Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Thank God for that. He can really shine at Arsenal. He'll get good service to boot.

And there are no facts. It's all perception. The best theory we've got is the most logical explanation backed by current proofs, it becomes redundant when something new comes up that counters it. Everything in science is a theory. The moment we find out something absurdly radical (such as alluding to flow of time etc.) we'll have to rethink all our theories. But in the current sense these theories are the best we've got and they're far better than the fairy tails religion uses to keep the ignorant occupied.

you can't say religious people are ignorant and then ask them to take things without questioning based on an incomplete theory .. "cause it's the best outthere " it's a clear contradiction and shows you are ignorant who don't want to think u just take the best explanation cause at this moment in time it's just the best you've got even though u have a missing link which doesn't add up to the theory ..

a doubtful mind is better than a lazy mind... and as sunny once said " worshiping cows is weird "

Do you have a source?

It's on AS miggy

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
you can't say religious people are ignorant and then ask them to take things without questioning based on an incomplete theory .. "cause it's the best outthere " it's a clear contradiction and shows you are ignorant who don't want to think u just take the best explanation cause at this moment in time it's just the best you've got even though u have a missing link which doesn't add up to the theory ..

a doubtful mind is better than a lazy mind... and as sunny once said " worshiping cows is weird "

So Gailileo, still a heathen devil worshipper in your eyes?

S

Snyde

Does Evolutionary theory have it's flaws? Yes. Do many, many more questions need to be asked of it? Yes. Does it need to be further revised and improved? Yes. Does all that make it any less? No. Does all that make it irrelevant? No.

Questioning is great and is the foundation on which Science is built, you will never hear me say "don't question it" but you point out it's flaws and say that because it's imperfect it is useless. That isn't how science or logic work. A doubtful and questioning mind is beautiful and religion does not permit it. You just killed the argument for religion with that questioning mind remark.

Oh and classic Beast with that cows remark, not even two posts in and you turn to insults...

PS About the best out there remark, you can say the newtonian (or classical) physics was the best out there till Relativity came along. So questioning newtonian physics was good and it lead to a greater understanding of the world but that doesn't mean it was ever useless or redundant. Even now Newtonian physics is in no way useless.

Last edited:

Warik

Thank God for that. He can really shine at Arsenal. He'll get good service to boot.

And there are no facts. It's all perception. The best theory we've got is the most logical explanation backed by current proofs, it becomes redundant when something new comes up that counters it. Everything in science is a theory. The moment we find out something absurdly radical (such as alluding to flow of time etc.) we'll have to rethink all our theories. But in the current sense these theories are the best we've got and they're far better than the fairy tails religion uses to keep the ignorant occupied.

I'd rep you if we had a rep system.

Thing I have to say when people say it is just a theory is that so is Gravity. Gravity is as close to a Scientific fact as you are going to get, but it is still considered just a theory. Evolution is biologys equivalent. If Newton and Darwin saw what we knew now about Gravity and Evolution they'd be shocked. Hell as Snyde said Newton is considered wrong by some now, even though I think he got the concept right, just didn't and couldn't comprehend the bigger picture. So has Darwin, and Darwin wasn't even the first scientist to come up with the idea for evolution, never mind Human evolution (Nasir al-Din al-Tusi was one, and there were others before him).

There are many misconceptions about Evolution tbh, and they are added to by badly worded documentaries on nature. It makes Religious people feel that evolution explains the origins of life and how it came about. That ain't true, it explains how simple life over a period of time can make enough small modifications to become more complex. Where the initial life came from isn't in the domain of Evolution, that is a different theory all together.

I do think we are missing something in Evolution, and it isn't the missing links like Beast thinks (we have enough of them to know the rest are out there). I think just like Newton's Gravity was shown to be a small part of something bigger eventually as technology improves we will find something that won't blow out Evolution but will kind of make it part of a bigger picture. So rather than being the pinnacle of Biology like it is now it'll sit in a larger theory, kind of like how gravity does in Physics.

It's still an infinitely better theory with more evidence (loads as opposed to none) than Creationism. Even St. Augustine knew the 7 day creation story was likely wrong.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Anyone who doesn't like cheese shall burn in hell for eternity :D

Cheese toasties at work keep me motivated to stay there :D

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It's like the bible says "and on the seventh day God rested, and had some cheese and biscuits".

Didn't Jesus Christ also say "blessed are the cheesemakers", and didn't he also own a fromagerie called Cheeses of Nazereth. Cheesiness is next to Godliness as they say.

Last edited:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Well this is a good time to mention I don't really like cheese except from when mozarella is melted on top of a pizza.

Beast

The Observer
Does Evolutionary theory have it's flaws? Yes. Do many, many more questions need to be asked of it? Yes. Does it need to be further revised and improved? Yes. Does all that make it any less? No. Does all that make it irrelevant? No.

Questioning is great and is the foundation on which Science is built, you will never hear me say "don't question it" but you point out it's flaws and say that because it's imperfect it is useless. That isn't how science or logic work. A doubtful and questioning mind is beautiful and religion does not permit it. You just killed the argument for religion with that questioning mind remark.

Oh and classic Beast with that cows remark, not even two posts in and you turn to insults...

PS About the best out there remark, you can say the newtonian (or classical) physics was the best out there till Relativity came along. So questioning newtonian physics was good and it lead to a greater understanding of the world but that doesn't mean it was ever useless or redundant. Even now Newtonian physics is in no way useless.

i agree with the bold part.. i didn't say evolution is useless so instead of making posts on my behalf direct me to the part where i said it's useless ?

you cannot doubt the evolution or as i like to call it adaptation we see it in animals, fish,plants .. but i doubt the "HUMAN " evolution that's the difference.. humans are much more complicated in their formation to stick the process to a single element ..
and don't throw religion here as the main obstacle.. differentiate between the religious authority as a dictatorship in medieval times (and in some parts of the world ) and religion itself which says nothing about blocking your thinking and decision.. the simplest item of heaven & hell is based on your own decisions and actions not a divine decisions or wimp
mixing religion and those who abuse it .. is like saying the constitution is bad cause politicians abuse it.. NO it's 2 different things ..

and i didn't mean you as an Indian in my cow remark .. it's sunny religious views on facebook ..
Well this is a good time to mention I don't really like cheese except from when mozarella is melted on top of a pizza.
:beer2: Viva is my fav poster today
I'd rep you if we had a rep system.

Thing I have to say when people say it is just a theory is that so is Gravity. Gravity is as close to a Scientific fact as you are going to get, but it is still considered just a theory. Evolution is biologys equivalent. If Newton and Darwin saw what we knew now about Gravity and Evolution they'd be shocked. Hell as Snyde said Newton is considered wrong by some now, even though I think he got the concept right, just didn't and couldn't comprehend the bigger picture. So has Darwin, and Darwin wasn't even the first scientist to come up with the idea for evolution, never mind Human evolution (Nasir al-Din al-Tusi was one, and there were others before him).

There are many misconceptions about Evolution tbh, and they are added to by badly worded documentaries on nature. It makes Religious people feel that evolution explains the origins of life and how it came about. That ain't true, it explains how simple life over a period of time can make enough small modifications to become more complex. Where the initial life came from isn't in the domain of Evolution, that is a different theory all together.

I do think we are missing something in Evolution, and it isn't the missing links like Beast thinks (we have enough of them to know the rest are out there). I think just like Newton's Gravity was shown to be a small part of something bigger eventually as technology improves we will find something that won't blow out Evolution but will kind of make it part of a bigger picture. So rather than being the pinnacle of Biology like it is now it'll sit in a larger theory, kind of like how gravity does in Physics.

It's still an infinitely better theory with more evidence (loads as opposed to none) than Creationism. Even St. Augustine knew the 7 day creation story was likely wrong.

very good post in general ... and the last line is your perception which i disagree with ..however we should have the evolution thread in the forum and move the posts and discuss it over there (Mods anyone ? )

It's like the bible says "and on the seventh day God rested, and had some cheese and biscuits".

Didn't Jesus Christ also say "blessed are the cheesemakers", and didn't he also own a fromagerie called Cheeses of Nazereth. Cheesiness is next to Godliness as they say.

:lol::lol:

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans