Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
I wish... i really wish.. but i'm older now have a wife & 2 kids and a third on the way in 4 month...
i watched Real maybe 25 times.. though it's been a while .. 3 -4 years at least .. last game i saw were Lyon - Madrid 3-0 in Stade Gerland .. when i was in my 20's and single i used to go more often .. especially it was easier to go from Monte Carlo to Madrid then from Cairo to Madrid

Beast

The Observer
Thanks Quash ...
@ Shadows..i love how he mention our shambles defeat to Liverpool @ Anfield yet doesn't take into account that Liverpool a fortnight later went down @ OT with the same scoreline.. The Brits journalist baffles me..

however i think we mostly agree on the following
CR alone can't solve problems.. he is part of the solution not the solution on his own
Kaka would be more what Real need then CR if it comes down to one star signing i think the logical would be Kaka.. although i could name 2-3 players who can do the same job for less like Gourcuff and Diego

Beast

The Observer
I didn't catch it to be honest.. was getting some water.. i read that people say it was and Valladolid manager kept crying about the injustice happening against Barca & Madrid in the last 2 games.. but i didn't see it

E

Esteve

There's clearly only one top class side in La Liga & that's Barcelona. When I say that, I mean a side that can seriously challenge in Europe. Then there's a small group of decent sides in the league, only one of which can challenge for the title, that being Real Madrid. Madrid were exposed as the limited side they are when Liverpool thrashed them in the last 16 of Europe - They have too many average players, some of them can perform in the league for the most part but fail miserably when tested in Europe, including Robben who has looked top class in the league all year but was anonymous against Liverpool in Anfield. Also, it's sad to see Madrid supporters happy to watch their side play negative football in order to win trophies when they've won so much playing the beautiful game. They won't be taken seriously in Europe with their current squad & style of play anyway...

Beast

The Observer
There's clearly only one top class side in La Liga & that's Barcelona. When I say that, I mean a side that can seriously challenge in Europe. Then there's a small group of decent sides in the league, only one of which can challenge for the title, that being Real Madrid. Madrid were exposed as the limited side they are when Liverpool thrashed them in the last 16 of Europe - They have too many average players, some of them can perform in the league for the most part but fail miserably when tested in Europe, including Robben who has looked top class in the league all year but was anonymous against Liverpool in Anfield. Also, it's sad to see Madrid supporters happy to watch their side play negative football in order to win trophies when they've won so much playing the beautiful game. They won't be taken seriously in Europe with their current squad & style of play anyway...

And from where did u conclude that mate ? they booed the team last week.. they are not happy but they are not stupid they know the limits of this squad and the missing positions..

but i agree with the rest of what you said totally , i think the current squad had the potential to go higher but lack of planning and the big screw up last summer to add the required squad players was a disaster and we paid heavily in Europe..
Real need 3-4 players in the starting 11 to take them to the next level and above all the long awaited stability from the top till the manager

E

Esteve

Was referring to some posts I've seen on forums, probably should have said 'some' Madrid supporters in fairness. I've heard people say they couldn't care less as long as the trophy case is being filled :icon_neutral:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I wouldn't speak too quickly to be honest, Sto. Barcelona have yet to be challenged in Europe and yet to meet one of the big 4 from England.

Beast

The Observer
that's ok Sto but forum don't reflect the actual fans.. u know plenty of people follow whoever is winning or fashionable and flick to the next big thing.. but i can assure u that's not the case with the fans in Spain and Socio's..

@ Jordan that's true u have beaten what's in front of u , the EPL big 3 (forget gunners ) are a different level all together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans