Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Well Peter Hill Wood can say what he wants normally but Wenger himself came on television 2 days ago.. said Perez project is very interesting and refused to answer the question if he has spoken to Valdano or not..

I'm amazed with Antonio valencia agent who said Real Madrid have made an official bid(on soccernet/reuters..etc ) .. who in Real Madrid can make an official bid atm ? no one.. Perez is just a candidate
however Valencia is a great player and much cheaper & younger then the other 2 wingers

Beast

The Observer
I watched Wigan couple of times and he did a great job...

further on Wenger to Real here is Balagay article on it

Wenger - Madrid talks already underway

Florentino Perez, the clear favourite to become Real Madrid president in the summer, has set the wheels in motion to bring Arsene Wenger to the Bernabeu. Meetings have already taken place that confirm the interest of the Spanish club, the curiosity (at the very least) of the Arsenal boss and the deteriorating relationship between the French coach and his current employers.

And, despite the fact that Wenger came close to joining Real Madrid in 2003 and 2006; in the words of a source close to Wenger: "never before has it seemed more possible."

According to sources in France, Jorge Valdano - the man to whom Florentino Perez has delegated the responsibility for negotiating with the next coach of Madrid - held at least two meetings in Paris last Tuesday: one in relation to Franck Ribery, the other with Arsene Wenger`s agent, the Armenian Serge K.

An alternative source claims that Wenger has spoken personally with Florentino Perez last week, possibly by telephone: with further conversations set to take place in the next couple of days. Following these initial conversations, Florentino Perez has come to the conclusion that Arsene Wenger is ready to join Real Madrid.

Wenger, speaking yesterday on the French television programme Telefoot, broadcast by the French channel TF1 with whom the Arsenal coach works as a pundit, said: "With Florentino Pérez in charge, the project he has put forward would be interesting for any coach.”

The timing of these comments is no accident. The British press had earlier that same day been speculating that there was discontent over the scarcity of Wenger`s transfer budget: with a net total of €15 million suggested. That figure could increase with the sale of Adebayor, but remains more appropriate for a mid-table outfit – and insufficient for a club demanding a title challenge. Wenger was promised last season that he would have greater spending power at his disposal, but this money has not been seen.

For years, Arsene Wenger has been promised a level of funding that has never materialised, and at last Friday`s press conference – three days after the agent`s meeting with Valdano and the day after he was openly criticised by a group of shareholders for a fourth consecutive season without a trophy – a frustrated Wenger said: “You sit here, you are in the last four in Europe, and every day you feel you have killed someone. It is unbelievable. If you do not take a distance with it, you think: `What kind of world do we live in?` We lose against Man United who have 10 times more resources, it`s not a shame.”

Furthermore, the high profile dispute between major shareholders Alisher Usmanov and Stan Kroenke is destabilising a club that has always been a haven of tranquility in the football world. It has frequently been reported that Wenger`s current contract runs out in 2011, but the remainder of that contract takes the form of a rolling deal, with clauses enabling him to opt out sooner: “I always go to the end of my contract.... usually." said Wenger on TF1.

Florentino`s inner circle knows that there has never been a better time to make their move. They believe that Arsenal will come to regret their handling of Wenger and that the London club`s possible offer of an increased transfer budget and a new contract will be too little too late. Even though he has turned them down twice in the past, Wenger has never hid his admiration for Real Madrid: “I grew up believing that it is the greatest club in the world,” he told AS three years ago. Florentino Perez will step up his efforts to sign Wenger from today, now that the Premier league has been decided.

In order to be convinced, Wenger will need to know that he will be given the opportunity to hand pick the rest of his technical staff at the Bernabeu; that he will be able to instill his own philosophy at all levels of the club beyond the first team; that the likes of Perez, Valdano and Zidane are there to help, not hinder. The amount of money available to him will be of lesser importance to him – he`s never had very much to work with – what really interests him is an opportunity to reproduce a system that has brought him so much success at Arsenal: which is exactly what Florentino Perez wants.

Nándor

Well Peter Hill Wood can say what he wants normally but Wenger himself came on television 2 days ago.. said Perez project is very interesting and refused to answer the question if he has spoken to Valdano or not..

I'm amazed with Antonio valencia agent who said Real Madrid have made an official bid(on soccernet/reuters..etc ) .. who in Real Madrid can make an official bid atm ? no one.. Perez is just a candidate
however Valencia is a great player and much cheaper & younger then the other 2 wingers

it really looks like it's gonna be wenger. don't know what to think about that. one thing though why IMO pérez' choice to go for wenger instead of some one like laudrup or blanc could simply be respect and authority. as we all know, pérez is looking forward to bring the best players to madrid. wether you call it zidanes & pavones II or cristianos & negredos, doesn't matter. but what does matter is, that those players need a coach that will be respected AS A COACH. laudrup and blanc would have a hard time to get that sort of respect...for their merits as a player??? yes, sure. but as for their merits as coaches???!!!
despite the lack of big trophies, wenger, among todays coaches can regarded as, well...let's call it "great coaches". you need one of those if you want a coach who can handle all the stars with their egos and pride that pérez is about to bring to madrid. wether wenger actually can handle them is a diffrent question and remains to be seen.

meanwhile MARCA claim CR is scared his move to madrid is off the table. he fears they will go for ribéry instead and a poll on MARCA shows that madridistas favor ribery instead of CR.

i'm also curious to see wether wenger will bring fábregas with him or not and wether he'll team him up with xabi alonso in the midfield. something he's been said to be eager to do by bringing xabi alonso to arsenal. he could achieve that this summer for real madrid though :D
imo fábregas would be better next to xabi alonso and not as an alternative to kaka'. kaka' should be the playmaker with xabi and cesc behind. IF all three were to join real!!!

Nándor

ah, forgot about the valencia thing. rumor has it, that wigan is using a supposed offer from real madrid against manu to up the price. it's said that valencias future is with manu should CR join madrid and should he stay he'll move to madrid. but as i said the other day, there have already been reports that the transfer to manu is done but won't be official until the end of the season

E

Esteve

it really looks like it's gonna be wenger. don't know what to think about that. one thing though why IMO pérez' choice to go for wenger instead of some one like laudrup or blanc could simply be respect and authority. as we all know, pérez is looking forward to bring the best players to madrid. wether you call it zidanes & pavones II or cristianos & negredos, doesn't matter. but what does matter is, that those players need a coach that will be respected AS A COACH. laudrup and blanc would have a hard time to get that sort of respect...for their merits as a player??? yes, sure. but as for their merits as coaches???!!!
despite the lack of big trophies, wenger, among todays coaches can regarded as, well...let's call it "great coaches". you need one of those if you want a coach who can handle all the stars with their egos and pride that pérez is about to bring to madrid. wether wenger actually can handle them is a diffrent question and remains to be seen.

meanwhile MARCA claim CR is scared his move to madrid is off the table. he fears they will go for ribéry instead and a poll on MARCA shows that madridistas favor ribery instead of CR.

i'm also curious to see wether wenger will bring fábregas with him or not and wether he'll team him up with xabi alonso in the midfield. something he's been said to be eager to do by bringing xabi alonso to arsenal. he could achieve that this summer for real madrid though :D
imo fábregas would be better next to xabi alonso and not as an alternative to kaka'. kaka' should be the playmaker with xabi and cesc behind. IF all three were to join real!!!

Interesting.

That's a pretty big IF, I don't see Wenger leaving his current project after all he has put into it. As for Fabregas, I think that would be a very difficult signing to secure.

Nándor

Interesting.

That's a pretty big IF, I don't see Wenger leaving his current project after all he has put into it. As for Fabregas, I think that would be a very difficult signing to secure.

what part exactly do you think is interesting

with regards to fábregas, i think in the end it will come down to wenger. and with regards to wenger, he never was as "shy/coy" over a supposed move to real as he is now. i take it you know that this isn't the first time real madrid want wenger as a coach, but so far he has always been very quick in coming out and deny anything, including refusing the possibility to go to madrid. for the first time, he actually refuses to comment and calls pérez project interesting. therefore, i think it's safe to say that he AT LEAST is thinking about taking the job this time very hard.

E

Esteve

what part exactly do you think is interesting

with regards to fábregas, i think in the end it will come down to wenger. and with regards to wenger, he never was as "shy/coy" over a supposed move to real as he is now. i take it you know that this isn't the first time real madrid want wenger as a coach, but so far he has always been very quick in coming out and deny anything, including refusing the possibility to go to madrid. for the first time, he actually refuses to comment and calls pérez project interesting. therefore, i think it's safe to say that he AT LEAST is thinking about taking the job this time very hard.

I find the results of that poll interesting :p

I'm not sure, with Fabregas' history with Barça & the fact that he's always linked with a move there, signing for Madrid may be difficult for him personally. Yeah I understand Wenger has been on Madrid's wish list for a while now & it's true, he does seem to be very interested this time around but I believe he'll stay at Arsenal for another year anyway....

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
cesc is not joining madrid.

I would be highly surprised if wenger did, too. although that is more likely.

U know it wouldn't matter to me i was never an admirer of his work .. for me Laudrup or Blanc are better

too soon for blanc IMO, and he's ex-barca.

laudrup for me is the sensible choice. certainly the one I'd want to see if I was a madridista.

massively respected as a player (and a former madridista) and if he's given the backing he can be respected as a coach too. it's not about reputations, if the coach has the will it doesn't matter if he has no coaching history. like guardiola.

and tbh I don't know how respected wenger is as a coach. arsenal have been a joke for quite a while now and he looks like a bit of a mad scientist convinced that one day his little caterpillars will morph into butterflies. or something.

Zqa-

Laudrup don't have what it takes to be a manager of Madrid yet. He still needs 4-5 years in a club that are just under the biggest.

B

beautifulgame

Wenger is sitting in a mess right now; I don't see the appeal at the moment. Blanc or Laudrup for me would be ideal for this project.

Furthermore, what about Lass? He doesn't seem to like Wenger too much. He said something like: "I never learned anything from him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans