Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
mourinho is awesome and real have shown their squad is receptive to very hands-on management. especially one that instills belief in the squad. so I hope to fuck you don't appoint mourinho.

Beast

The Observer
i'd give him a month and a half before the boo boys got the best of him.. expect a birdie from him ala Capello in 3 month time

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Well he would certainly be able to sort out the attitudes in your squad. It would spell the end of Raul though. Zinedine "The Eternal Headbutt" Zidane has apparently been in Munich trying to get Ribery to sign and Kaka has announced that he is staying at Milan. I still think that CR7 is your only realistic Galactico that you'll manage to snare but that will empty your war-chest. Xabi Alonso looks like it is in the bag but the sounds coming from Villa Park is that they would rather let Barry go on a free than sell him to Liverpool, which would mean that the 'pool would be unlikely to sell until they had a suitable replacement.

Nobody seems to be talking about your defence in the lead up to the elections. Canna's left, Heinze will probably be sold, Ramos could be off to Milan and Torres and Marcelo are not really up to standard. If you throw the uncertainty over Pepe's future into the mix, you are looking very threadbare at the back.

Do you think that what I have described above to be realistic, and if so, who would your replacements be at the back if we say that you spend €65mil on CR7 and €23mil on Xabi Alonso?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
didn't expect this reaction from u Meta

well look at the records.

capello is a prickly no-nonsense "I'll do it my way" kind of manager who is very good at instilling belief in players (just look what he did with roma and is doing with england) and he did that so well with you guys that schuster managed to scam his way to a title off the back of capello's work.

mourinho is a prickly no-nonsense "I'll do it my way" kind of manager who is very good at instilling belief in players (just look what he did with porto and chelsea). your squad will respond very well to him even if he'll upset every media outlet in the country.

he's not even a defensive coach, he just - like capello - sorts the defence out first and then builds the attack on that. when he had crespo and drogba in a 442 chelsea were fucking frightening at times, and then when hernan pussied out he tried to sign eto'o as a replacement but was given sheva and it all went wrong.

in terms of personality I can see how people dislike him. I always found him amusing though no doubt if he moves to real I would find him objectionable. but it's hard to argue with his record. obviously inter is different from chelsea (but he's getting to grips with them and needs a summer to overhaul the squad) and then real is different from inter. but like I said, your squad responds well to the whip and mourinho is an expert wielder of it.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
No Raed.. all Mijatovic meetings with Capello was due to him being a middle man then his own point of view
Capello was Mijatovic choice and he fought all the way for him during the season including releasing those big stars capello wanted out ..

Why did a lot of people hate Mijatovic? They thought he should shut up. All I was saying was that him being involved in everything publicly gave people an unfair opinion of him.

I am one of those who appreciated Mijatovic's work, I supported him through and through.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

capello is a prickly no-nonsense "I'll do it my way" kind of manager who is very good at instilling belief in players (just look what he did with roma and is doing with england) and he did that so well with you guys that schuster managed to scam his way to a title off the back of capello's work.

mourinho is a prickly no-nonsense "I'll do it my way" kind of manager who is very good at instilling belief in players (just look what he did with porto and chelsea). your squad will respond very well to him even if he'll upset every media outlet in the country.

he's not even a defensive coach, he just - like capello - sorts the defence out first and then builds the attack on that. when he had crespo and drogba in a 442 chelsea were fucking frightening at times, and then when hernan pussied out he tried to sign eto'o as a replacement but was given sheva and it all went wrong.

in terms of personality I can see how people dislike him. I always found him amusing though no doubt if he moves to real I would find him objectionable. but it's hard to argue with his record. obviously inter is different from chelsea (but he's getting to grips with them and needs a summer to overhaul the squad) and then real is different from inter. but like I said, your squad responds well to the whip and mourinho is an expert wielder of it.

This is Real Madrid though. It is a club criteria to have a well behaved coach. The shows Mourinho will be unacceptable even if he plays better football than Pep and wins the treble.

Mourinho is staying at Inter, he is not moving. I won't lose sleep over it.

At this stage Meta, there isn't much of self belief to instill, the players have it, they have won the league the season before, it is just order they seek and some creativity.

All it took from Juande to go on an incredible run was to find a system and told the players specific simple instructions.

At this point, bring in some creativity, bring some talent, promote it, add depth to the squad and bring me a manager who can work out a system. We don't have 3 seasons of drought to worry about thanks to Capello.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
This is Real Madrid though. It is a club criteria to have a well behaved coach. The shows Mourinho will be unacceptable even if he plays better football than Pep and wins the treble.

Mourinho is staying at Inter, he is not moving. I won't lose sleep over it.

well you're right that mourinho is too raucous for real.

but anyway...

At this stage Meta, there isn't much of self belief to instill, the players have it, they have won the league the season before, it is just order they seek and some creativity.

All it took from Juande to go on an incredible run was to find a system and told the players specific simple instructions.

I don't know about no self-belief to instill. apart from higuain, raul and perhaps lass, your players don't have much self-belief.

the problem with juande and his system was it was a small-club system which was constantly derided for not producing flowing football and dominating games. like you say, you're real madrid. just winning isn't enough. you need a system which means you can boss the fuck out of games - and the belief that you can do that. you don't have that right now, you lost it. well, apart from a few players.

At this point, bring in some creativity, bring some talent, promote it, add depth to the squad and bring me a manager who can work out a system. We don't have 3 seasons of drought to worry about thanks to Capello.

like I said. mourinho fits that.

BUT, yeah, he's too outspoken for madrid and is focused on his inter project. so that won't happen.

the question is... who will come? no manager of repute will want to work under the control freak valdano, so beast's suggestion of laudrup does look like it could be possible.

Beast

The Observer
Well he would certainly be able to sort out the attitudes in your squad. It would spell the end of Raul though. Zinedine "The Eternal Headbutt" Zidane has apparently been in Munich trying to get Ribery to sign and Kaka has announced that he is staying at Milan. I still think that CR7 is your only realistic Galactico that you'll manage to snare but that will empty your war-chest. Xabi Alonso looks like it is in the bag but the sounds coming from Villa Park is that they would rather let Barry go on a free than sell him to Liverpool, which would mean that the 'pool would be unlikely to sell until they had a suitable replacement.

Nobody seems to be talking about your defence in the lead up to the elections. Canna's left, Heinze will probably be sold, Ramos could be off to Milan and Torres and Marcelo are not really up to standard. If you throw the uncertainty over Pepe's future into the mix, you are looking very threadbare at the back.

Do you think that what I have described above to be realistic, and if so, who would your replacements be at the back if we say that you spend €65mil on CR7 and €23mil on Xabi Alonso?

I think the talk about Kaka or any player is very premature no one can sign a player with a person he is not Real Madrid president and any signature now is legally not worth the printing paper .. one thing for sure if Perez don't get his player he won't talk about him

if u believe the press and Rafa own "we will break the transfer record " then it means he will have some extra money as they only allocated 15 Mil and that's from Real paying Xabi Price ..
as far as i know from Various resources in and out of Madrid Perez is preparing 230 Million Euro for transfers or as Perez himself said " the current situation in Real require spending 3 seasons transfer kitty " and those 230 include the Santander loan and possibly the departure of some names which u have not taken into consideration

I think the defense will be reinforced apart from Garay who we already signed on a cheap last year .. despite all Perez faults he did sign Walter Samuel,Woodgate and above all Ramos.. and you are off in your defense analysis.. Ramos is Perez player he is not leaving the club not only because he is Perez signing but also his popularity in Madrid is enormous , yes he was subject to boo boys but he still came high in the popularity polls with 80% of the fans want him to stay..
end of Raul ? i think it's a must and i think he himself know he is not the same with the fans anymore .. it's up to Mourinho if he is the man but i do feel and sense the end of Raul era in Madrid especially with his 2 wing commanders are out of the club in the summer
however Ribery or Valencia .. one thing for sure they will reinforce the right winger position well with a possibility that Robben make way for Silva as part of the new Spanish core

the logical choice if for some reason Kaka didn't come (although once again Silvio did say 2 days ago he will be selling Kaka this time in the EU gala dinner ) i think the obvious choice will be taking off Gourcuff of Milan so it's a win win situation for Milan or Real especially with the right hand ear (that's Zidane for u ) like him a lot
i personally prefer Gourcuff

good points made here Meta , no objection to all u said .. it's true

Warik

Haven't read much of the Spanish press all week. Is it true that Perez had delayed the release of the details for his project until May 28th just for a win-win situation, or is that just Balague talking too much again? As in if Barça win the CL Perez can pick up the fans, but if Barça lose he can 'hurt' Barcelona more by claiming he has all these players coming? Sounds like a Perez sort of thing to do tbh...but I always thought he'd announced details would be released on the 22nd (tomorrow)

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Juan Onieva announces his candidacy

Satellite

"It's essential to recover the values that made this institution great in the first place"

Realmadrid.com / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

Former Real Madrid Vice-President Juan Onieva announced his candidacy to the Presidential Election with the slogan 'What Real Madrid can do for you'.

Juan Onieva said he decided to become a candidate because of "the current crisis Real Madrid is suffering, which is rooted in the abandonment of the basic principles that have determined the Club's fate since the day it was founded." He said the main reasons for this problem are "exacerbated mercantilism, abandonment of the youth system, and building a competitive team based on capital."

Onieva said "it is essential to recover the values that made this institution great in the first place" and pointed out that his candidacy's programme is based on a very clear idea: 'Team work'. "In order for it to work, we must all be involved and actively participate." The three basic principles of his programme are: "1.- We are a sports entity and we don't ever want to stop being one. 2.- Winning isn't enough. It is important to win with style and good football. 3.- The Club Member is boss. He is the one who decides what's going to happen in the next few years."

Onieva then stated the principle commitments of his programme, one of which is support for the youth system: "Three Castilla players will be promoted to the first team every year; fifty percent of the squad should be elegible to play on the Spanish national team; every club team must have its own identity and style; as a social institution, Real Madrid must make an effort towards members who are having a difficult time; Club Members must constantly be aware of what's happening at the Club and a Club Members Committee will be created to ensure this; Real Madrid must be leaders both on a sporting and institutional level; finallly, the committments applied to the football section must also be applied to the basketball section."

Beast

The Observer
Haven't read much of the Spanish press all week. Is it true that Perez had delayed the release of the details for his project until May 28th just for a win-win situation, or is that just Balague talking too much again? As in if Barça win the CL Perez can pick up the fans, but if Barça lose he can 'hurt' Barcelona more by claiming he has all these players coming? Sounds like a Perez sort of thing to do tbh...but I always thought he'd announced details would be released on the 22nd (tomorrow)
no he will delay it Warik no doubt.. no way a club to announce a departure of a star while league games are still going.. nothing will be announced till June

Juan Onieva announces his candidacy

Satellite

"It's essential to recover the values that made this institution great in the first place"

Realmadrid.com / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

Former Real Madrid Vice-President Juan Onieva announced his candidacy to the Presidential Election with the slogan 'What Real Madrid can do for you'.

Juan Onieva said he decided to become a candidate because of "the current crisis Real Madrid is suffering, which is rooted in the abandonment of the basic principles that have determined the Club's fate since the day it was founded." He said the main reasons for this problem are "exacerbated mercantilism, abandonment of the youth system, and building a competitive team based on capital."

Onieva said "it is essential to recover the values that made this institution great in the first place" and pointed out that his candidacy's programme is based on a very clear idea: 'Team work'. "In order for it to work, we must all be involved and actively participate." The three basic principles of his programme are: "1.- We are a sports entity and we don't ever want to stop being one. 2.- Winning isn't enough. It is important to win with style and good football. 3.- The Club Member is boss. He is the one who decides what's going to happen in the next few years."

Onieva then stated the principle commitments of his programme, one of which is support for the youth system: "Three Castilla players will be promoted to the first team every year; fifty percent of the squad should be elegible to play on the Spanish national team; every club team must have its own identity and style; as a social institution, Real Madrid must make an effort towards members who are having a difficult time; Club Members must constantly be aware of what's happening at the Club and a Club Members Committee will be created to ensure this; Real Madrid must be leaders both on a sporting and institutional level; finallly, the committments applied to the football section must also be applied to the basketball section."

Bollocks..
what if we don't produce good enough quality ? i don't like manifesto's based on ethnic preferences.. it's not like u have to have Spanish players disregarding their talents just because 50 % must be Spanish ..

he is playing on the socio's emotions

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Exactly you cannot drop off on quality no matter the nationality otherwise you will soon see yourself drop down the table. If he had said 1 player then perhaps the team could carry that 1 player - no matter his quality - for a while but not 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans