid until after Christmas.

that's true estimation .. especially if the number of new players increased.. their will be good games & bad games .. however i liked the idea's pellegerini want to deploy .. but doing it vs Rovers is one thing and doing it in a competitive game is something else

It could be too late by then :rolleyes: You'd think Madrid will get better with each game played though, so they could start playing well earlier than you expect. I still have serious doubts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans