Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Eff all for leaving Mo's forum. I missed you.

I will post on both websites. By the way, nice forum you got there Bojan (owner of the website right?).

Before I go on about the players we are going to invest in, I would like to touch on one subject I noticed in this Madrid team - Trust. Going through all the ups and down, from managerial changes to presidential issues the bond was absolutely torn apart. I saw it on the pitch and I saw it in the management. Players did not communicate very well, players did not trust their teammates, some were ignored, some kept to themselves, some were withdrawn and some just suffered this horrible campaign through no fault of their own.

The Hunt for example would scrape for service, however more often than not, he was left out and ignored by his teammates who looked for familiar faces despite his killer instinct in front of the goal. There was absolutely no communication between Pepe and Cannavaro this season. Robben never gave the ball away to anyone, we all know how selfish he is but there was on continuous occasions he would never pass the ball to obvious choices. Raul only trusted himself. There is no thorough understanding among the whole team. Juande Ramos did a fantastic job in instilling some unity through a well worked system until we were really found out by Liverpool and Barcelona. It was sad to see players like Lass and Ramos get stripped off the ball while crying for support and movement.

If Juande is to leave, then bring me a manager that will instill belief a la Capello.
Either way, I honestly couldn't careless about the names brought in. I was always a firm believer that football starts at the feet and when I was asked about my obsession with dribblers I couldn't answer it back then, but this Real Madrid team was awful. Technically the players were garbage. As much as I love Gago he couldn't dribble further than 10 meters with the ball as he has no ability to. What we lacked was someone comfortable on the ball, someone who knows how to beat his marker in order to get away from their opponents. Basic football.

That is what we should be looking at Madrid. It was no coincidence Zidane gave his shirt to Riquelme, he gave it to him because Riquelme protected the ball as an attacking midfielder with brilliant vision. We can't rely on storming other teams with quick passes the way we did, that is simply not going to work. We need a maestro down the middle one way or another. This whole winger bullshit can be taken somewhere else, not Madrid.

Watch Grenaro, watch Negredo, watch Mata, watch De la Red, Jurado, Parejo, and compare them to the players we have. Drenthe couldn't keep his balance (not to mention he is a dumbass). VDV doesn't do anything. Gago technically is horrendous. M. Diarra improved a lot but is still untrust worthy with the ball on his feet. It is not about defending attacks, what we lacked was technical skill in midfield. At the core of every single successful team this year was a group of midfielders able to keep the ball at the feet comfortably.

Our academy produces technically sound players, who are comfortable on the ball with their feet, and when we replaced them with foreigners, we missed out on the fact that none of them are comfortable with the ball or have the brains.

That is not to say we did not buy or have gems. Marcelo for one scored goals, and provided a lot of assists to Raul because he was able to move the ball up on his own when no space for a pass was found. Robben did well (although god knows how much I dislike him) because he dicked players left and right with his ability to weave through. Higuain scored goals out of no where because as an Argentine, he was able to move the ball around. Lass is a joy to watch and so effective because of rush midfielders and strip them of the ball but also maintain possession as he is a fantastic footballer. A little more direction and he is my main man. Torres had an outstanding contribution during Capello for his ability to the move the ball up and create width with proper crosses in. Overlooked for some odd reason, but I'd trust him considering how the game lacks LBs.

Me and Beast were talking about how we lacked a player down the middle who was able to control the ball comfortably and so eloquently. De la Red was supposed to be that player but unfortunately he suffered cardiac problems and we are awaiting further developments.

Edward's assessment of Pepe is exaggerated. New age defenders are in the mold of Pepe, they are comfortable on the ball first and are able to clear the ball whilst maintaining possession. The moment I see Real Madrid defenders hoofing the ball because they don't know what to do with it, will be the day I pluck my eyes out. Partner him up with a more cautious and composed defender and they will be sublime together. Defending 101, pressure and sweep. Puyol and Marquez, Terry and Carvalho, Rio and Vidic and the list goes on.

This is the spine of the team:

Casillas
Ramos Pepe CB Torres
Lass
Robben MF MF Marcelo
Higuain Hunt

Hard workers, comfortable on the ball, exciting and effective. It is a 4 4 2, but this is a simple illustration as to how we can compete in Europe.

Out with:

Heinze, Cannavaro, VDV, Drenthe, Saviola, Salgado, Faubert (clown).

Sorry if my first post was too very offensive or with a sharp tone, I haven't discussed Madrid in so long and it is boiling up inside.

Beast

The Observer
well, the claims coming from both AS and MARCA the other day was, that pérez is looking to present himself wiht four cracks as the base of his project. those four players were in both cases kaka', CR and villa, whereas MARCA had ribéry and AS xabi alonso as the fourth. today both claim that pérez has agreed a deal with kaka' and MARCA say ribéry is up next.

i think we could seriously look at having all those at madrid by the end of the summer, especially when you read between the lines of pérez' press conference and do the math

- they have to make in one year the work of three => we know he loved signing one crack every single year...three cracks this summer (CR, kaka', ribéry and villa)??? with one being a bonus, kinda like a thank you or i'm sorry to have left the last time gift :lol:
- cristiano ronaldo is among the best player. the best players have to play for real madrid => just do the math.

now, wether he gets all of them in the end, remains to be seen. but i'm pretty damn sure, he'll a least try for all of those. one reason why i'm quite positiv about the sale of all dutchies. VDV could smoothen ribérys deal, the hunter could smoothen CR, ruud maybe kaka' since milan love the old.
who knows...however it looks to become a really buisy summer and it's already fun to talk and speculate about it:D
KJH is very popular in Madrid & the fans believe in him.. i don't think he or Higuain are on the selling block at all and SAF if he will move for a forward he will look for pace (Benzema for example ) .. and i do believe he will look for cash only as he will have his own targets ... if he will ask for a player it will be Sneijder to replace Scholes IMO

Eff all for leaving Mo's forum. I missed you.

I will post on both websites. By the way, nice forum you got there Bojan (owner of the website right?).

Before I go on about the players we are going to invest in, I would like to touch on one subject I noticed in this Madrid team - Trust. Going through all the ups and down, from managerial changes to presidential issues the bond was absolutely torn apart. I saw it on the pitch and I saw it in the management. Players did not communicate very well, players did not trust their teammates, some were ignored, some kept to themselves, some were withdrawn and some just suffered this horrible campaign through no fault of their own.

The Hunt for example would scrape for service, however more often than not, he was left out and ignored by his teammates who looked for familiar faces despite his killer instinct in front of the goal. There was absolutely no communication between Pepe and Cannavaro this season. Robben never gave the ball away to anyone, we all know how selfish he is but there was on continuous occasions he would never pass the ball to obvious choices. Raul only trusted himself. There is no thorough understanding among the whole team. Juande Ramos did a fantastic job in instilling some unity through a well worked system until we were really found out by Liverpool and Barcelona. It was sad to see players like Lass and Ramos get stripped off the ball while crying for support and movement.

If Juande is to leave, then bring me a manager that will instill belief a la Capello.
Either way, I honestly couldn't careless about the names brought in. I was always a firm believer that football starts at the feet and when I was asked about my obsession with dribblers I couldn't answer it back then, but this Real Madrid team was awful. Technically the players were garbage. As much as I love Gago he couldn't dribble further than 10 meters with the ball as he has no ability to. What we lacked was someone comfortable on the ball, someone who knows how to beat his marker in order to get away from their opponents. Basic football.

That is what we should be looking at Madrid. It was no coincidence Zidane gave his shirt to Riquelme, he gave it to him because Riquelme protected the ball as an attacking midfielder with brilliant vision. We can't rely on storming other teams with quick passes the way we did, that is simply not going to work. We need a maestro down the middle one way or another. This whole winger bullshit can be taken somewhere else, not Madrid.

Watch Grenaro, watch Negredo, watch Mata, watch De la Red, Jurado, Parejo, and compare them to the players we have. Drenthe couldn't keep his balance (not to mention he is a dumbass). VDV doesn't do anything. Gago technically is horrendous. M. Diarra improved a lot but is still untrust worthy with the ball on his feet. It is not about defending attacks, what we lacked was technical skill in midfield. At the core of every single successful team this year was a group of midfielders able to keep the ball at the feet comfortably.

Our academy produces technically sound players, who are comfortable on the ball with their feet, and when we replaced them with foreigners, we missed out on the fact that none of them are comfortable with the ball or have the brains.

That is not to say we did not buy or have gems. Marcelo for one scored goals, and provided a lot of assists to Raul because he was able to move the ball up on his own when no space for a pass was found. Robben did well (although god knows how much I dislike him) because he dicked players left and right with his ability to weave through. Higuain scored goals out of no where because as an Argentine, he was able to move the ball around. Lass is a joy to watch and so effective because of rush midfielders and strip them of the ball but also maintain possession as he is a fantastic footballer. A little more direction and he is my main man. Torres had an outstanding contribution during Capello for his ability to the move the ball up and create width with proper crosses in. Overlooked for some odd reason, but I'd trust him considering how the game lacks LBs.

Me and Beast were talking about how we lacked a player down the middle who was able to control the ball comfortably and so eloquently. De la Red was supposed to be that player but unfortunately he suffered cardiac problems and we are awaiting further developments.

Edward's assessment of Pepe is exaggerated. New age defenders are in the mold of Pepe, they are comfortable on the ball first and are able to clear the ball whilst maintaining possession. The moment I see Real Madrid defenders hoofing the ball because they don't know what to do with it, will be the day I pluck my eyes out. Partner him up with a more cautious and composed defender and they will be sublime together. Defending 101, pressure and sweep. Puyol and Marquez, Terry and Carvalho, Rio and Vidic and the list goes on.

This is the spine of the team:

Casillas
Ramos Pepe CB Torres
Lass
Robben MF MF Marcelo
Higuain Hunt

Hard workers, comfortable on the ball, exciting and effective. It is a 4 4 2, but this is a simple illustration as to how we can compete in Europe.

Out with:

Heinze, Cannavaro, VDV, Drenthe, Saviola, Salgado, Faubert (clown).

Sorry if my first post was too very offensive or with a sharp tone, I haven't discussed Madrid in so long and it is boiling up inside.

Welcome to the forum Raed :) glad you joined buddy we missed talking to you and reading your long posts :D..you should introduce your self in the new members section

Brilliant post i agree with it , as we discussed many times.. it's that no 10 position Real need the most another similar Zidane type of player there isn't plenty of players who can do the job out there.. Kaka-Gourcuff-Diego.. with the later 100 % heading for Juve .. it's down to the first 2 .. somehow i don't trust Cesc to do a good job in that position he lacks something.. maybe finesse

i also think they will look for a pure RW to use Robben + Marcelo (LW and sub ) maybe even put Marcelo as a LB and make him the attacking LB while Ramos is pushed as a CB

with the entire fans/press/current players are jumping for Spanish flavor (rightfully Spain is the best team in the world ) .. i think we are looking for Xabi and Valencia /liga players ..
the problem is not plenty of great spanish players outside Barca ...Valencia guys are all upfront so we are left with our own people...

i think it's easier to get a good RB then a CB ATM .. i honestly believe Real problem was lack of keeping the ball upfront from our midfield then our defense being good or bad ..we always left our defense exposed possibly to the best in the world (Torres-Messi-Henry..etc ) .. we are not bring fear to teams.. we rely on our never say die attitude more then our players talent ..

some cracks in some position would transfer Real to a feared team once again cause for example if you have a

CR---------Kaka--------Robben
you can bet even if you play Barca their midfield will be worried about keeping the ball away from those guys (no disrespect to Barca it's the same way we feared your attack and midfield line )

more importantly ahead of all this a proper manager.. and i think i will be looking forward to who will be in charge then who will be coming as a player
the Zidane-Valdano duet is very promising 2 renowned gentleman who understand football and the beautiful game not Mijatovic
and Raed u forgot to put Gago in the out list he is really bad ...

R

Red Devil

Madrid have been poor for a few years have'nt they I cant take them serious with Gabriel Heinze at full back he may of played for United but the lad lacked pace and after a good first season he struggled .

Add to that Raul is getting alot older and there defence is shocking other than Sergio Ramos .

Viva Barca I hope you dominate for years to come .

Beast

The Observer
Marca has reported today that Perez signed Kaka for 63 Million Euro and 8 Million a year for Kaka with Milan approval .. the only thing remaining is the amount paid for his agent (Kaka's dad ) .. the transfer will be announced probably on the 4th of June ..

Good deal for both parties Kaka is the type of Player Real desperately need and Milan need the money to build their team.. i guess Gourcuff is 100 % heading back to Milan if that's the case..

UPDATE: AS reported the same thing adding that Real got 50 % of Kaka image right as well...

Last edited:

Warik

Goal.com comments make me laugh.

"a word of advice, Barca kids, search in history and you will see RM beating Barca 5-0 and even 6-0.. This is your dream team and we are playing with our worst team, and yet this is all what you could do.. Word... WAIT FOR PEREZ SQUAD and we will put your back on your defeat track..."

I suppose he forgot the occasions we have also thumped you 5-0?? I like how he says a 6-2 is ALL we could do, when if it wasn't for Casillas it could of been 10 or even 12...correct me if i'm wrong Beast but the 'manita' score is actually in Barça's favour now isn't it? I suppose he should be the one looking back at history especially as he doesn't know this isn't our dream team...Great posturing though from an obvious plastic fan who knows nothing about Real Madrid...eh Beast?

Anyway tbh if I were Real i'd take a Xabi Alonso, he is like a rich mans Gago when you think about it, much was made of Gago's passing and ability to defend when he joined, but Xabi goes way beyond that. No point having all the attacking talent in the world if you have no one to pull the strings. Kaka won't pull the strings like Zidane used to, so Xabi is your best bet IMO.

Beast

The Observer
Goal.com comments make me laugh.

"a word of advice, Barca kids, search in history and you will see RM beating Barca 5-0 and even 6-0.. This is your dream team and we are playing with our worst team, and yet this is all what you could do.. Word... WAIT FOR PEREZ SQUAD and we will put your back on your defeat track..."

I suppose he forgot the occasions we have also thumped you 5-0?? I like how he says a 6-2 is ALL we could do, when if it wasn't for Casillas it could of been 10 or even 12...correct me if i'm wrong Beast but the 'manita' score is actually in Barça's favour now isn't it? I suppose he should be the one looking back at history especially as he doesn't know this isn't our dream team...Great posturing though from an obvious plastic fan who knows nothing about Real Madrid...eh Beast?

Anyway tbh if I were Real i'd take a Xabi Alonso, he is like a rich mans Gago when you think about it, much was made of Gago's passing and ability to defend when he joined, but Xabi goes way beyond that. No point having all the attacking talent in the world if you have no one to pull the strings. Kaka won't pull the strings like Zidane used to, so Xabi is your best bet IMO.

It's a foolish comment no doubt forgetting that through out history Barca & Real managed some big result over each others .. doesn't mean the other team is bad just a good strong rivalry .. in fact in the last 20 years after each humiliation the other team manage to repay the other team the next season the Barca Maniata win from the original dream team was followed by a Maniata from Real the following season under Laudrup.. last year we beat you 4-1 with a guard of honor this year you repaid us with an impressive 6-2 in our home .. even though the overall wins are in Real favor (so is the trophies ) Madridistas know that Barca will always be a strong team and our main rival for trophies domestically as old friend Jamain loved to say you are the yin to our yang

some fans will react like this but you know Warik that goal.com is mostly about plastic wanna be real fans nothing more..

Xabi is very very important but so is Kaka.. our midfield lack those 2.. Real had solved Xabi position earlier this season with De La Red until the sad events occurred .. amazingly Real results went down dramatically as soon as De La Red had his heart problem.. if De La red is officially out then Xabi is a must.. but i consider him & Kaka the main 2 important signing i go as far as saying we can settle for Negredo+Granero+Kaka & Xabi and that would be good enough for next season and i will be happy .

Beast

The Observer
Can someone explain why Madrid took Faubert on loan from West Ham ? Doesn't make sense.

ok i've explained this like 20 times in this thread in the last month so for the LAST TIME

- Real needed a winger
- with the president gone, and the accounts approval meeting was rigged the current TEMPORALLY president cannot sign any large payments for players
- since we could not authorize any large payments due to the legal statues of the temp board Real had to look for players on loan in the position Ramos requested
- since no one would allow their players to go on loan mid season especially with the required level .. we came close to signing Valencia from Wigan but wigan needed cash not loan deal or part exchange with Saviola
- after looking around every where for a non cup tied player to play in the CL (Which basically taking away every good winger since most clubs played in UEFA cup or the CL ) the only club that didn't mind was West Ham and Faubert himself was in Real Madrid books since his Bordeaux days before he moved to West Ham and suffered long injury
so to please Ramos they gave him a RW even though he is not what he asked for.. they hoped Faubert would be motivated enough to find his old Bordeaux form (he was very impressive back then ) ..

so it make sense considering the above circumstances.. and before u ask Huntelaar & Lass deals were approved and signed by Calderon

Warik

I think the forum has an echo, because the same question keeps getting repeated....

I think the forum has an echo, because the same question keeps getting repeated....

See...

See...

See...

Wow...

Wow...

Wow...

Hello!!!...

Hello!!!...

Hello!!!...

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
KJH is very popular in Madrid & the fans believe in him.. i don't think he or Higuain are on the selling block at all and SAF if he will move for a forward he will look for pace (Benzema for example ) .. and i do believe he will look for cash only as he will have his own targets ... if he will ask for a player it will be Sneijder to replace Scholes IMO

Welcome to the forum Raed :) glad you joined buddy we missed talking to you and reading your long posts :D..you should introduce your self in the new members section

Brilliant post i agree with it , as we discussed many times.. it's that no 10 position Real need the most another similar Zidane type of player there isn't plenty of players who can do the job out there.. Kaka-Gourcuff-Diego.. with the later 100 % heading for Juve .. it's down to the first 2 .. somehow i don't trust Cesc to do a good job in that position he lacks something.. maybe finesse

i also think they will look for a pure RW to use Robben + Marcelo (LW and sub ) maybe even put Marcelo as a LB and make him the attacking LB while Ramos is pushed as a CB

with the entire fans/press/current players are jumping for Spanish flavor (rightfully Spain is the best team in the world ) .. i think we are looking for Xabi and Valencia /liga players ..
the problem is not plenty of great spanish players outside Barca ...Valencia guys are all upfront so we are left with our own people...

i think it's easier to get a good RB then a CB ATM .. i honestly believe Real problem was lack of keeping the ball upfront from our midfield then our defense being good or bad ..we always left our defense exposed possibly to the best in the world (Torres-Messi-Henry..etc ) .. we are not bring fear to teams.. we rely on our never say die attitude more then our players talent ..

some cracks in some position would transfer Real to a feared team once again cause for example if you have a

CR---------Kaka--------Robben
you can bet even if you play Barca their midfield will be worried about keeping the ball away from those guys (no disrespect to Barca it's the same way we feared your attack and midfield line )

more importantly ahead of all this a proper manager.. and i think i will be looking forward to who will be in charge then who will be coming as a player
the Zidane-Valdano duet is very promising 2 renowned gentleman who understand football and the beautiful game not Mijatovic
and Raed u forgot to put Gago in the out list he is really bad ...

On the other forum I was saying that Zidane and Valdano are the most important ones for me. I don't even know why I trust them, what makes them qualified?

I intentionally left Gago out Beast, he is very bad, in an ugly system full of medicore players. I know he technically is a bad player, his shooting is garbage, but he is useful as a team player. I am baised towards him (no fan isn't baised right?) because when everything was breaking in front of him, he was one of the very few who would at least try. It is an element of Real Madrid, and he has it. He deserves to stay.

Beast

The Observer
his position is already full (M Diarra & Lass ) if you add Xabi or Cesc beside a DM it means not place for him...

Gago hasn't developed as expected compared to Higuain for example even though both came at a young age and in their third years.. i trust Valdano and Zidane and if you read Valdano comments on TV during the Valencia game (go back couple of pages i posted them ) he opened fire on Gago in particular.. i think he is out .. he is the worst one available of all Dm's plus he will open space for Parejo in the midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans