Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
Jeez, Perez and that bloody roof, he won't give it up. It's all about image and what we have that others don't with him. He's lost his touch a little too, its like he cant tell the fans what they want to hear because this old school way of running of football clubs (based on promises) are far too uncertain in modern football when centred around money.

Beast

The Observer
No i think he is at the stage of going back to PSV or trying his fortunes in Serie A to prolong his career.. he still has it but i doubt he will be part of our setup for next winter

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
I could see him doing brilliantly for an Italian team for some reason. I always envisaged him playing for Milan or Juve, a slow, measured buildup then an unhurried, perfectly paced finish. Cool as can be :cool: Kind of contributes to the stereotype that the Serie A is a retirement home though :tongue:

Heath Newton

Ruud is very loved in Madrid by majority of fans.. u can always expect 100 % from him.. excellent goal per game ratio
if you go back to when he really started scoring it's unbelievable.
i know you could find this out yourself,but at heerenveen and den bosch i'm not sure he was regarded as just an out and out striker :unsure: but since then he's done
PSV 62 in 67
MUFC 95 in 150
Real 45 in 57

and nowadays,at the level he's played at for the last 10 years,202 goals in 274 (?) games is pretty good.

he ain't pretty to watch but he is lethal .. one of the top forwards in the world in the past few years.. we sure missed him ..
the greatest in United ? could be.. Real had better of course including fat Ronaldo , Puskas , Sanchez (the best IMO ), El Vulture Butre and Di Stefano
greatest goalscorer?yes.for me,imo.but we've never really had one as consistent as him.
i remember when brian mcclair got 20 league goals and being chuffed :$ cos i'd never seen it in my time that i could remember. :unsure:

even at his age and with a very long year out for injury still the latest polls indicate fans would want him to stay ahead of people like Raul.. and that says a lot about him even though he was never shy about how much he loved United till now .. i'll add his great personality to young players like Huntelaar who Ruud invited over his house a lot since his arrival and helped him adjust
i think apart from the fall out with ronaldo (shit happens,they should've got past it,but hey-ho :rolleyes:) he was spot on with us too,and he seems pretty humble and an all round decent guy.

odd stat,born on the same day as Patrick Kluivert.

Beast

The Observer
Are you for Real? United and Madrid 'put pen to paper' on £70m Ronaldo transfer

A respected Spanish newspaper claims Manchester United and Real Madrid have already signed contracts on a world-record deal to take Cristiano Ronaldo to the Bernabeu this summer.

It is claimed that the clubs have agreed a £71.5million fee for the 24-year-old, which is subject to secrecy clauses and Madrid's new president taking up the option.
Former president Ramon Calderon has long hinted that there was an agreement in principle and Sportsmail understands that Madrid officials have been confident for some time that they would finally land their man at the end of the season.
Sportsmail revealed last month that the LalLiga giants believed they had a deal in place and El Pais' reports have further supported that claim.

But now Spanish national newspaper El Pais claims to reveal details of actual contracts and clauses that have been pored over by the clubs and Ronaldo himself.
The total value of the deal would be in excess of 100m euros (£89m) when taking into account a big cut for Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes. The former Sporting Lisbon player could expect to pick up £12.5m a year - a whopping £240,000 a week.

The alleged contract states that United would have to accept a bid of £71.5m after July 1, provided that neither side divulges details before May 31. Whether apparent press leaks such as this scupper the deal remain to be seen.

The new Madrid president would have to accept the deal, too, and this is where El Pais sees a stumbling block to the agreement.
Florentino Perez, the man who ushered in the era of the Galacticos earlier in the decade, is expected to win elections on June 14 and return to the post he walked away from just over three years ago.
He is understood to be keen on Ronaldo but, despite sensational claims to the contrary, it is unlikely he could sanction a deal for both the United star and AC Milan playmaker Kaka.
Kaka is seen as a cheaper option who would free up cash for other targets, leaving Perez with a dilemma.
United have consistently said there is no secret deal in place and insist Ronaldo will go nowhere. The player has even brushed off reports in recent weeks.

But El Pais repeat claims that he only agreed to stay at Old Trafford last summer on the understanding that it would be his last season in England.
United's No 7 has already taken a patent on 'CR9', leading to speculation he will wear a new number at the Bernabeu.
Madrid legend Raul wears Ronaldo's current number, while it is suggested that Madrid officials want him to restore pride to the No 9 shirt currently worn by outcast Javier Saviola.
Just as Ronaldo followed in the footsteps of George Best, Bryan Robson and David Beckham, at Madrid he would be asked to emulate Alfredo di Stefano and Hugo Sanchez.
El Pais is not one of Spain's hyperbolic sports papers and their stories often carry gravitas.

Reports in Portuguese paper Record appear to support the claims by saying that Ronaldo has already accepted a deal. Record suggests Portugal defender Pepe could be part of a part-exchange agreement.
--------------------------------------------------
As i said in CR topic.. i believe the details released to El Pais is probably leaked by Perez to get out of the deal .. now i'm thinking it could be Calderon who is facing a court decided to screw Perez and leaked the deal so Man U can keep him.. however this could explain the farce that occurred during Man City game during CR substitution

Warik

Probably Beast, afterall bit stupid adding the kick back line of "if the details become public before May 31st it gets cancelled" means the paper can say they were right, but if it doesn't happen they have a get-out card.

T

TheReason

Are the whole of Madrid board masturbating over this Ronaldo fella....heheheheheI pray he arrives and the the whole squad mutiny......MADRID ARE A DISGRACE TO WORK FOOTBALL are the moment....FC HOLLYWOOD might just follow the path of Bilbao, Deportivo, Leeds and other former powerhouse of Europe.... who in his right sense would leave a team where u can win everything in the world and go to a team who cant ,make final 8 in Europe???

If Ronaldo leaves United he wld probably go places like Inter...coz the barac board wld probabaly not accept such a knob in the squad.........

Nándor

tomorrow should be the "big day" and we'll know wether pérez represents himself and if that, what his plans are, team is. a conference has been sceduled for 11:30 it has been reported.
i'm excited to see what he has to say, there are still rumors out there, that say he won't run at all due to personal issues. i don't really believe that. if that was true, than people like valdano and zizou would not have been talking that much to the press about players and the actual squad as of late.

meanwhile AS claims, that ribéry has accepted pérez' offer. zizou was a big factor in that deal. although nothing can be made puoblic until the bundesliga ends (bayern are still in the race for the title).
i hope this is true, ribéry would be awesome for real and a great start regarding signing new players.

xabi alonso is said to be put into the market by l'pool. they also slapped a 30m € price tag on the player. should be too much for pérez' taste. i guess he will get a better price, unless juve slide in and are willed to pay that 30m €.

casillas once again stated his desire of more spaniards for real and for juande ramos to stay. with regards to the spaniards, he refered to the valencia trio villa, mata and silva as examples.
like beast said, pretty strong, coming from one of the captains.

as for spaniards/cantera...real are said to buy back negredo AS WELL AS granero. while negredos name came up before with regards to that matter, granero had been no more than speculation till now.

one more, inter are said to be interested in robben. i find that hard to believe, but the bottom line: real should get rid of him as long as there are clubs out there willed to pay some good money for the egoistic unefficiant f...!!! plus, provided ribéry does join, robben is even more useless since ribéry is way better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans