Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R10(FCB)

Crazy
not really... Wenger obsession with youngsters started couple of seasons ago , his fame and name in England came on the back of the older Arsenal squad which had Petit,Adams,Keown,Right,Kanu,Pires,Seaman,Bergkamp,Henry...etc
that's when he was winning trophies and playing a much better brand of football then now..

yes, i know that Arsenal was fantastic than but that was looooong ago, wenger said few times that he don't like to spend to much money on transfers

and of course.. don't try to lecture a Madrid fan about the concept that superstars don't make a great team by themselves :p

hehe

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
I don't see any 'big big' names coming. There are too few of them left. I think the best we can hope for is Diego, Ribery, Silva. I don't see one of the superstars moving. It isn't like when Zidane came. Their is marketing deals in place. And rich clubs would rather the player, as believe it or not it's easier for them to get their hands on 70 million euros/pounds/whatevers than it is a world class forward today.

Guardian

I understand where you are coming from but as much as i hate Perez as u all know one thing he is not is a tool who put his mouth where it doesn't belong.. if he declare X or Y will arrive i do think they will.. he has proven to be a shrewd negotiator before and no matter how crap i really think he is .. that's one strong point about him..
you may be spot on regarding the possibilities if it's anyone but Perez but he can really get his targets .. so i do think you are underestimating him or putting the assumption based on anyone else will win but Perez and in that case you hit the nail ..

Eugino Martinez has declared there is progress in obtaining the required 57 Million Euro to enter the elections and declared his targets are mainly spanish .. the Valencia clan plus Negredo & Granero

mean while Eduardo Garcia the 29 year old business man kid.. said he has Drogba in his radar (agreement ) and Kierrison and Marcano
Juan Onieva , Sanz Vice president has declared his intentions to run for presidency and is trying to secure the 57 Million to enter the elections.. no news about his plans yet

Beast the situation is completely different. Perez back then paid the buy-out clause of Figo, then signed 29 year old Zidane for 65 M from a team that always sell their ageing players for good money and replaces them with other ones (they sold Baggio and replaced him with Del Piero, they sold Zidane and Inzaghi and bought Nedved, Trezeguet and Buffon, Vieri was sold to Atletico and they got Inzaghi etc.). Back then your only competitors on the transfer market were Milan and maybe Barcelona.

Now you have Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Inter, Barcelona, Milan and even if your name is sound and you're the most successful team in Europe, the competition will increase the transfer values and you'll have to pay really big money so that you can have Kaka or Ronaldo. For every your 50M bid Man City will double the price, I'm not surprised that Milan tried to sell Kaka to Man City and not Real M, first of all because you're their main rivals in Europe not only on the pitch but outside it too. They also sell shirts and are trying to attract as many fans as the could get.

Perez signed one big name player per a season and now he is saying that he can sign 5-6 for one summer, that is very optimistic and far from the true. You have to offer them unrealistic salaries as well, at least 12M euro per a season for Kaka and Ronaldo without the bonuses, and 6-7M for Fabregas, Alonso, Ribery and considering the big salaries of Casillas, Raul and the rest from your team who also earn something of the sort, you wage budget may reach something like 100 M, highly unrealistic.

There is something else, Beast. The players already realise their market value and if you want Kaka and Ronaldo you have to offer them 50% of it. This is why Ronaldo want to join Real, because at the moment United hold all his rights, so he doesn't get anything the articles with his image.

And we are living in times of recession and the banks are not willing to grant loans and you don't have any other sport base for selling :rolleyes: so you have to wait and hope someone to sign Robben/Sneijder/Van der Vaart. I read that Perez is hoping to get at least 100M euro from the deals but he certainly is mad if he thinks that there are enough stupid clubs to pay 25M for injury prone players...

So as Galactico said, you better go for good players like Diego, silva, Villa or Gourkuff rather than spending all the cash on Ronaldo and Kaka.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Beast the situation is completely different. Perez back then paid the buy-out clause of Figo, then signed 29 year old Zidane for 65 M from a team that always sell their ageing players for good money and replaces them with other ones (they sold Baggio and replaced him with Del Piero, they sold Zidane and Inzaghi and bought Nedved, Trezeguet and Buffon, Vieri was sold to Atletico and they got Inzaghi etc.). Back then your only competitors on the transfer market were Milan and maybe Barcelona.

Now you have Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Inter, Barcelona, Milan and even if your name is sound and you're the most successful team in Europe, the competition will increase the transfer values and you'll have to pay really big money so that you can have Kaka or Ronaldo. For every your 50M bid Man City will double the price, I'm not surprised that Milan tried to sell Kaka to Man City and not Real M, first of all because you're their main rivals in Europe not only on the pitch but outside it too. They also sell shirts and are trying to attract as many fans as the could get.

Perez signed one big name player per a season and now he is saying that he can sign 5-6 for one summer, that is very optimistic and far from the true. You have to offer them unrealistic salaries as well, at least 12M euro per a season for Kaka and Ronaldo without the bonuses, and 6-7M for Fabregas, Alonso, Ribery and considering the big salaries of Casillas, Raul and the rest from your team who also earn something of the sort, you wage budget may reach something like 100 M, highly unrealistic.

There is something else, Beast. The players already realise their market value and if you want Kaka and Ronaldo you have to offer them 50% of it. This is why Ronaldo want to join Real, because at the moment United hold all his rights, so he doesn't get anything the articles with his image.

And we are living in times of recession and the banks are not willing to grant loans and you don't have any other sport base for selling :rolleyes: so you have to wait and hope someone to sign Robben/Sneijder/Van der Vaart. I read that Perez is hoping to get at least 100M euro from the deals but he certainly is mad if he thinks that there are enough stupid clubs to pay 25M for injury prone players...

So as Galactico said, you better go for good players like Diego, silva, Villa or Gourkuff rather than spending all the cash on Ronaldo and Kaka.

Perez motto has always been " the most expensive player, is the cheapest player" that's cause the endorsement you get from his image rights makes the actual cost almost nothing .. having said that i think that's why he wants those who can not just play well but also brand images.
the clubs you mentioned are hardly going to pay the same price Danny ??!
Chelsea are a selling club first as announced several times.. they are hardly in the days of Mourinho anymore..
Man City.. they can pay triple the price but which star will go to compete in the EPL only ? certainly not Kaka,Villa or anyone else.. to quote my fav band Dire Straits "it's money for nothing" ..
Man Utd almost complete squad and SAF target one big player they hardly go on a spending spree they have bigger debts then anyone but i think with the constant success they are on the right track somehow
Liverpool 30 Million transfer Kit will probably go for Aston Villa Barry and some 2 cheaper players(one of them probably will be Negredo ) .. they don't compete with us in the transfer market
Inter i think they will target Aguero and Italian clubs don't over spend the maximum is 20-25 Million at most and hardly an attractive destination atm
Barca will be smarter then last year spending like Man U they are almost complete i think 2-3 players @ most and Laporta isn't interested in a bidding war , he also have the most attractive outfit for players but at the same time the least chances of starting a game for new comers .. stars will want to play a role not a bit role.. atm apart from the defense i don't see anyone replacing the upfront trio (unless one leaves ) or the Xavi-Iniesta midfield..
Milan you must be joking my friend i think in 2 year they will try to sign Henry from Barca maybe go for Giggs in the summer..

Milan tried to sell Kaka because the amount was big enough and no one afford the same price.. back then Real couldn't even make a bid due to the presidential situation .. however Kaka made it clear that's it's not about the money .. his dad said he might leave for Real in the summer but i heard this couple of times before i won't hold my breath

Perez did sign 1 big player per year until the year he signed Robinho + Baptista & Ramos..it all depend on the situation .. when he used to sign a big player per year it was due the team being competitive and needing 1 big player.. now is not the case.. of course i don't think he will announce 6 big names or anything of that sort .. i don't think he will move for CR as many suggest for 2 reasons one of them it's Calderon work something Perez will not want anything to do with .. secondly having more wingers won't solve the problem.. the team needs an architect in the middle.. all big teams who won a trophy had one .. Zidane-Deco-Lampard-Gerrard -Kaka.. Real don't have anyone since Zidane left.. we are not a team who build their game from the wings like Barca .. we need a Playmaker.. sadly Sneijder was not given that role.. they always used as CM beside a DM or on the wings.. Sneijder would do good behind the 2 strikers but i think we need someone who is more of a dribbler then him
as far as i know it's the other way around regarding image rights in the EPL(talking about Becks case for example).. players have it all becks had to give up 50 % of his image rights to Real when he signed
many of the Dutch will leave but i don't think it will be a mass exodus as some papers suggest and i don't think we will get 100 Mil of them .. i think they might keep Robben-Sneijder -Hunter all young and talented .. the rest will go
as for the money already bank Santander approved 75 Million Euro as a loan for the summer plus the normal profits of Real i think we are looking around the region of 175 Million.. if perez plans to sell more land as reported before you can easily see this amount doubled plus whatever players they will sell..

it's all speculation @ the end but i don't think it's that hard Danny IMO .. i do however believe it won't be Kaka & CR.. i think the first one especially due to the friendship between Perez & Milan people .. Cesc after last night i believe will consider leaving.. Xabi won't be that expensive .. it's down to Valencia price for the trio or more (if they go for Joaquin ) .. it's all speculations.. i think we should wait till the 14th .. but Perez do usually keep his words about signings

if we end up with Gourcuff - Silva -Villa(Raul leave ) & Diego i'll be a very happy bunny

Guardian

Perez motto has always been " the most expensive player, is the cheapest player" that's cause the endorsement you get from his image rights makes the actual cost almost nothing .. having said that i think that's why he wants those who can not just play well but also brand images.
the clubs you mentioned are hardly going to pay the same price Danny ??!
Chelsea are a selling club first as announced several times.. they are hardly in the days of Mourinho anymore..
Man City.. they can pay triple the price but which star will go to compete in the EPL only ? certainly not Kaka,Villa or anyone else.. to quote my fav band Dire Straits "it's money for nothing" ..
Man Utd almost complete squad and SAF target one big player they hardly go on a spending spree they have bigger debts then anyone but i think with the constant success they are on the right track somehow
Liverpool 30 Million transfer Kit will probably go for Aston Villa Barry and some 2 cheaper players(one of them probably will be Negredo ) .. they don't compete with us in the transfer market
Inter i think they will target Aguero and Italian clubs don't over spend the maximum is 20-25 Million at most and hardly an attractive destination atm
Barca will be smarter then last year spending like Man U they are almost complete i think 2-3 players @ most and Laporta isn't interested in a bidding war , he also have the most attractive outfit for players but at the same time the least chances of starting a game for new comers .. stars will want to play a role not a bit role.. atm apart from the defense i don't see anyone replacing the upfront trio (unless one leaves ) or the Xavi-Iniesta midfield..
Milan you must be joking my friend i think in 2 year they will try to sign Henry from Barca maybe go for Giggs in the summer..

Milan tried to sell Kaka because the amount was big enough and no one afford the same price.. back then Real couldn't even make a bid due to the presidential situation .. however Kaka made it clear that's it's not about the money .. his dad said he might leave for Real in the summer but i heard this couple of times before i won't hold my breath

Perez did sign 1 big player per year until the year he signed Robinho + Baptista & Ramos..it all depend on the situation .. when he used to sign a big player per year it was due the team being competitive and needing 1 big player.. now is not the case.. of course i don't think he will announce 6 big names or anything of that sort .. i don't think he will move for CR as many suggest for 2 reasons one of them it's Calderon work something Perez will not want anything to do with .. secondly having more wingers won't solve the problem.. the team needs an architect in the middle.. all big teams who won a trophy had one .. Zidane-Deco-Lampard-Gerrard -Kaka.. Real don't have anyone since Zidane left.. we are not a team who build their game from the wings like Barca .. we need a Playmaker.. sadly Sneijder was not given that role.. they always used as CM beside a DM or on the wings.. Sneijder would do good behind the 2 strikers but i think we need someone who is more of a dribbler then him
as far as i know it's the other way around regarding image rights in the EPL(talking about Becks case for example).. players have it all becks had to give up 50 % of his image rights to Real when he signed
many of the Dutch will leave but i don't think it will be a mass exodus as some papers suggest and i don't think we will get 100 Mil of them .. i think they might keep Robben-Sneijder -Hunter all young and talented .. the rest will go
as for the money already bank Santander approved 75 Million Euro as a loan for the summer plus the normal profits of Real i think we are looking around the region of 175 Million.. if perez plans to sell more land as reported before you can easily see this amount doubled plus whatever players they will sell..

it's all speculation @ the end but i don't think it's that hard Danny IMO .. i do however believe it won't be Kaka & CR.. i think the first one especially due to the friendship between Perez & Milan people .. Cesc after last night i believe will consider leaving.. Xabi won't be that expensive .. it's down to Valencia price for the trio or more (if they go for Joaquin ) .. it's all speculations.. i think we should wait till the 14th .. but Perez do usually keep his words about signings

if we end up with Gourcuff - Silva -Villa(Raul leave ) & Diego i'll be a very happy bunny

Beast, first, I told you that players want 50% of their image rights, it's not like before so the sentence "the most expensive player, is the cheapest player" doesn't make sense anymore . It's the main reason why Ronaldo wants to leave United.

Secondly Perez signed Baptista+Robinho+Ramos from selling clubs like Sevilla and Santos for 75 M all together, while only Zidane cost you 65. For this money you can afford only one player, not all.

And it is not only about money Beast. SAF last summer told Ronaldo that he can join any team except Real Madrid. It's not only about money, Man Utd will not only lose their most influential player, who makes the difference between them and Chelsea and Leverpool, selling him to you would be a sign that their team is inferior to Madrid and we all know that most of football fans are glory hunters. They would say, "look United can't keep their best player, so Real are bigger. I'm a Real fan now and on". This is why Milan and United are not willing to sell these players to Madrid, that would have a bad effect on their brand, they'd rather prefer to sell them to City but they will think twice about your offer and it should be BETTER than the one of City.

And all clubs in the world have debts Beast, United and Liverpool debts are different, they are not operating debts, those debts were generated because the new American owners took loans in order to buy the clubs and they transferred these loan debts to the clubs. It's different, United & Liverpool are still financially sound and still can spend 40-50M a season without affecting their finances. And if you go for Ronaldo, United won't sell him without securing the signing of either Kaka or Ribery. Liverpool don't want Barry as Alonso replacement, we all know that Alonso is better, such transfer wouldn't make any sense...they want Barry as Lucas replacement. Chelsea are also financially sound and next manager will have at least 40M too.

Perez is enough arrogant to exploit his few successful transfers in the past so that he can take over the club and we have heard that kind of rumours even before. You were going to sign Kaka, Ronaldo, Ribery but you end up with Robben, Snejder and Van der Vaart. You should understand that your club do that only to keep and save their marketing value worlwide. The ordinary fans say "Hey look Madrid are after the best players in the world , they rock" and buy a shirt. Perez and Calderon before him tried to bring attention at their club so that they keep the interest of their fans after years of failure in Europe. This is why Ferguson and Galiani were mad, and SAF said that you don't have any moral, because you were trying to retrieve your brand at the expense of United.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
- It does make sense Danny, clubs make millions of dollars of promotional stuff from super stars.. that's why Milan bought Dinho & Becks.. we had 50 % of Becks right and we milked more from him then any other player ... his actual cost for Real was zero
- non selling clubs are few and for the right price and will from a player any one can go.. CR change of heart made him stay don't think SAF or any other manager would keep a player that want to leave.. CR transfer saga was a farce and that's what broke any possibility of signing him UNDER CALDERON last season.. SAF statement is SAF statement for media usage only
they cannot sell a player to a club if he don't want to go.. i made it clear why i think Perez will not move for CR without even discussing CR own choices.. reports said that Perez is not happy of the amount agreed with CR reps regarding Man U money and CR own contract.. there is a valid reason why Man U offered 65 Million for Ribery and it's not because CR is moving to Man City.. don't kid yourself SAF will never sell his biggest star to another EPL side put 1 + 1 together.. i don't like the deal personally as he is not the answer as i mentioned many times before.. it's down to Kaka or some brilliant AM

- Liverpool & Man U are not financially sound by any means.. the first one has a stadium to build and a due loan to pay .. one of the reason why they were about to sell to UAE business men couple of month ago.. some of the repayments are due and no money to pay it.. anything above 30 Million for Rafa will only be generated from selling players (Eddy can confirm this as well )
Man U are a complete squad as everyone know a possible replacement would be for Scholes ,VDS or CR if he leaves ..they make good money of trophies but it will be a matter of replacement then spending on new players..

- i agree with the last part but i do think you are missing attacks on Calderon and attacks on Madrid.. that same Galliani was the first one to praise Perez coming back to Madrid..etc also regarding the fans i think again your confusing global fans with those who attend and vote.. for example a poll today (tell u why i highlighted today ) who you want to manage Madrid..
1- ancelotti
2- Mourinho
3- Wenger
guess what .. the later the least successful who don't buy stars and give youth a chance, look towards display then trophy is winning by a landslide.. and after the 4-1 agg trashing by Man U

MinaFCB

zinedine zidane said that u cant stop xavi,iniesta or messi even by play station and that real should stop with buyin mediocre players and "Create" their own like barca does....
he also claimed that real's team,not even those with galactios,had game that can be compared with barca's
about clasico he said "Luck it wasnt Messi's best day,if it was he would score 4 or 5''
Messi,Henry and Xavi were terrific that day ,he also said Barca has bigger chances than chelsea for final in Rome

Beast

The Observer
yep the legend has spoken here

Zinedine Zidane Urges Real Madrid To Follow Barcelona’s Philosophy
Zizou has issued a challenge to his former club, asking them to abandon signing overseas stars and focus instead on homegrown talent.

Zinedine Zidane has remained an avid Real Madrid supporter following his retirement from football in 2006 but even he could not hide his admiration for bitter foes Barcelona.

The Catalans steamrolled past los Blancos in style last weekend in El Clasico and Zidane was suitably impressed with the performance as well as with Pep Guardiola’s charges. And it is that footballing philosophy on and off the pitch that the French legend has urged Madrid to follow.

“Real Madrid should abandon the idea of signing foreign players and look at Barca, their footballing culture as well as their cantera [youth system],” he said in an interview with Canal Plus.

“They have players like Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi who can all do things with the ball and you are incapable of stopping them… even on PlayStation.

“Not even the Real Madrid teams during the Galacticos era can compete with the level shown by Guardiola and his players.

“Madrid need to rediscover this identity with a necessary [squad] clear-out and they need to do it urgently. At Barca, you see the kids of all ages who share the same footballing philosophy and mentality as those in the first team,” he added.

The 36-year-old was then asked to analyse Barcelona’s display at the Bernabeu last Saturday and he replied jokingly, “Lucky Messi was not at his best, otherwise he would have scored four or five himself.

“But in all seriousness, Thierry Henry, Messi and Xavi were all extraordinary,” he stated, before going to conclude that he is optimistic Barca will make it to Rome on May 27 for the Champions League final.

Beast

The Observer
Interesting interaction with the fans on Marca.. help decide for Perez who should stay and how should go.. i'll just put the percentage of "YES HE MUST STAY " beside the name

Iker 96
Dudek 15
Codina 86
Salgado 6 %
Pepe 86
Ramos 80 %
Cannavaro 17 %
Marcelo 78 %
Miguel Torres 73
Heinze 19 %
Metzelder 76 %
Javi Garcia 24 %
Drenthe 20 %
Diarra 33 %
Gago 49 %
Lass 97 %
Guti 29 %
Parejo 73 %
De La Red 85 %
Sneijder 66 %
Robben 63 %
Fauber 8 %
VDV 19 %
Raul 49 %
Saviola 9 %
Ruud 69 %
Higuain 93 %
Huntelaar 82 %

quite interesting the fans opinion.. i agree with the outcome

shadows

really ?? i think it's way too much.. i think he spent the Classico night voting for himself.. he should be max 5-10 % higher then Guti..

Metzelder 76pc ..and Gago getting more votes than M.Diarra!!AM i missing something here?

Zqa-

Why is Iker not 100% ?

I agree little with that thing.. Like shadows said..

No matter what, it pretty much shows how much they dislike the current squad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans