Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nándor

update on tomorrows press conference:

as per "pipi" estrada (MARCA writer, "el inalámbrico") florentino pérez will only talk about the reasons why he quit and why he comes back with regards to tomorrows press conference. the official presentation as a candidate will be on 21st may. until then he won't give any information or details on his staff, his project and players.

further, "pipi" estrada claims to know "from within", that four players will form the base of pérez' project. those four being kaka', c. ronaldo, xabi alonso and david villa. cesc fábregas and david silva won't be part of that base (though it sounds like they could still be bought in order to add more spanish flavor).
he also meantions the possibility of a surprise signing of mata (highly unlikely imo)

-----------------------------------------------

i guess we'll have to wait more before any clearence regarding all this will kick in.

T

TheReason

So what exactly does that mean? he run or not? Sad that Perez looks like the only saviour for the team now eh!!1 maybe he would sell Raul and Casillas??

Maybe we wld sign the European XI, maybe just maybe.........some apology and a sense of decency to shut up!! and stop embarassing the institution of madrid!! pftah!! Eugenio martinez it shall be............

Beast

The Observer
Martinez don't have the money yet and picking Michel for a manager means he just lost the elections
as for your points.. Madrid is not Perez , it's the long history that makes Real Madrid & Barca not their presidents ..,
Perez never embarrassed Madrid by his speeches but by his galactico obsession .. so far all you read & hear are rumors ..the man himself said nothing except he will be doing an official presentation tomorrow so hold your horses and don't jump into conclusion and make (sorry to say ) Absurd comparison with Leeds,Bilbao et al

the possible new face that could enter the elections is long time Madrid captain Manolo Sanchez.. that's out of the blue if it happen

Nándor

So what exactly does that mean? he run or not?

it means, that tomorrow he will tell wether he present himself or not, but in the meantime, he won't tell anything concret...like who his staff will be, what his project would look like and what players he will bring with him. that will all be told on the OFFICIAL PRESENTATION as a president on the 21st of may.

till then, all speculation like beast said. some more some less.

Beast

The Observer
he won't announce any names tomorrow.. no way.. most teams have important games in their league or cups.. it will be just "big player or 2 , great project..blah blah blah " and names will come at later stage end of May/beginning of june

Nándor

come summer transfer window, i'm starting to become more curious about the plans regarding the defensive line.

so far the only addition there looks to be garay. though he's a player calderon signed, remains to be seen wether pérez wants to keep him or not.
and with canna & heinze out, there won't be any defender left with "experience".

i'm also curious to see how the saga surrounding pepe will end. i can't imagine he will really quit football and believe he will continue playing for real. but then again...nothing is certain in todays world of football.

Beast

The Observer
i think our defense will be our attack.. control the ball and cut the pass early on and u won't need big defenders .. it's Garay,Metzelder-Ramos-Pepe for the 4 CB , Marcelo-Miguel Torres.. which means u need 2 additional FB or one CB & one FB if Ramos stays on the right..

the press isn't concentrating on such targets at the moment it's hard to tell

Nándor

the lack of press speculation is exactly why that issue is getting more and more interesting for me. i'm kinda like getting bored by the other speculations, since there is barely anything new, always the usual suspects.

but so far, bruno alves and clichy have been the only defenders linked with a move, while raul albiol remains unmeantioned (despite half valencia being linked with a move to real). personally i see juanito as an interesting option. not sure wether he would do well at madrid or not, but the facts that he is international with spain, expirienced, well adopted to la liga, spanish and available for free makes him an intersting option in my book. especially since i'm not really all that convinced about garay tbh. not to meantion queen mary aka metzelder. i'd gladly cash in on him by shipping queen mary back to the bundesliga (basically schalke under felix magath) while signing juanito for free.

Beast

The Observer
seems like u'r idea of betis is one game.. Juanito is way way over the hill .. we are better of playing Heinze as a CB ..

Metzelder is really good and Valdano likes him .. Garay is a suspect i said that so many times.. it's a 50-50

Nándor

actually i took this season completely out of my judgement, since betis were crap. the idea is more like a combination of memories plus curiosity how he would do in a team like the upcoming (rumored) real madrid. i believe he still has one or two good (or even great) seasons in him when he is surrounded by a better team than this seasons betis.

though, for sure any team signing him would take a risk...i neither doubt that nore wanna argue about that.

btw beast, a little off topic, do you still follow david moreno??? i lost track ever since he signed for almeria b team, but i'd like to see how he develops.

Warik

Well tomorrow looks like a copout doesn't it? He keeps delaying and delaying...bet once it gets close to 21st May there'll be another delay.

I've actually gone to the bookmakers and asked what the odds a Barça player will be on his manifesto will be. Couldn't get any odds but they are going to look into putting some up after I reminded them of Perez last time...

Nándor

Well tomorrow looks like a copout doesn't it? He keeps delaying and delaying...bet once it gets close to 21st May there'll be another delay.

well, basically it's down to the leagues around europe not being finished yet. plus, we all know pérez is a perfectionist, thus he won't come out with any official statement regarding his plans before he hasn't sorted out every little detail, which includes players & coach above all. once he'll come out and give the details, it'll be: "i already HAVE ... SIGNED" instead of "i will go for ..."

in order to make that kind of statements, he has to wait till the season is over.

Beast

The Observer
don't take this bet Warik.. losing one IMHO

actually i took this season completely out of my judgement, since betis were crap. the idea is more like a combination of memories plus curiosity how he would do in a team like the upcoming (rumored) real madrid. i believe he still has one or two good (or even great) seasons in him when he is surrounded by a better team than this seasons betis.

though, for sure any team signing him would take a risk...i neither doubt that nore wanna argue about that.

btw beast, a little off topic, do you still follow david moreno??? i lost track ever since he signed for almeria b team, but i'd like to see how he develops.

he is very bad (Juanito ) a liability and not just this season.. 3-4 season since Betis last entered the CL
don't know anything about Moreno but looks like he stopped developing well and not as expected.. maybe that explains why they let him go to Almeria.. not every talented kid end up a Messi or Raul..

AS flagging Ribery as a the RW, Marca flagging Antonio Valencia.. who will be right.. remains to be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans