Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil

Shabazz
AC Milan official site says there is no deal between Kaka and Madrid, only what the club or the palyer's agent say is to be believed and any other source is inaccurate.

E

Esteve

AC Milan official site says there is no deal between Kaka and Madrid, only what the club or the palyer's agent say is to be believed and any other source is inaccurate.

I read that too mate. Kaka to Madrid? I'll believe it when I see it....

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Good to see all of you too. Without sounding gay, I love you all.

I will check out the match chat thing. Sounds interesting.

Raed my friend.. the defeats this season (especially again in Europe ) has shown me where we are at the moment.. and on that i'm 100 % certain Gago is not Madrid material.. he may be brilliant in Villarreal or Arsenal .. but the image of him losing the ball plenty of times and getting muscled out makes me certain Gago should leave

by the way Raed we have a brilliant chat option every game (Real & Barca ) ..we don't post in the game thread except in half time & afterwards..

all you have to do is go to the forum front page... the chat box will appear.. u'll really like it.. it's a big big plus

Oh man, some of the images from this season makes me cringe. Between me and my self I always thought I shouldn't be a spoiled real madrid fan, thinking that I shoudln't take the Galactico era as an example of all of Real Madrid but who am I kidding? This team was made for legends. I can't believe I got myself excited over some of the players we brought in.

Definitely number 10, next season in the Bernabeu without doubt.

Same here but I always thought that winning the league first meant longevity.

Beast

The Observer
yep forgot to answer this.. no doubt the "Decima " i don't care if we don't win the league for 10 years ..we have 31 of those already .. it's the CL

The Galactico idea was good in idea (Great players + youth team ) but nightmare in application
and in order to do that u have to have good players and not just a make shift defender .. slowly & gradually give him experience.. Hierro leaving had a negative effect on Pavon who wasn't a top defender in the first place ..

the only time we could have established a Zidane Y Pavon was the De La Red - Soldado generation sadly we had no Zidane'S by that time

regarding Kaka it's normal to have denials .. it's more like getting fans excited .. no one will announce anything until the season is over

Beast

The Observer
he is the main answer to our problems..we can't function without a traditional play maker .. someone the players look up to and pass the ball to .. someone who can solve tactical problems

Beast

The Observer
Report: Zidane Recommends Blanc For Real Madrid Coach
The two former French internationals could be re-united at the Bernabeu, if 'Zizou' has his way.
May 16, 2009 8:29:26 PM

Zinedine Zidane has recommended Bordeaux coach Laurent Blanc to Real Madrid's prospective president, Florentino Perez.

According to Sport, Perez has asked members of his team to suggest a coach and Zidane, who is widely expected to have a role to play at Real Madrid, has built a case for Blanc.

The current Bordeaux coach, who played with Zidane for the French national team, has enjoyed a successful start to his managerial career. He was elected manager of the year last season after guiding his side to second, while they find themselves on top this season, pending Marseille's result tomorrow. Zidane favors him because of his commitment to attacking football, as well as his calm demeanor.

Blanc, however, is by no means the only candidate to take over from Juande Ramos. Jorge Valdano is said to favor Manuel Pellegrini, although the Chilean coach recently stated his intention to spend one more year at Villarreal. Arsene Wenger, Carlo Ancelotti and Jose Mourinho have also been mentioned, but the first two are not thought to be interested, while Valdano has vetoed the signing of Mourinho because he disagrees with his style of football
--------------------------
that would be an excellent choice for Real..he fits the criteria .. as expected Valdano would never allow Mourinho in the club

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Imagine Blanc cocks up badly. That's the end of that friendship ! Just arguing, I did no want to b ze coach and zoo made me.

Beast

The Observer
well Blanc record as a starter is impressive considering where Bordeaux was before him and what he did in less time..

i remember an article about Blanc describing what he did i'll try to fetch it , here it is

Blanc going down well at Bordeaux

When the less-than-fickle footballing fates threw together Laurent Blanc and Bordeaux, a fevered rush of excitement must have raced through sports newsrooms around France at the prospect of the host of oven-ready puns that appointment spawned.

'Bordeaux' is, traditionally, synonymous with red wine, while Blanc - for the less linguistically gifted - means 'white,' and the sports press have - much to their credit - run through the gambit of the glaringly obvious, bar the French equivalent of 'Blanc corks it up.'

That's because, while not quite a vintage just yet, Bordeaux has yet to experience a hangover during the former Manchester United defender's first foray into football management.

After Sunday's comprehensive 3-0 win over Paris St. Germain, 'Le President' and his side lie second in the table - just three points behind Lyon, and look as though they may take the title race past Easter for the first time since Karim Benzema played in France's under-11 league.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas - in a tired piece of kidology which fooled no-one - even claimed last week that Bordeaux are 'favourites' for the title, reasoning that as they no longer have Europe to worry about after their recent pitiful UEFA Cup exit to Anderlecht, they can focus all their energies on purely domestic chores.

Aulas is conveniently overlooking the fact that Lyon are also likely to be able to tuck away their passports for another year come the middle of this week, but that he can even feasibly make such a statement is a startling phenomenon in France after six years of Lyon-opoly.

In fact, Bordeaux finished second only two years ago under Ricardo, a Brazilian about as samba-esque as Stockport. However, coming up 15 points shy of Lyon at the finish gave the sense that they were very much the 'best of the rest.'

Ricardo - now at Monaco - could justifiably argue that the Lyon of two years' ago was a far more fearsome prospect than Alain Perrin's current crop. But there is the feeling that, under Blanc, les Girondins are being rebuilt on the ethos that saw Sylvain Wiltord et ak win them the title back in 1999 and could see them mature into Lyon's first genuine challengers since Didier Deschamps' Monaco in 2004.

While Ricardo produced ultra-defensive line-ups that beat opponents by dimming their wits rather than outwitting them, Blanc - a defender more associated with culture than clogging - has fashioned a side in his own image, and the players - like escaped convicts - are revelling in their new-found freedom.

'It's like a big release, we feel like we are allowed to do our job and play football again,' said parolee David Jemmali of Blanc's modus operandi earlier in the season. 'When Ricardo was here, even the strikers were defenders.'

There is not too much danger of that under Blanc, who immediately abandoned the 4-5-1 of his over-cautious predecessor to install a 4-4-2 habitually on the front foot and spearheaded by the familiar features of David Bellion - well, 'familiar' if you were a regular at Manchester United reserve team fixtures a couple of years ago.

Blanc's departure from Old Trafford in 2003, Premiership winners' medal in hand to go alongside the World Cup and Euro 2000 gongs, coincided with Bellion's arrival from Sunderland, which means the former international never got to see his pacy but headless-young-chicken of a compatriot bullying Northwich Vics in the Lancashire Senior Cup.

However, Blanc - like Peter Reid, Sir Alex Ferguson and unlike your average football fan - clearly spied something in Bellion that appealed, and he has been handsomely proved right since taking him off Nice's hands in the close season.

Before his form, like a New Year's Day bather, took a dip after Christmas, Bellion was France's second-top scorer - behind Benzema - with 11 goals, and though he is still stuck on that figure, his all-round displays have provoked cooing praise from public, press and - most importantly - Blanc.

Like all good managers, Blanc has also had a happy knack of marrying his own sound judgement with simple, blind luck, stumbling across the unpolished diamond that is Fernando Cavenaghi, a hirsute Argentine striker left in the back of a training ground drawer by the former regime.

Plucked from Spartak Moscow in January 2007, the 24-year-old looked out of his depth in the handful of games he played under Ricardo, and started this campaign as Silver to Bellion and Marouane Chamakh's Lone Ranger and Tonto.

But Chamakh disappearing for a month-long holiday with Morocco at the African Cup of Nations proved the catalyst for Cavenaghi, who has compensated for Bellion's goal-drought by poaching 8 goals in seven starts since the winter break.

A fly in the ointment is Cavenaghi's penchant for cards, of the 'yellow' rather than 'Michael Owen poker school' variety, which has helped Bordeaux to second-from-bottom in the Fair Play table and - far more significantly - is likely to deprive Blanc of one of his most potent weapons come 'squeaky bum time'.

Blanc, an intelligent and eloquent philosopher on the game on his rare sorties into media land, has also employed his man-management skills and tactical changes to coax a final hurrah from the dying embers of Johan Micoud's career.

Known as the 'Zidane of the Weser' in his Bremen days, the 34-year-old, back at the club where he first flourished and won the title eight years ago, had become the target of abuse from the habitually docile Stade Chaban-Delmas crowd after a series of anonymous performances last season.

That he was often played out of position by Ricardo escaped the attention of most, but Blanc has sensibly opted to employ his former international team-mate in his favoured central position just behind the front two à la Zidane, where Micoud has proved a calming and effective influence.

Coupled with the Brazilian Wendel - who notched an impressive hat-trick in the defeat of PSG - on the left and either Fernando Menegazzo or Alejandro Alonso on the right of a diamond-shaped midfield, Blanc's Bordeaux can boast the second most potent attack in France, again behind Lyon.

However, while Blanc's Bordeaux possesses an excellent finish, it is the notes of defensive frailty which could fatally undermine their title ambitions this season.

The use of Micoud means there is just one holding midfielder in Blanc's diamond, a role Alou Diarra has filled admirably since joining from Lyon in the close season.

The World Cup finalist spent more time whinging to the press than playing on the pitch in an ill-advised season at Lyon, but has flourished under Blanc, more than filling the hole left by Rio Mavuba's departure by putting in the sort of displays which had him earmarked as the next Patrick Vieira at his first club, Lens.

However, the support Diarra has received in snuffing out the opposition has been flimsier than a schoolboy's excuse. The loss of the athletic Julien Faubert to West Ham, compensated for by the additions of Lille cast-off Mathieu Chalmé and former Charlton man Souleymane Diawara has predictably failed to reinforce Blanc's ageing back four, which ranks as only the sixth best in the league.

That over-reliance on their attackers has left the side vulnerable when the front men have had an off-day, as capable of beating Monaco 6-0 - as they did in February - as losing 5-0 to Caen, a feat of underwhelming proportions achieved in November.

Blanc needs to spend his summer trying to blow his paltry summer transfer stash on shoring up his defence and keep his digits crossed that his strikers can repeat their form of this season come the next campaign.

Sunday's encounter with Lyon should give Blanc an inkling of just how much tinkering is still to be done, but there is every sign that Bordeaux and their boss - like a good wine - will simply get better with age.
----------------------
of course this was last year.. this year Bordeaux is currently first waiting for L'OM - Lyon game tonight

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
How is he tactically? He seems to fit players where they belong and adopted a good formation but how is he with players off the bench? Or it is only the French league so not much there to test?

Heath Newton

Definitely number 10, next season in the Bernabeu without doubt.

ahem....:rolleyes:

apart from our current hosts here,there'll be another team who'll either be super keen to win it for the 3rd time running and equal our fiercest rivals haul,or retain it,should we lose it in 10 days. :wave:

and we had all "it's our season because" when it was at OT when juve and milan got there,AND when it was in glasgow....."it's fate" we all said :(. when in reality we weren't good enough.

i'm not sure if your presidents tend to fulfil all their promises either,but if wholesale changes are gonna be made (ish) ,then surely it'll be all the harder to mould a team quick enough,regardless of there being a "destiny" feeling imbuing everyone at the start of the season.

i also disagree with beast about the league.
domestic is where it's at (though tbh,i'm desperate for us to equal liverpool's european record too now we've matched them for titles :$..but no-one said that slight hypocrisy is illegal did they?:mad::wink:)
we've shown that a big lead in titles won can be worn away in no time at all,and will usually coincide with some european success,and if barca retain the upper hand domestically,i believe you'd be hard pushed to solely be a "challenging champions league team" cos players losing title after title would surely be drained enough due to a prolonged period of barca success,to not be able to truly turn it on "on tap" which is kind of what you'd most likely end up doing.

also,by the time you realised it, your 31-9 next to barca's 20-2 (?) could be 31-10 compared to 28-6 and they'd be on your tail on all fronts (record wise) and the sense of superiority you MUST secretly feel would start to feel more like a sense of mild panic. :unsure:

i could be wildly wrong though. :$

Beast

The Observer
How is he tactically? He seems to fit players where they belong and adopted a good formation but how is he with players off the bench? Or it is only the French league so not much there to test?

not really.. most people remember who he gave Chelsea a good game this season in the CL same with Rome.. so he did quite well in Europe this season..

he use his players quite well and use the bench brilliantly .. maybe you could try to catch up some of Bordeaux few remaining games Raed

ahem....:rolleyes:

apart from our current hosts here,there'll be another team who'll either be super keen to win it for the 3rd time running and equal our fiercest rivals haul,or retain it,should we lose it in 10 days. :wave:

and we had all "it's our season because" when it was at OT when juve and milan got there,AND when it was in glasgow....."it's fate" we all said :(. when in reality we weren't good enough.

i'm not sure if your presidents tend to fulfil all their promises either,but if wholesale changes are gonna be made (ish) ,then surely it'll be all the harder to mould a team quick enough,regardless of there being a "destiny" feeling imbuing everyone at the start of the season.

i also disagree with beast about the league.
domestic is where it's at (though tbh,i'm desperate for us to equal liverpool's european record too now we've matched them for titles :$..but no-one said that slight hypocrisy is illegal did they?:mad::wink:)
we've shown that a big lead in titles won can be worn away in no time at all,and will usually coincide with some european success,and if barca retain the upper hand domestically,i believe you'd be hard pushed to solely be a "challenging champions league team" cos players losing title after title would surely be drained enough due to a prolonged period of barca success,to not be able to truly turn it on "on tap" which is kind of what you'd most likely end up doing.

also,by the time you realised it, your 31-9 next to barca's 20-2 (?) could be 31-10 compared to 28-6 and they'd be on your tail on all fronts (record wise) and the sense of superiority you MUST secretly feel would start to feel more like a sense of mild panic. :unsure:

i could be wildly wrong though. :$

with all due respect.. I understand your point of view but you have to consider each team has different priority and ambition .. Real got 31 league titles and can afford slip up domestically.. we never considered the league title enough .. it even happened twice with Capello who won the league on 2 different occasions 10 years apart and was dismissed ..
a general notion from Madrid fans we can always win the league it's our European glory that we seek to add to ..
it's different for you cause you were always number 2 to Liverpool , same way Cule's feel about the league.. this is what being second means to the fans ..
it's quite hard maybe for your to understand considering your 2 out of 3 CL trophies came in the last 10 years .. so with all due respect you are quite new to Europe.. teams like Real,Milan,Juve,Liverpool and even Inter (despite their awful European record ) will look for Europe first .. some teams (like Chelsea ) recently discovered what Europe is all about it and tried to reach that target any way they can and failed winning the domestic league is not enough ..
if Barca win the trophy this year they will start getting this amazing rush to win more in Europe.. the highlight of Barca dream team was not the 5 domestic leagues but Barca first European Trophy.. player like Belletti is average at best but he will always be in every Cule's mind not for his talent but for the winning goal in Paris..

so my friend it will take you 1 or 2 more CL trophies to start having this feeling meanwhile i feel it could be too hard for you to understand

Heath Newton

with all due respect.. I understand your point of view but you have to consider each team has different priority and ambition .. Real got 31 league titles and can afford slip up domestically.. we never considered the league title enough .. it even happened twice with Capello who won the league on 2 different occasions 10 years apart and was dismissed ..
a general notion from Madrid fans we can always win the league it's our European glory that we seek to add to ..
it's different for you cause you were always number 2 to Liverpool , same way Cule's feel about the league.. this is what being second means to the fans ..
it's quite hard maybe for your to understand considering your 2 out of 3 CL trophies came in the last 10 years .. so with all due respect you are quite new to Europe.. teams like Real,Milan,Juve,Liverpool and even Inter (despite their awful European record ) will look for Europe first .. some teams (like Chelsea ) recently discovered what Europe is all about it and tried to reach that target any way they can and failed winning the domestic league is not enough ..
if Barca win the trophy this year they will start getting this amazing rush to win more in Europe.. the highlight of Barca dream team was not the 5 domestic leagues but Barca first European Trophy.. player like Belletti is average at best but he will always be in every Cule's mind not for his talent but for the winning goal in Paris..
so my friend it will take you 1 or 2 more CL trophies to start having this feeling meanwhile i feel it could be too hard for you to understand

i absolutely agree with your point of view,but i would add that even though we've only won 3 european cups,there is a good reason for us to have such an affiliation with this tournament in particular.
sir matt busby went against the wishes of the english fa to take manchester united football club in to this very competition,and we might have had much fonder memories of the early years of the competition,and you might not have 9 now,but for munich :( ,and as a result,we've always regarded it as specially as anyone.(massively underachieved yes,but still felt differently about it).

catching liverpool has been our priority during the last 20 years and now we've done it,then as i suggested to someone who wanted banner ideas for rome,it's you we should be after now.(even if it sounds ridiculously far away,why not aim for the best record in europe now?)
my banner suggestion btw,was

F**k the scousers 5
It's Madrid we're after

:D

and i only really mentioned the league cos i'd noticed we were 11 away from liverpool when our run began,and i think if my maths are right,that barca are 11 behind you now. :detective:
bookmark this thread and we'll speak again in 15 years my friend. :D:D

Beast

The Observer
well i always tend to disagree what your "Munich " team would have done vs Real Madrid team considering the trio of Di Stefano - Puskas and one of Gento - Kopa was unstoppable and not a single team in europe was even close to that team quality .. however Sir Matt was a good friend of Santiago Bernabeu and we did help you a lot after the disaster

every team require more and after u tied with Pool u should be looking for the CL normally .. and i think Barca will do the same if they win it this year cause they have the team to compete well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans