Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Well I think they will raise some cash from Kaka and I wouldn't be surprised if Ramos was used in a player plus cash deal this summer.

S

Snyde

BTW I know Ribery can play at both LW and RW but I've also heard he can pull the strings from an AM position but never seen it...Is it true?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I`m actually happy for Madrid taking Ronaldo. I don`t like him anyway and whats most important, La Liga is showing everyone that we can take World Player of the Year form the best team in Premiership.

La Liga>>Premiership :cool:

shadows

Florentino Perez to run for Real Madrid president

Florentino Perez has announced that he will run for Real Madrid president in this summer's election.

Perez said Thursday that he will present himself for the club's June vote.

Perez led Madrid between 2000-06, when the club won two league titles and one Champions League trophy in the "galactico" era that featured high-priced stars like Zinedine Zidane, David Beckham and Ronaldo.

Perez, who said he made a mistake in not running for re-election, said fans could expect a "spectacular" project that would quickly bring Madrid back to the top of European soccer. Perez mentioned stars like Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka, but did not reveal any plans for signings.

Perez is the favorite to win after Ramon Calderon resigned amid a vote-rigging scandal.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

S

Snyde

Well Perez should be threat enough and Laporta's last season should be motivation enough for us to buy big before he is elected. Thereby strengthening the squad enough to dominate three trophies next year. Perez coming might turn out be a very good thing for us.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Ribery and Villa are my hopes for the summer. If we get them I will be so happy :D. They will cost a bit though. But not as much as Ronaldo and Kaka !

S

Snyde

Yeah and we should be sure that Cesc will not go to Madrid. With or without Wenger. Also I'd love Xabi Alonso.

BTW it's quite hilarious how Calderon paved the way for Perez to get Ronaldo. :lmao:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I wouldn't be concerned if Ronaldo signed for Madrid but Kaka would bring something to that team. He would worry me if he plays to his potential.

Warik

TBH I reckon they'll forget Ronaldo and go for Ribery. I just don't see how they can get both Ronaldo and Ribery to fit in the same team. If they do play a 4 man midfield then you have Ronaldo who doesn't track back, Ribery who also rarely tracks back, Kaka who also isn't known for it and then you have possibly Lass there to do all the defensive work like Makelele. That simply doesn't work in the game as it is currently, it worked in the early 00's when English teams couldn't defend as well and weren't as tactically astute, but now it doesn't Real would be eaten alive if they got all 3 of those players, especially away from home. One man protecting your back 4 with defensively lazy players around him = suicide in modern football.

There is alot of talk of Real getting Ribery, but if they get him they need to forget Ronaldo IMO and use the money to instead buy Xabi Alonso, someone who isn't scared to put a shift in defensively aswell as offering alot going forward. Ribery you can at least see from his L'OM days that he can put in some hard work closing down, Ronaldo you just can't...but anyway it comes down to either one of Ronaldo or Ribery, not both, and then add Kaka and Xabi Alonso then a CB to replace Cannavaro.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yeah and we should be sure that Cesc will not go to Madrid. With or without Wenger. Also I'd love Xabi Alonso.

BTW it's quite hilarious how Calderon paved the way for Perez to get Ronaldo. :lmao:

Perez says he wants both Cesc and Alonso, also Alvaro Negredo from Almería besides Kaka and Ronaldo.

S

Snyde

We should be getting Ribery before the elections so Madrid should just be rubbing their hands and focus on getting cry baby and Mr. 'I belong to Jesus Navas'. Also Xabi would be a superb option for us.

Guardian

Real Madrid could afford Kaka if they offer Ramos + 40M. I don't think Milan would refuse.
Ronaldo is too expensive and his salary could stop Perez from his idea to sign the Portuguese, so he should go for Ribery. Actually this would be my transfer plan if I was Perez:

Kaka - 40M + Sergio Ramos
Ribery - 20M + Robben
X. Alonso - M. Diarra + Negredo
Filipe Melo - 15M + Gago
Silva+Albiol+Miguel - 40M (22 for Silva, 8 for Miguel, 10 for Albiol + some youngsters)
Sissokho - 10M
--------
All: 125M

also out:
Marcello - 8-10M to some English/Italian team
Sneijder - 15-20 M to Juve or Man City
Van Nistelrooy - 6-8M max
Guti - 4-6M
Metzelder - 7M
Van der Vaart - 8-10M
Drenthe - 5-6M
Salgado+Dudek+Cannavaro
= >< 60M income

So Real need like 60-65M up to 80M for summer signings and refreshing the team, which is achievable

First team
----Casillas
Miguel--Pepe--Albiol--Sissokho
----X. Alonso--F. Melo------
--Ribery---Kaka----Silva
-------Higuain------

Second team
------Codina-----
Torres--Garay--X. Garcia--Heinze
Parejo--De la Red--Lass--Granero
----Raul--Huntelaar--

What do you think of this, Beast?