Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Well i just thought he had more of a chance of starting @ Barca rather than Real considering the number of players Real has up front esp if Raul(60pc sure) and RVN dont leave!

he has more of a chance in Real for many reasons.. one of them you have E2 & Henry and Bojan and u play with one striker...
Real play with 2.. and with the expected sell out in the summer i think he'll have more of a chance.. if no one leaves (for example ) or we buy another forward and try to get him then i want him to leave i don't want us to waste another great forward same way we did with Soldado & hurt his progress .. however as i mentioned a long time ago in this thread Perez- Raul relation are not good and Perez will not forget that Raul spoke against him after he resigned that's why rumors of Raul & co leaving is expected .. Perez is vindictive and Raul popularity(or people wanting him to continue in Real ) as shown in Marca poll are 49 % .. that's like 10 % considering his statues in the club as captain/legend/all time goal scorer / all time UEFA champions league top scorer/all time UEFA competitions top scorer /all time Spain top scorer ...
however even in that case Real will be selling to any EPL club for more money but not for Barca..E2 mistake will never be repeated u can bet on that

MinaFCB

how much i hate Mijatovic for being such a jerk..when he was younger he seemed to be nice guy...walking through my town,talking to people...
juande:Real is a one level lower from other big European clubs

Warik

TBH I am surprised Santi Cazorla hasn't been mentioned in the same breath as one candidate or another yet...Or maybe his rejection last summer means he will be ignored?

Beast

The Observer
TBH I am surprised Santi Cazorla hasn't been mentioned in the same breath as one candidate or another yet...Or maybe his rejection last summer means he will be ignored?

Santi is injured for a while, and yes his last minute re-signing with Villarreal could be a reason..plus i do think they will look for more taller players the average height with the dutch was ridiculous apart from Diarra & De La red the rest of the midfield is really short

however i think they do want quality wingers and AM .. so far it's Silva- Ribery-CR , Kaka-Gourcuff if u believe the press
the RW position already has a back up in Granero as well

Beast

The Observer
FFS Man City 40 Million contract for Raul is true... he confirmed it today in the press conference but
he refused it...
MADRID, May 9 (Reuters) - Real Madrid captain Raul has not been tempted by a lucrative approach from English Premier League side Manchester City and says he wants to finish his career at Real.
"Manchester City have made contact through my agent Gines Carvajal. But I've not really considered it because I would be mad to leave here," Raul told sports daily Marca on Saturday.
"I'm only interested in finishing my career with Real."

So Sunny.. another wrong prediction mate ? told u Hughes and Citeh can only afford such players like Raul

shadows

FFS Man City 40 Million contract for Raul is true... he confirmed it today in the press conference but
he refused it...
MADRID, May 9 (Reuters) - Real Madrid captain Raul has not been tempted by a lucrative approach from English Premier League side Manchester City and says he wants to finish his career at Real.
"Manchester City have made contact through my agent Gines Carvajal. But I've not really considered it because I would be mad to leave here," Raul told sports daily Marca on Saturday.
"I'm only interested in finishing my career with Real."

So Sunny.. another wrong prediction mate ? told u Hughes and Citeh can only afford such players like Raul

LOL...40mn for Raul..City have gone crazy!!!But good that Raul rejected it and hope Raul continues 2 start for Real ..it will benefit us:p

E

Esteve

LOL...40mn for Raul..City have gone crazy!!!But good that Raul rejected it and hope Raul continues 2 start for Real ..it will benefit us:p

City will never be taken seriously if they carry on like this.

Besart23

this part is what I hate from canteras,when they turn old,and they must play cuz of their privilege...look at raul he is invisible these seasons(great for us)but nor great when xavi turns 35-36

Warik

Xavi isn't Raul though. None of our current cantera crop have the sort of ego to expect to start every game even when in crap form. Puyol has been on the bench a fair bit this season because of Pique-Marquez form in the center.

shadows

this part is what I hate from canteras,when they turn old,and they must play cuz of their privilege...look at raul he is invisible these seasons(great for us)but nor great when xavi turns 35-36

Barca havent been so kind to the Canteras...We even threw Pep out even though he was a legend !Moreover these guys Xavi Iniesta Puyol dont complain..they dont mind where/if they play

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
we didn't throw pep out, he left coz he felt he wasn't up to the modern physicality of football.

ANYWAY

the raul thing... I cannot believe that's real. jesus. that's fucking hysterical! as beast says I guess they just want a marquee signing and raul is very much a legend in terms of achievement. although what they need is a number 9 to play bellamy and robinho off. raul can DO that, but it's not his ideal position.

Beast

The Observer
well we need someone to convince him to take the money & go... thanks u very much for the Memories ..
players like Raul-Ruud-Sheva..etc is all City must look for & afford.. a bit like Chelsea in the beginning.. it was the Mecca of old players.. the Gulliet-Vialli-Zola..etc .. that's where they should look for .. legends who can give experience to the young guns and establish themselves as 5th power with some Micky Mouse cup every now & then
looking for Villa-Kaka-Ribery..etc will end up with nothing cause no one of them will be looking for a pay cheque in the prime of their career .. after couple of years punching 3rd,4th ,5th spot then they can start looking for one of super stars of the game

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
What chelsea did on 03-04 is what man.city must do now. Chelsea bought up all the good talent not at liverpool, manure or arsenal. Good players like Duff, Johnson, Joe Cole, Bridge etc

Before city reach that level above this one, they need to reach the next level, if you see what I am getting at. They should buy the good talent in the league not at the top 4.

Players like, Obafemi Martins, Peter Crouch, Downing, Wheater, Valencia, Pedersen, Santa cruz and Murphy. Good players, who would each like to move up a level from where they are and can improve the team. Then once City do that they can plan for the level after that and aim for the stars like kaka etc.

shadows

What chelsea did on 03-04 is what man.city must do now. Chelsea bought up all the good talent not at liverpool, manure or arsenal. Good players like Duff, Johnson, Joe Cole, Bridge etc

Before city reach that level above this one, they need to reach the next level, if you see what I am getting at. They should buy the good talent in the league not at the top 4.

Players like, Obafemi Martins, Peter Crouch, Downing, Wheater, Valencia, Pedersen, Santa cruz and Murphy. Good players, who would each like to move up a level from where they are and can improve the team. Then once City do that they can plan for the level after that and aim for the stars like kaka etc.

The difference b/n Chelsea and here is that Chelsea had an easier chance to attract players because they were able to guarentee CL to the players year in year out..City cannot do that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans