Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadows

Schuster Attacks Calderon

Many believe that the German’s now infamous ‘it’s impossible to win at Barcelona’ quote to the press was the catalyst for his departure, but Schuster himself insisted that was not the reason.

“A few days before the press conference, we had a gathering with the players and I said to them that they were the only ones capable of beating Barcelona,” he told Marca in a two-part interview.

“As a team, we knew we had the quality to play in these matches. The intent of what I said in the press conference was to remove the pressure on us. Besides, I said it was very difficult to beat Barcelona… not impossible.

“But soon, the press started to say that I didn’t want to be there or that I didn’t want to go there. I knew the situation we were in this season and with all the injuries that we had and not being given the signings that I wanted, we had to go there quietly.”

Speaking of signings, the focus immediately shifted to the club’s flop in the summer transfer market when then-president Ramon Calderon failed to recruit any of his intended targets due to his obsessive pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo.

“I asked for three or four players in case we failed to sign Cristiano. I understand that the club invested a lot to try to sign this lad, but they made it clear to me that if he arrived, it would be very difficult to sign even one more player,” explained Schuster.

“But Cristiano was not a player that the team needed. He was just someone the club wanted. I knew that he alone would not be able to solve our other problems because he cannot defend or play as a wing-back. What’s surprising is that in the end, no one came. And I got none of the players that I asked for.

“Calderon told me that we had the money to sign Ronaldo, but not for the other players like David Villa, Cesc Fabregas or Dani Alves.

“What’s even stranger is that we had a meeting in April at the Bernabeu to discuss making new signings as soon as possible but as time went by, nothing happened and everything that we had talked about was worthless.

shadows

Thanks Quash ...
@ Shadows..i love how he mention our shambles defeat to Liverpool @ Anfield yet doesn't take into account that Liverpool a fortnight later went down @ OT with the same scoreline.. The Brits journalist baffles me..

however i think we mostly agree on the following
CR alone can't solve problems.. he is part of the solution not the solution on his own
Kaka would be more what Real need then CR if it comes down to one star signing i think the logical would be Kaka.. although i could name 2-3 players who can do the same job for less like Gourcuff and Diego

CR will be more of a liability for Real than help...If real insist on a 4-3-3 then it means the 3 has 2 defend at the top..But obviously CR wont do that..He will keep his hand on his hip and complain..All 2 familiar sight which one can see about 10 times every game!

E

Esteve

Yeah that's true, I'd be more worried about the top 3 rather than the top 4 in England. Although Arsenal are in far better form than United for example, I think Barça would have far too much from midfield forward for Arsenal to cope with. Looks like we'll be playing Chelsea in the next round now, that will definitely be a much tougher challenge than anything we've come up against so far but still, I'd feel confident we can through & then who knows, Utd. may not be waiting for us in the final after all

E

Esteve

& @ Beast, I understand that, many so-called 'supporters' are just pretenders. Even then, someone who follows Madrid on & off is wrong to make a comment like that, with the club's history of beautiful football. Obviously, they don't have a clue.

Beast

The Observer
And probably he/they will be cheering Barca in few weeks as well.. i've learned to expect every sort of fan u can think off.. when things get rough and u'r team start losing.. only true fans stay

E

Esteve

And probably he/they will be cheering Barca in few weeks as well.. i've learned to expect every sort of fan u can think off.. when things get rough and u'r team start losing.. only true fans stay

:lol: true. D'you think Perez would do what's needed at Madrid? Or do you think things would change for the worse?

Beast

The Observer
I never liked/trust / believed in him.. he is a clown but a resourceful one
the question remains unanswered.. the question is : has he learned anything from his 6 year presidency ?

in less then a month we will know...

Beast

The Observer
not yet.. i would laugh my ass off if he said he is not running after all this detective work by both Marca & AS ... lol that is so funny and great just thinking about it...

Warik

That's what I'm thinking. His decision keeps getting pushed back and back. I think he is running a merry go round at the moment. I think he is just trying to leave it so late people think he wont run and many Madridistas will start panicking and the opponents will think maybe trhey have a chance then BAM in he comes, with his jesus saviour complex.

Beast

The Observer
very very possible.. Perez knows many of the Penya heads are still very upset by him and the socio's didn't forget yet what he did ..etc

he wants to guarantee his victory.. there is no doubt if there is several candidates against him it will get ugly and they will remind the socio's of his galactico history & failure

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Why would Ronaldo want to join Real Madrid ? They are so boring and dull. He would fail there.

Beast

The Observer
It's his boyhood team.. according to CR himself
Boring or not (which is a temp thing ) Real Madrid remains Real Madrid

Warik

Form is temporary class is permanent. Hopefully not in CR7's case though.

Did you know he has been nominated for Player of the Year again despite being a whiney bitch?

shadows

It's his boyhood team.. according to CR himself
Boring or not (which is a temp thing ) Real Madrid remains Real Madrid

Come on man..Its nothing like boyhood..He stands a chance to make more money and more fame if he came to Madrid rather than what he calls " childhood dream"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans