Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadows

well i always tend to disagree what your "Munich " team would have done vs Real Madrid team considering the trio of Di Stefano - Puskas and one of Gento - Kopa was unstoppable and not a single team in europe was even close to that team quality .. however Sir Matt was a good friend of Santiago Bernabeu and we did help you a lot after the disaster

every team require more and after u tied with Pool u should be looking for the CL normally .. and i think Barca will do the same if they win it this year cause they have the team to compete well

+1 Beast..Their Busby babes team is very much hyped by the media in England.The media make it as if Utd would have won all the cups there is....But even before the munich incident they lost to the Real madrid team you mentioned (in the SF i think the previous year 2-0 was the scoreline)

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
+1 Beast..Their Busby babes team is very much hyped by the media in England.The media make it as if Utd would have won all the cups there is....But even before the munich incident they lost to the Real madrid team you mentioned (in the SF i think the previous year 2-0 was the scoreline)

True .. and that's what i said to the forum member we debated the subject with ..
as always in England when someone pass away he is hyped a lot (Lady Diana - Jade Goody..etc )

however History is History .. that Golden Generation Madrid team is highly praised for their quality & unbelievable back to back CL record (funny enough & ironic it was Barca who stopped Real from winning the 6th back to back and the first team to stop Real madrid in Europe )

Beast

The Observer
The Times
May 18, 2009

Arsene Wenger coy over Real Madrid

Gabriele Marcotti, European Football Correspondent

Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, has admitted that taking the reins at Real Madrid would be “an interesting project” while stopping short of denying that he had spoken with Florentino Pérez, the Spanish club’s former president and the leading candidate to win Real’s presidential elections this summer.

Speaking on Téléfoot, French television’s equivalent of Football Focus, Wenger appeared reluctant to pledge his future to Arsenal, despite a contract that runs to 2011.

“Pérez would be committed to a truly spectacular project, one which would be extremely interesting to any coach,” he said.

And when asked directly whether or not he had spoken to Pérez or his representatives, Wenger replied: “Allow me to remain discreet on that matter.” The French manager has long been proud of the fact that he has always honoured his contracts and, over the years, has turned down approaches from teams such as Real Madrid (twice), Bayern Munich and France. But, once again, he appeared somewhat coy on this subject during his appearance on Téléfoot. “In general, I always go right to the end of my contract,” he said.

Wenger’s appearance comes just a few days after last Thursday’s AGM when, for the first time since taking over at Arsenal back on October 1, 1996, he faced direct criticism from a section of the supporters present.

This latest statement would appear to cast doubt over his plans both in light of some of the criticism he has received, as well as the club’s uncertainty in terms of ownership, where the two foreign-born billionaire shareholders, Stan Kroenke, the American, and Alisher Usmanov, the Uzbek, appear to be jockeying for control.

Real Madrid would offer Wenger the chance to work at one of the world’s biggest clubs with a seemingly open chequebook. Pérez is keen to invest heavily in order to restore Real to their perch atop world football. During his previous tenure as president, from 2000 to 2005, he ushered in the so-called galáctico era, spending heavily to sign players such as Luis Figo, Ronaldo, Zinédine Zidane and David Beckham.

The possibility that Wenger might be considering Real must come as a shock, not least because his philosophy of building through youth seems to clash with Pérez’s stated goal of immediate success. Furthermore, at the Emirates Stadium Wenger enjoys near-total control, whereas, as previous Real coaches – including Fabio Capello – have discovered, at the Bernabéu power is shared with a host of club figures, from the sporting director to the president himself.

A more plausible, if more cynical, interpretation of Wenger’s words might be that he is keen to send a message to Arsenal, their supporters and, in particular, his critics.
=======================
Interesting development ... will Perez get the man he wanted to bring for so long ?

shadows

As long as Wenger is not handed control of the transfers i guess Real should do fine with him..Else we might end up seeing the likes of Bentdner in Real :D...

Beast, when is Pedja's time up??is he going 2 be thrown out or not?Seems like he is overstaying his time!

Beast

The Observer
I think he will be handed full control over the entire club technically that's why he said "Interesting project " ... he is not far in terms of ideas from Valdano or Zidane so i think they can make a similar committee like Lyon one to pick up players ..

Mijatovic is gone .. but like everything else @ the club no one can dismiss him & pay his salary they are not authorized to do so

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Pedja's time is up. He is leaving for sure, just at the end of the season so everything can be done properly and cleanly. No reason to fire him right now as he is not doing anything.

As for Arsene Wenger's development, I just got a heart attack. I talked a lot of shit about this man and grew this hatred towards him for everything rational and irrational, LOL! I guess if he really is appointed, I am going to have to swallow my pride and support him for the sake of the team.

Looking on the bright side (here I am, supporting Wenger), the youngsters brought in by Wenger may have been overrated but there are reasons as to why they really are. First of all, the shoes they will filling were far too big for their young and raw age. Second of all, there was a huge inflation in prices in the younger generation with the obsession/shift of thought from present to future. This made Wenger look for second best options as opposed to getting the best out there.

At Arsenal, he always felt a sense of guilt when he spent large sums of money for some odd reason having to manage the whole club from A to Z whereas at Real Madrid he will have one of the best academies in the universe, producing exceptional players in all departments allowing him to focus on bringing players who can take Real Madrid to new heights.

At Real Madrid the blame, praise and responsibilities will be shared between the manager, directors, coaches, and of course Uncle Perez. Also, at Real Madrid he will be humbled, just like everyone else. We may seem like an arrogant club to other teams but internally every single coach has been made an example of, every single player has been told off as they were praised and every single director/president was humiliated when they turned for the worst (never mind the fact that we over honor legendary players, its a tradition). The Bernabeu is only too big to fit over sized egos, with 80 thousand fans roaring in disapproval at the slightest of slack, Wenger will be forced to change his arrogant ways otherwise he will be sent home packing like Schuster. Wenger loves to stay around and linger so he has no choice but bring the beautiful football Arsenal play, but with far more grit which the Madrid shirt should supply automatically. A good mixture if you ask me, I just hope the frog deals with the press well (something he isn't too good at).

Beast

The Observer
AS reported through Guillem Balague that Valdano met Wenger in Paris and he gave a yes to the porject ..and a source close to the Technician said " i never thought that was possible

the article go on about how Wenger was promised funds from Arsenal board that never arrived and his old "I was a fan for Real when i was young " ...

it's too early to speculate.. judging by Madrid press previous prediction and exclusive this could be false.. judging by Perez history this could be true ...

however i highly respect Marcotti & the Times and this is coming from various sources including Wenger own declaration on TV

I guess the winner here is Castilla Madrid first & foremost and honestly u won't find anyone who hate the man more then me ..i always thought he would be a great director for youth academy and crap coach .. but for the first time i'm willing to support the idea.. to give up few years of titles for a strong youth base .. it also means a total shift of Perez previous idea's of managing Real which is very positive .. but Madridista need to be patient and forget the titles for a year or 2 .. I'm on board ( despite my cheer hatred for the man )

Beast

The Observer
forgot to add that needless to mention that the current targets has switched to

Ribery ( not CR )
Maicon
Clichy
Silva (selling Robben )
Villa
Cesc (ahead of Kaka)
Xabi Alonso ...

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Cheers Beast. At least I know I am not alone on Wenger :lol:

I am not so sure Beast if we could wait for 2 years to get a good Castilla base. If we want to see more Castilla players, we will need to win something ASAP in order to protect them from erratic behavior. And that is coming from someone who doesn't exactly subscribe to the whole, youngsters will be drown if thrown in the deep end and win nothing.

One thing though, I am setting my expectations to zero, never again am I going to expect anything or set my hopes too high. However I will always look on the bright side.

Beast

The Observer
well only true fans will remain (another positive ) .. it will be hard for Wenger for sure but he sure knows it and maybe he has some guarantees from Perez that no stupid decision like before will be made

the fans don't want titles only and it's clear from the latest polls weeks ago that Wenger came ahead of Mourinho & Ancelotti which means the fans know what he can do & cannot do .. one thing for sure Wenger cannot give you trophies from the first year but he can produce several youngsters & give them enough trust & support to flourish same way he did with his kids ...

however again lets see what will happen i don't expect anything to be clearer before the beginning of June .. in any case it's a landslide for Perez .. i'm expecting a 95 % win ..the project looks great on paper

Beast

The Observer
managers poll results in AS less then a week ago were as follows:

Wenger 48 %
Mourinho 18 % - Pellegerini 18 %
Michel 7 % (Crap)
Hugo Sanchez 5 %
Bilic 2 % - Ancelotti 2 %

wow Carlo is truly hated

beef-supreme

I really want Wenger to go to Madrid, because I hate him quite a lot, and I'd like him to manage them. You know, keeping all my hate concentrated takes much less anger than having to hate all over the place, over several areas of the continent. Now Real should sign Toni and Ballack and I'll be ecstatic!

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Ribery won't go to Madrid and nor will you get Wenger this year. This will be a car crash in slow motion, I am so looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans