Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Arsenal now confident of keeping Wenger

A remarkable turnaround has taken place at Arsenal over the course of the last 24 hours and, by last night, a very different, more positive, mood was suddenly being projected by the club.

Despite being jeered by his own fans, openly criticised by shareholders and even Arsene Wenger himself publicly toying with the idea that employment elsewhere might prove `interesting,` there was a growing optimism amongst all closely associated with Arsenal that their manager was going to stay with them after all.

Florentino Perez` ultimatum that Arsene Wenger give him an answer within 48 hours may have helped the Frenchman come to such a quick conclusion – it is nowhere near enough time for Wenger to be convinced to abandon his footballing principles and philosophy to sign up to a managerial structure that might contravene almost all of his working practices.

But something else had changed, something closer to home.

A meeting took place at the club`s London Colney training ground yesterday between Arsenal Chief executive Ivan Gazidis and Arsene Wenger that ran on for over 4 hours. The criticism from the supporters, the complaints of the shareholders and, of course, Florentino Perez` attempts to prise the Frenchman away from the Emirates were all up for discussion.

It would seem that the meeting finished with Wenger hearing what he wanted to hear: the promise of an increased transfer budget for the summer (above the £15 million proposed last week), and the absolute assurances that the clubs major shareholders and board members are 100% unconditionally behind him. Since then we have also heard and seen a procession of senior Arsenal figures speaking on television and radio offering Wenger the kind of support that was, perhaps, lacking in the previous week.

Consequently, Arsenal are now confident that Arsene Wenger will stay.

There can be no hiding from the fact that Wenger, a man who is typically measured in his every word, told a French television station that Florentino Perez` Real Madrid project would be `very interesting.` It was said in his native tongue and there can be no doubting he knew what he was doing and the headlines that would follow. Whatever his reasoning, he now has the commitment and support from Arsenal that is thoroughly deserved, yet absent before this weekend.

As far as Real Madrid are concerned, Floretino Perez had offered Wenger a very lucrative deal, a transfer budget far in excess of anything that the Arsenal coach has ever had to work with before and the promise that he would be given a broader range of powers and control than any other Real Madrid manager in recent history. However, it would seem that Wenger has his doubts and has not been convinced, and sources close to him have said that the 48 hour ultimatum was simply too much pressure and not enough time for him to fully assess his options. Florentino Perez may not give up just yet, but Arsene Wenger is going to need an awful lot of persuading in a very short space of time – and at the moment, his head and heart are leaning towards Arsenal.

--------
niceeeeeeeee

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
So El Gomina has terminated his contract by mutual consent. Shouldn't really have to ask, but thoughts?

Beast

The Observer
So El Gomina has terminated his contract by mutual consent. Shouldn't really have to ask, but thoughts?

ok this may sound silly but he did a great job overall..
yes there was screw ups which is mainly last summer and some players prices but in the last 3 years he managed to build a great young team and trim the galacticos..

Higuain
Huntelaar
Sneijder
Lass
M diarra
Pepe (over pay a bit but considering 4 mil went to Pepe old club i'm content )
Robben
Metzelder(free )
the recall of De La Red
Garay for 10 Mil
even those who didn't yet prove their worth like Gago or Drenthe were very promising young players and VDV but it didn't cost us a lot

then you have people like Ruud and Cannavaro (before he went downhill )
can't blame him for Saviola cause that was board member and a political move

then u have Capello's request Emerson, you have the bad move of selling Robinho (still got a record price for him so it's good however it wasn't really Miajtovic mistake but he could have handled the situation better ) the loan of Soldado,Granero

so overall i like what he did he bought some promising young players who can give Real not a year of 2 but 8 at least.. u need to have someone with balls to sell big stars or release them and buy young unproven once, i was waiting for him to take out Guti-Raul-salgado.. 2 out 3 is not bad

he gave Calderon wrong info about how is the situation going on the the Cesc-Kaka-CR media frenzy and that's one of his worst traits .. but i'm thankful for what he did .. the back bone is quite good and time to finalize the project

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
This forum reeks of mancness might stop posting for a month of so until they leave :D

If I wanted to chat with mancs I'd live in Singapore or London or wherever Meta lives.............

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Wow, that is not what I expected at all Beast, this is exactly why I value your opinion. Every other Madridista seems to think the guy is cancer encapsulated and solely responsible for the fucking up of your squad.

Beast

The Observer
Wow, that is not what I expected at all Beast, this is exactly why I value your opinion. Every other Madridista seems to think the guy is cancer encapsulated and solely responsible for the fucking up of your squad.

thanks mate :beer2:

well easiest thing to do when u lose is point the finger..but as they say when you point a finger there is 3 fingers pointing back @ you
and since Calderon left people relate to Mijatovic.. the guy is not half as bad as people make him.. show me a single Football director who have 100 % track record or got everything write..

in Schuster first year Real had the youngest average squad in the liga (or Europe can't remember ) ..
this year our weakness is exposed and that doesn't mean he did a bad job .. it means we are just not there yet and we need to work harder and sign the 25-28 year old who could give this team the edge they miss to reach the top 8 in Europe

it's time to build from where Mijatovic stopped IMO

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Everyone hated him for putting himself in the hot seat all the time. He put himself there Quash, not because of his work. Those who know Madrid before the Galacticos and still Madrid after the Galacticos have been happy with the players he got in. His constant battles with Capello, his constant interviews during Schuster, his wrong information and arrogant behavior towards other clubs made him hated however if you were to asses his work, you'd find a lot more positives than negatives.

The only problem with Mijatovic was actually Calderon. Everyone forgets that Calderon wanted Schuster in order to bring in beautiful football, which changed the direction in which Mijatovic's team was headed. The sudden infusion of Dutch players was to help bring that sexy football, except it did not work. Injuries fuck us over big time, I don't blame Mijatovic, who would have thought 3 starters would be out for the season? Our main striker (Ruud), and two of our best midfielders (De la Red, Diarra).

I never hated him as much as people did but I swear everytime I opened that Real Madrid website his face there before the players and the coach. Holy Molly, I thought.

Beast

The Observer
Everyone hated him for putting himself in the hot seat all the time. He put himself there Quash, not because of his work. Those who know Madrid before the Galacticos and still Madrid after the Galacticos have been happy with the players he got in. His constant battles with Capello, his constant interviews during Schuster, his wrong information and arrogant behavior towards other clubs made him hated however if you were to asses his work, you'd find a lot more positives than negatives.

The only problem with Mijatovic was actually Calderon. Everyone forgets that Calderon wanted Schuster in order to bring in beautiful football, which changed the direction in which Mijatovic's team was headed. The sudden infusion of Dutch players was to help bring that sexy football, except it did not work. Injuries fuck us over big time, I don't blame Mijatovic, who would have thought 3 starters would be out for the season? Our main striker (Ruud), and two of our best midfielders (De la Red, Diarra).

I never hated him as much as people did but I swear everytime I opened that Real Madrid website his face there before the players and the coach. Holy Molly, I thought.

might as well educate yourself in that matter...

Mijatovic had zero fights with Capello.. he did fight to keep Capello against all odds

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
So the press say De Rossi is back in the sights of Perez. Which would signal the definite end to Gago. As we said four years ago, he would be dynamite in our defence, but then lass wouldn't be needed as we'd have an almost complete midfielder.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
might as well educate yourself in that matter...

Mijatovic had zero fights with Capello.. he did fight to keep Capello against all odds

No Beast, that was at the end, but he kept on pulling this meetings with Capello about the situation half way through the season and stated them in public for everyone to panic.

The situation was absolutely crap I agree but things were fucking boiling and he always had something to say even though it was unnecessary.

Like I said, it was Calderon's idea to bring in Schuster.

Beast

The Observer
No Raed.. all Mijatovic meetings with Capello was due to him being a middle man then his own point of view
Capello was Mijatovic choice and he fought all the way for him during the season including releasing those big stars capello wanted out ..

Beast

The Observer
So the press say De Rossi is back in the sights of Perez. Which would signal the definite end to Gago. As we said four years ago, he would be dynamite in our defence, but then lass wouldn't be needed as we'd have an almost complete midfielder.

The end of gago is not a subject for discussion tbh .. i think the reason for checking De Rossi situation is the ridiculous money Pool are asking for Xabi Alonso .. the next best thing is De Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans